follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal


User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, undefindedt

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #11733
Kaotic Lazagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Whiteout FR-S Monogram
Location: Lathrop, CA
Posts: 3,068
Thanks: 1,458
Thanked 1,324 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I might be late to this, but @BigFatFlip

https://jalopnik.com/why-so-many-for...out-1820280550
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #11734
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat
 
BigFatFlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Location: Sack of Potatoes
Posts: 4,428
Thanks: 2,629
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,973 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Ya, unfortunately, I've been well aware of this along with every other RS owner. The article actually summarizes the issue pretty well, this thing has been going around since late last year and most of this year. Seems to be more prevalent than the DI failure on the 86 from what I can gather, but like the article says, it's hard to gauge.

I'm trying not to let it dampen my enjoyment of the car, but it's always lingering on the back of my mind.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #11735
Kaotic Lazagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Whiteout FR-S Monogram
Location: Lathrop, CA
Posts: 3,068
Thanks: 1,458
Thanked 1,324 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Ya, unfortunately, I've been well aware of this along with every other RS owner. The article actually summarizes the issue pretty well, this thing has been going around since late last year and most of this year. Seems to be more prevalent than the DI failure on the 86 from what I can gather, but like the article says, it's hard to gauge.

I'm trying not to let it dampen my enjoyment of the car, but it's always lingering on the back of my mind.
Your last statement is very true. Hopefully Ford does some type of recall so you can fully enjoy it without a subconscious worry.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #11736
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat
 
BigFatFlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Location: Sack of Potatoes
Posts: 4,428
Thanks: 2,629
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,973 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Your last statement is very true. Hopefully Ford does some type of recall so you can fully enjoy it without a subconscious worry.
Ya, sucks that I'm modified too, but I'm hopeful that I won't get outright denied since there have been a bunch of tuned/modified cars with the head gasket/cracked block problem that were able to get the fix.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #11737
Kaotic Lazagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Whiteout FR-S Monogram
Location: Lathrop, CA
Posts: 3,068
Thanks: 1,458
Thanked 1,324 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Ya, sucks that I'm modified too, but I'm hopeful that I won't get outright denied since there have been a bunch of tuned/modified cars with the head gasket/cracked block problem that were able to get the fix.
Yeah, hopefully not. My coworker's friend blew his while on a track, so it's probably going to suck for him. His wasn't stock either.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #11738
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat
 
BigFatFlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Location: Sack of Potatoes
Posts: 4,428
Thanks: 2,629
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,973 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Yeah, hopefully not. My coworker's friend blew his while on a track, so it's probably going to suck for him. His wasn't stock either.
...I've got a track day tmrw...
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #11739
Kaotic Lazagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Whiteout FR-S Monogram
Location: Lathrop, CA
Posts: 3,068
Thanks: 1,458
Thanked 1,324 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
...I've got a track day tmrw...


I guess just keep positive thoughts tomorrow. Haha
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #11740
spike021
Senior Member
 
spike021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,149
Thanks: 5,318
Thanked 2,190 Times in 1,254 Posts
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
...I've got a track day tmrw...
you doing the BMW CCA or whatever track day? My coworker is going to thunderhill tomorrow with his M2 lol
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #11741
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat
 
BigFatFlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Location: Sack of Potatoes
Posts: 4,428
Thanks: 2,629
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,973 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
you doing the BMW CCA or whatever track day? My coworker is going to thunderhill tomorrow with his M2 lol
Nah, Sonoma w/ Speed SF along with all Norcal86cup folks
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
spike021 (11-10-2017), tintumz22 (11-10-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #11742
FirstWinter
Shining Wolf
 
FirstWinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2015 Steel FRS 6MT
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 651
Thanks: 374
Thanked 419 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The new ZR1 looks pretty amazing. I'm okay with the Viper being discontinued with this beast around.
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:23 AM   #11743
akahenry
Senior Member
 
akahenry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '18 STi
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 834
Thanks: 1,315
Thanked 201 Times in 155 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick Question: How long did everyone wait to receive their Personalized Vanity Plates? I placed an order for mine on May 15th, and I still have yet to receive any sort of notice from the DMV. Is there a way to check the status of the plate online?
akahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #11744
spike021
Senior Member
 
spike021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,149
Thanks: 5,318
Thanked 2,190 Times in 1,254 Posts
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akahenry View Post
Quick Question: How long did everyone wait to receive their Personalized Vanity Plates? I placed an order for mine on May 15th, and I still have yet to receive any sort of notice from the DMV. Is there a way to check the status of the plate online?
It’s currently taking about 3.5-4.5 months. So you probably should’ve by now. I’d call the dmv and ask.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #11745
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat
 
BigFatFlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Location: Sack of Potatoes
Posts: 4,428
Thanks: 2,629
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,973 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstWinter View Post
I'm okay with the Viper being discontinued with this beast around.
Sure, it looks like a total beast (I like the new hood much better than the transparent one, always thought it was a little tacky), but 8-spd auto tho? why?
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #11746
FirstWinter
Shining Wolf
 
FirstWinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2015 Steel FRS 6MT
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 651
Thanks: 374
Thanked 419 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Sure, it looks like a total beast (I like the new hood much better than the transparent one, always thought it was a little tacky), but 8-spd auto tho? why?
Think it holds the power better than their DCT can? Possibly cost savings but that doesn't make much sense for a car like this. Regardless I would get the manual if I had the money.
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Chat* Vancouver FR-S/BRZ Members Mumbo Jumbo Thread peazs CANADA 1397 06-28-2019 12:17 PM
NorCal (Bay Area) AutoX Thread! BlaineWasHere Northern California 1399 02-08-2019 02:27 PM
Mid-Atlantic Chat Thread clevrname Mid-Atlantic 5296 08-25-2016 01:30 PM
FS: Five Axis Five:AD Aero Kit w/ Rear spoiler Whiteout - NorCal Bay Area firebert Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.) 13 01-09-2013 12:07 AM
NorCal Bay Area ecutek tuning AsphaltLover Southern California 0 11-11-2012 01:38 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.