follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #29
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
ugh I hate those people that taunt u and think they own the road because they drive skyscrapers. Here in South Fl, we obviously have many cubans, who dont drive much in cuba, and come here and all own duelys f350s, silverados, hummers, rams, etc, and thing they can do what thay want one the road. Usually when they are behind me, i drive realllyyy reeaaallllyyy slow, just to piss them off. hehe.

But if you have a purpose for it, then go ahead make them 15ft tall if u want. Just yesterday, outside of the DMV, a giant hummer backed up right into a Sentra.. idiot
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #30
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral_Eyes View Post

This is the crap I imagine. Dumbasses with purple HID retrofit garbage in reflector housings, psuedo-offroad tires that would either pop a bead trying to do their job or allow the monochromatic high-dollar wheels to get scuffed up, can't-park-for-shit but that's totally because "I don't give a fuck!" and not that they just can't-park-for-shit.

Okay, so maybe that last bit wasn't exactly a sentence. I'm just reliving one of those ****wads backing into my B13 and totaling it.

That STI will be SOL once you add in some real conditions!

Old 12-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #31
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Drives: Marty's Hover Board
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
When I pull up behind a regular car (not lowered), they don't have that problem. To even up the discussion, don't lower your car so you won't get blinded.

My truck is only lifted 2.75" with the Donahoe/Icon front coilovers and add-a-leaf and Donahoe/Icon rear shocks. I've been on trails and took it offroading.

What I dislike in regards to lifted trucks is when they put the Procomp and Fabtech lifts. It lifts the truck high but leaves the axles near the stock height so you're not really gaining any ground clearance.
Again youre making assumptions. I drive a stock 93 accord. It is stock height. Just to even up the discussion........
Old 12-09-2011, 02:19 AM   #32
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
meh some are cool

just hate it when they are lifted and have HID pointing directly into the rear view and then ride your ass while blinding you
Agree. +1
Old 12-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #33
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral_Eyes View Post
this is the crap im talking about. My stock heigh car still gets blinded by this truck. Not only that but if a kid were walking behind that truck or anybody at any height really....they would not be seen by the driver. Safety hazard plain and simple. I dont care if its psuedo tires or a psuedo off road truck or if its not being used what its "meant for". Thats not my problem. The problem is safety. The same way a cars headlights cant be too low I really think that too high is a safety issue as well. This car right here should be illegal.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:04 AM   #34
RRnold
2 wheel member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrclptcnsmniak View Post
Again youre making assumptions. I drive a stock 93 accord. It is stock height. Just to even up the discussion........
My truck is a midsized and is only lifted 2.75". I get blinded by lifted F150's, Rams, Silverados, Sierra's headlights too. All rearview mirrors have either an auto or a manual switch, use it!

Quote:
this is the crap im talking about. My stock heigh car still gets blinded by this truck. Not only that but if a kid were walking behind that truck or anybody at any height really....they would not be seen by the driver. Safety hazard plain and simple. I dont care if its psuedo tires or a psuedo off road truck or if its not being used what its "meant for". Thats not my problem. The problem is safety. The same way a cars headlights cant be too low I really think that too high is a safety issue as well. This car right here should be illegal.
There are laws on how much you can lift your vehicle. If people want to take that risk, let them deal with it.

http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-.../lift-laws.htm

The same thing can happen with a bus, a semi truck, a Uhaul truck, an RV etc! So anything that is bigger than your '93 Accord is a potential safety hazard right!!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #35
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
My truck is a midsized and is only lifted 2.75". I get blinded by lifted F150's, Rams, Silverados, Sierra's headlights too. All rearview mirrors have either an auto or a manual switch, use it!

There are laws on how much you can lift your vehicle. If people want to take that risk, let them deal with it.

http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-.../lift-laws.htm

The same thing can happen with a bus, a semi truck, a Uhaul truck, an RV etc! So anything that is bigger than your '93 Accord is a potential safety hazard right!!
My rearview mirror doesnt have a switch. And 2.75 inches I agree is not bad. I am not hating on your vehicle specifically.

And I think youre missing the point of this discussion. I simply stated that this is what I dislike about lifted trucks. I dont see how or why youre creating an argument as if my points arent valid.

And no I am not talking about size here. I am talking about ride height and how it blinds people and also the lack of visibility they have when backing up.... again youre using red harring.

i am not attacking you nor am i using the size of vehicles as my concern. can you please read what I write first. This is what I dislike about lifted trucks... its as simple as that. I am sure I can find a lot of people that agree with me. You dont have an argument.

ME: I dislike lifted trucks because they blind me and are a safety issue with visibility.

You: Dont lower your car (not lowered)
Use your rearview mirror switch (car doesnt have one)
There are laws regarding ride height (doesnt change the fact that I dislike them for blinding me)
Bus RV Semi Truck ... ( its not in comparison to my accord its in comparison to a pedestrian)
Old 12-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #36
RRnold
2 wheel member

Quote:
My rearview mirror doesnt have a switch. And 2.75 inches I agree is not bad. I am not hating on your vehicle specifically.

And I think youre missing the point of this discussion. I simply stated that this is what I dislike about lifted trucks. I dont see how or why youre creating an argument as if my points arent valid.

And no I am not talking about size here. I am talking about ride height and how it blinds people and also the lack of visibility they have when backing up.... again youre using red harring.

i am not attacking you nor am i using the size of vehicles as my concern. can you please read what I write first. This is what I dislike about lifted trucks... its as simple as that. I am sure I can find a lot of people that agree with me. You dont have an argument.

ME: I dislike lifted trucks because they blind me and are a safety issue with visibility.

You: Dont lower your car (not lowered)
Use your rearview mirror switch (car doesnt have one)
There are laws regarding ride height (doesnt change the fact that I dislike them for blinding me)
Bus RV Semi Truck ... ( its not in comparison to my accord its in comparison to a pedestrian)
Your mirror should have it, unless you have an aftermarket mirror.

We went off in a tangent but my point is people customize their cars and do what every they feel. We could sit and go on all day but it just sounds so petty to hate on a lifted truck b/c it blinds you. I could understand if a truck was driving behind you on a single lane road and you had nowhere to go. Honestly how often are you behind a lifted truck for it to be that much of a issue, maybe at a stoplight for a minute.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #37
Foto

Drives: 2007 Scion tC RS3.0 #525 of 2500
Oh yeah... lifted diesel trucks run around everywhere here. It gets me. Yes some of them serve a purpose. But the rest of them are annoying prick wannabe "Holister" hoosiers. Yes I live in Missouri, but in the city I live of over 70k people with 2 other towns and unincorporated county all around, so well up toward almost 200k, this isn't a redneck area. It's all suburban and businesses. Yet you have these idiots in these lifted diesel rigs with stacks and the "dual whips" on the back. Can't forget the truck nuts. And yes, the people around here aren't actual rednecks, they're wannabes. Just because they have a truck and live in Missouri, they think they're rednecks. I owned a lifted Jeep Wrangler for a while, but I wasn't a doucher or acting like I wanted to be trashy. People and their trucks, something I don't get.. unless they have a lifted Toyota or Nissan.. then i approve because those people aren't total assdouches.
Foto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #38
tuckdaddy
Because Racecar

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Function>form

If form hinders functionality it's utterly useless.
tuckdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tuckdaddy For This Useful Post:
whataboutbob (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #39
snapspinner

Drives: BRZ
I actually like lifted trucks and pretty much anything modded. There are douche's in every hobby. It's not the trucks fault it's the person acting like a tool. I try to take people as they act and not judge before hand.
M-17 (12-28-2012), RavenFR-S (01-01-2013), whataboutbob (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #40
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Yeah, sorry you have to deal with hicks. Our main problem over in NY are wanna be jersey Shore females speeding and talking on their phones.
IntotheOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #41
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Also whenever I do see a lifted truck I always feel sorry for the guy and think 'Aww he has a small peepee'
Because the power you lack in the bedroom you need to make up for on the road! Haha just my thought process
And we are talking about obnoxious lifted trucks here.
IntotheOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #42
monkie

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
Also whenever I do see a lifted truck I always feel sorry for the guy and think 'Aww he has a small peepee'
Because the power you lack in the bedroom you need to make up for on the road! Haha just my thought process
And we are talking about obnoxious lifted trucks here.
Name:  download.jpg
Views: 12648
Size:  59.0 KB
Attached Images

monkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkie For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (12-28-2012), meWant (12-30-2012)