follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Old 09-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
|Rev|

Drives: 2010 STI (for now)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2010 OBP STI Hatch

Hello,

Never thought I'd be doing this but here it goes.

Up for sale is my 2010 STI Hatch in black. 31000 miles and in amazing condition. Located in Northern Colorado

Some background: I bought this car from a private party in November of last year and have loved it every step of the way. The car was protuned from MAC at the time, which seemed to be fine until I went to convert the car to E85 and run a blouch DOM 1.5xtr. While on the Dyno it became apparent that the car wasn't making the power it should when it should, and it gave me some funky boost curves. Sure enough, a compression test brought back #2 cylinder at 60psi. I stopped driving the car immediately and had it towed to Suba Performance (awesome shop) where I had a new EJ257 made with forged internals (specs below). The car went into the shop with 25k miles on it to get the new bottom end, the heads were (and still are) in perfect shape, so we left those alone. I went a head and had the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, bearings and cogs all replaced at that time. I got the car back a month or so later and did a very soft break in period recommended by Suba performance before I had it tuned by Harvey at the Boostcreep. Car stayed below 4k RPM's and was never at a constant speed for 3k miles, 1k mile oil changes for the first 3k, and the car did amazing on the dyno, no issues, no oil consumption. Runs better than OEM and I love having that peace of mind that the engine can now take way more power than I'm throwing at it with this setup.

I'm selling the car because I want to get a BRZ. I love the STI and the power, but I want something smaller and cheaper, I'd like to have 2 vehicles and with the STI that's not feasible for me at this time. Here are some specs and mods laid out, please don't hesitate to come to me with any questions.

Car:
2010 STI Hatch OBP (Obsidian Black Pearl)
Mileage : 31000
Factory Options:
Auto dimming rear view mirror w/ homelink
Premium Sound w/ under seat sub woofer
All the other stuff the STI comes with :P

Mods
Power: 372/360 @21psi
Built EJ257
- New OEM Subaru EJ257 Block
- New OEM Subaru STI Nitride Treated Crankshaft
- CP Pistons (99.5mm Bore / 9.0:1 Compression)
- Eagle Connecting Rods
- ACL Main Bearings
- ACL Rod Bearings
- CP Piston Rings
-(I have the receipt for engine build with all parts shown and critical measurements and clearances shown as well, can provide a copy with sale)
COBB Accessport V3
Blouch Dominator 1.5XTR 8cm hotside 2.4" inlet
Cobb SF Intake w/ Box
Perrin v2 Turbo inlet
Grimmspeed EBCS
Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
Walboro 250lph fuel pump
Harman Motive turbo-back (w/ high flow cat)
PTP Lava turbo blanket

Drivetrain, Suspension, wheels & Tires
Enkei NT03+m 17x9.5 +38 wrapped in 255/40/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE11 (amazing tires!)
Stock suspension!
Aftermarket short throw shifter (another done by previous owner, think it's kartboy?)
Miscellaneous bushings (hate to say it but it was done by the previous owner, I don't know which ones he did exactly)

Exterior:
DARK window tint, probably 5%
Clear Bra on the front 1/4 of hood and fenders. Side mirrors, and just in front of the rear wheel wells
Sport grille, + Brand new OEM Grill (uninstalled)
Black tail-light overlays (I don't like them, so they may come off before I sell if it takes too long)
Recently Detailed professionally (8/18/2013)
Grimmspeed license plate relocation plate
Badges removed (all but the subaru logo and sti logo)
Rally Armor UR Mudflaps (black w/ red logo)

Interior:
AEM digital Gauges in A-Pillar pod: Tru Boost (NOT used for boost control), Wideband A/F, Oil Pressure
WC Lathewerkz Titanium shift knob and I-Drive cover

PROS: Car runs better than any 3 of my previous Subarus, absolutely great. Brand new motor done by Suba Performance, these guys do amazing work and have been doing it for a long time. E85 Tune by Harvey at the BoostCreep car makes solid power at very safe boost and no aggressive timing (21psi). Boost select DOES work on this car, S mode is a 16psi boost map, and S Sharp is a 21 psi boost map. Boost select is so freaking convenient, drive around on the safer 16 psi tune and 21 psi is just a turn of the nob away for those long on-ramps. The timing belt and all parts associated with the timing belt install were replaced at 25k miles, that gives you an extra 25k miles on top of the 100k maintenance (easily over 1200 in work and parts for a timing belt job). I keep my cars very clean inside and out, NEVER smoked in. You are getting a car that can safely take more power than it's making. Suba told me the block can handle 450 whp daily, right now it's at 374 and it's a blast, definitely room to turn the boost up and work for more hp. Many more, if you have questions just ask. I have the stock exhaust, and interior a-pillar panel as well as the gaskets that were replaced.

CONS: I freaking hate drama, so I'm going to be upfront with EVERYTHING I know about the car. Carfax shows a minor fender bender (previous owner) the only panel that looks like it's been repainted is the front bumper, and judging by the few things I had to fix with how it was installed I'd say it was a brand new OEM piece. Clear Bra on the front of the car doesn't look great, think it was put on by a noob or it's poor quality (I was planning to take it off after winter anyways, I hate clear bras). AEM Boost gauge has been giving me fits since I disconnected the AEM boost control when the motor was built, was planning on removing the gauges entirely since the new accessport can display all the data you need.

Asking price $34,000 as is. If you want it stock we can talk about prices closer to the KBB value, but I'd rather not part out.
Only trade I'm in for is a BRZ + cash
I do not NEED to sell the car but I do want to, so I'm in no rush. I'm not willing to part out at this time unless it's a trade for OEM GR BBS wheels for the Enkei's.

Sugarmill by Pyle.DirtyUp, on Flickr

Profile by Pyle.DirtyUp, on Flickr

Shiney by Pyle.DirtyUp, on Flickr

Hippie... by Pyle.DirtyUp, on Flickr

Engine Bay -2 by Pyle.DirtyUp, on Flickr

Last edited by |Rev|; 09-09-2013 at 01:54 AM.
|Rev| is offline   Reply With Quote