follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2018, 10:58 AM   #1177
zeal86

Drives:
Thanked 1,773 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
On another note...

I'm back to beastin' it at the gym. Started back up after the longest stretch of inactivity since I started weight training.

I hardly became sore... I attribute that to the new supplements I'm taking. I usually use Optimum Nutrition products and I still consider them good but I wanted to switch it up. I took a chance on EVLution Nutrition based on Amazon reviews... I have not been disappointed. I purchased their Test Booster, Protein, Creatine, and BCAAs. I'm not sure which product is the most responsible for my quck return to form but if I had to guess... I'd say it is the testosterone booster. Anyway, for any of y'all wanting to get back into the swing of things or just want to switch it up... I'll definitely recommend EVLution Nutrition products.

Also, I came across an alternative to the awesome but expensive lifting grips by Versa Grip. They are hands down the best lifting grips I've ever used. They lasted me around three years....but they are expensive.

On Amazon check out the Grip Power Pads Pro. I have ordered and received the aforementioned lifting grips... I'm hard pressed to find any significant differences between them and the Versa Grips. If you're in the market for some lifting grips and want to save some cash for car mods check these out... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9FY4L3..._RkKwBbB3CDC14

IG @zeal.eightsix
zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:15 PM   #1178
zeal86

Drives:
Spent Saturday and Sunday cleaning and reorganizing my Garage... I needed a fresh start... the disorganization and dust was driving me nuts.

A lot more relaxed now... hopefully I'll get back on track tomorrow.

A heads up... I'm selling a number of items in the market place...

I'm selling: Tredwear Tire Letters, OEM Spark Plugs, Beatrush Tow Hook, OEM Intake Manifold Cover, OEM Pulley Cover, OEM Gauge Cluster Hood, OEM Speakers, OEM Steering Wheel, OEM Oil Filters, and a Silver Traction Control Switch Assembly...

Just check my latest posts for the links.

IG @zeal.eightsix
Old 07-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #1179
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeal86 View Post
Spent Saturday and Sunday cleaning and reorganizing my Garage... I needed a fresh start... the disorganization and dust was driving me nuts.

A lot more relaxed now... hopefully I'll get back on track tomorrow.

A heads up... I'm selling a number of items in the market place...

I'm selling: Tredwear Tire Letters, OEM Spark Plugs, Beatrush Tow Hook, OEM Intake Manifold Cover, OEM Pulley Cover, OEM Gauge Cluster Hood, OEM Speakers, OEM Steering Wheel, OEM Oil Filters, and a Silver Traction Control Switch Assembly...

Just check my latest posts for the links.

IG @zeal.eightsix
Color of tow hook?
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #1180
zeal86

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Color of tow hook?
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3116130

IG @zeal.eightsix
Old 07-31-2018, 09:57 PM   #1181
zeal86

Drives:
I will order the Morimoto headlights from The Retrofit Source tomorrow. They will solve a problem I knew I would have since I deleted my OEM signal lights. I replaced them with Innovated Dynamics brake ducts. I will now have turn signals in my head lights.

Now I'm going to either cut open my tail lights and paint them gloss black or purchase Helix Depo black housing OEM style tails so that they mesh with the headlights and my new look.

Since I have deleted my lower reverse light assembly, I need blacked-out OEM style tails to continue with my current set up... which is the Diode Dynamics Tails-as-Turns modules. With the DD modules, I moved my reverse lights to where my signal light bulbs used to be. My other option is to install a small light bar for a reverse light... that would open up my options for tail lights.

More to come...

IG @zeal.eightsix
Old 07-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #1182
Ashikabi

Quote:
I will order the Morimoto headlights from The Retrofit Source tomorrow. They will solve a problem I knew I would have since I deleted my OEM signal lights. I replaced them with Innovated Dynamics brake ducts. I will now have turn signals in my head lights.

Now I'm going to either cut open my tail lights and paint them gloss black or purchase Helix Depo black housing OEM style tails so that they mesh with the headlights and my new look.

Since I have deleted my lower reverse light assembly, I need blacked-out OEM style tails to continue with my current set up... which is the Diode Dynamics Tails-as-Turns modules. With the DD modules, I moved my reverse lights to where my signal light bulbs used to be. My other option is to install a small light bar for a reverse light... that would open up my options for tail lights.

More to come...

IG @zeal.eightsix
This is how I solved it. A light bar is too deep to fit on the face of the crash bar. You could go below if your diffuser allows. My next choice was trailer style led "light bars/pods". Usually in kind of an oval shape, about 6 inches long. Decided burying some 3 inch pods in the non-structural ends of the bumper would be stealthiest. I could have used square pods. I don't remember why I chose these

Edit: these are 2 inches deep, looks like most square pods are 3 inches deep. The crash bar it's only 2 inches deep approximately

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
zeal86 (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 10:35 PM   #1183
zeal86

Drives:
You did a good job concealing the LEDs because I don't see them in the pic... lol

My install will be different because I will have the Battle Aero chassis mount wing. The brace is different than my previous Beatrush and OEM braces. If I go the route of an LED bar for the reverse light I'll have to figure something out.

Thanks for the input on the LED options.
Quote:
This is how I solved it. A light bar is too deep to fit on the face of the crash bar. You could go below if your diffuser allows. My next choice was trailer style led "light bars/pods". Usually in kind of an oval shape, about 6 inches long. Decided burying some 3 inch pods in the non-structural ends of the bumper would be stealthiest. I could have used square pods. I don't remember why I chose these

Edit: these are 2 inches deep, looks like most square pods are 3 inches deep. The crash bar it's only 2 inches deep approximately

IG @zeal.eightsix
Old 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM   #1184
Ashikabi

Quote:
You did a good job concealing the LEDs because I don't see them in the pic... lol

My install will be different because I will have the Battle Aero chassis mount wing. The brace is different than my previous Beatrush and OEM braces. If I go the route of an LED bar for the reverse light I'll have to figure something out.

Thanks for the input on the LED options.

IG @zeal.eightsix
Does the wing eliminate the crash bar? Should have tons of space for a full retard 10,000,000 lumen light bar then. Could get a drift bar too, that'd give you space
Old 07-31-2018, 10:48 PM   #1185
zeal86

Drives:
It has a bar engineered to accomodate and support the wing supports. I figure from looking at the design that I will have plenty of space for a light bar if I decide to go that route.
Quote:
Does the wing eliminate the crash bar? Should have tons of space for a full retard 10,000,000 lumen light bar then. Could get a drift bar too, that'd give you space
IG @zeal.eightsix
Old 07-31-2018, 10:50 PM   #1186
Ashikabi

Whatever you do, it should be excessive. I really liked my tail for turn kit btw(it's for sale if you don't have 1 yet). Just like my Lexon tails better
Quote:
It has a bar engineered to accomodate and support the wing supports. I figure from looking at the design that I will have plenty of space for a light bar if I decide to go that route.

IG @zeal.eightsix
Old 07-31-2018, 10:53 PM   #1187
zeal86

Drives:
I love the TAT kit... I've had it installed for like 3+ years. That should be an easy sell for you!
Quote:
Whatever you do, it should be excessive. I really liked my tail for turn kit btw(it's for sale if you don't have 1 yet). Just like my Lexon tails better
IG @zeal.eightsix
Old 08-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #1188
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I recommend the Depo Blacked out stockers. Cutting the stock taillights open sucks and getting it sealed back 100% sucks just as much. Mine shifted a tiny bit during drying and 1: Opened a small hole that lets water in, 2: Moved such that when I tightened it down, it cracked the lens.

That being said, if anyone could do it and it turn out great, it would be you. I just think the price on the depos is low enough to make it worth it over painting factory.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #1189
zeal86

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
I recommend the Depo Blacked out stockers. Cutting the stock taillights open sucks and getting it sealed back 100% sucks just as much. Mine shifted a tiny bit during drying and 1: Opened a small hole that lets water in, 2: Moved such that when I tightened it down, it cracked the lens.

That being said, if anyone could do it and it turn out great, it would be you. I just think the price on the depos is low enough to make it worth it over painting factory.
Thanks for the heads up... The only two reasons I would consider the modifying over purchasing the Depo Tails is that I want the reflector to be black and the interior to be gloss black instead of matte black. My headlights will be gloss black so gloss black tails will mesh better.

You are right about the price of the Depos though ... $200 shipped is cheap.

IG @zeal.eightsix
Old 08-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #1190
zeal86

Drives:
I ordered the Morimoto headlights today. I'll decide what to do with my tails once I see the Morimoto headlights in person.

I still haven't decided on my spoiler... it is still between the Five Axis and Rallybacker v2. I also like the Legs Sport duck bill but too many people run that spoiler. I think those are the only decisions I have yet to make.

IG @zeal.eightsix