follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Drives: Raven 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to ? Diy exterior vinyl

I am assuming there is a thread somewhere on this forum with an amazing breakdown of how to vinyl the outside and also the inside of my 86, however when I search I see a million threads about vinyl so ill suck it up and ask. I want to know, for those who have already undertaken this project or are technically savvy, how much vinyl am I going to need to wrap the exterior of my car, obviously excluding the windows. I am going to get my vinyl from a site which sells the sheets in footlong increments. Ive read that due to subtle variations in vinyl it is best to buy all of it in 1 batch so that the quality of the print is uniform. Ballparking it I guessed that 48in x 120in would be more than enough. Am I far off? I need to make sure I buy a few feet of extra vinyl as this will be my first time ever using vinyl so I am sure I will need extra on the smaller pieces of the car in case I make mistakes.
moving on I also wanted to know if I am missing anything from my need to buy tools list before I get started.
Solid quality heat gun
Carport, maybe a garage if i can coax a friend or my parents into letting me use theirs
plastic applicator to smooth out the vinyl itself
clay bar and contamination remover fluid
and a ton of patience from what ive read haha.
I hope if you've worked with vinyl before especially on this car that you can help me out and provide me with any information I may have missed. Especially with the amount of vinyl I need. I reallly dont want to order too little, have to buy more and have the vinyl not perfectly the same color.

enlighten me!
thanks,
brandon
Old 11-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Cridland

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11462 legitly everything you need!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Cridland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cridland For This Useful Post:
bdanisi (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Drives: Raven 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridland View Post
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11462 legitly everything you need!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Haha thank you! And end thread. Haha ask and u shall receive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk