follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2016, 08:17 AM   #2241
raven1231
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 8,259
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,666 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thanks for sharing @Zaku! I can't wait to see both of these in person
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to raven1231 For This Useful Post:
Zaku (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #2242
darthpnoy1984
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 15 ZN6 Asphalt
Location: Carson CA
Posts: 441
Thanks: 338
Thanked 194 Times in 136 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Finally finally we get LED HID, my biggest pet peeve that the 13-16 should've had from the start not those ancient halogen projectors.
__________________
2015 ZN6 DD AT
darthpnoy1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darthpnoy1984 For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #2243
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 58,021
Thanks: 51,368
Thanked 82,457 Times in 36,943 Posts
Mentioned: 2117 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
So I couldn't sleep and was on the internet and found this.

it's not the greatest video, but none the less thank you to the person who created it and uploaded it all credit goes to him.
Since none of our usual staff was able to attend the event to get good footage.(apologies that I was unable to)

2017 US Spec Toyota 86 @ 86 fest.

2017 Toyota 86 at #86Fest - YouTube

this is probably the best view of what the US spec 2017 (Mono) 86 will be in my opinion. The only thing that I can't confirm is if the LCD screen item was added to the dash. * this is my personal educated speculation take with salt*

otherwise, we're basically getting the same car as the one shown in New York, it has the older GT seats from the old 86, but has the higher Alcantara trim pieces. No fog lights, and so far only automatic models are shown. This time however a red car is shown and no longer has prototype sticker stuck on it. I wonder if there is any other people with media of the car. The LCD screen item on the dash is my biggest interest.

Edit* confirmed No Screen in there.

anyways let's see what else we can find on this Im sure there's media of it somewhere and we'll get something soon via official items Im hoping.

curious to see how this will be priced. above or below a BRZ premium.
@Tcoat @raven1231 @ichitaka05

So pretty much the monospec they said they would release for 2017 except with Toyota badges. Probably would have been exactly the same car even if still badged as Scion. My guess is they will keep the price down for this one to soften the blow when the tricked out 18s with more trim levels come out. With the disappearance of Pure Price there is the possibility that they may raise the MRRSP a bit so that they can "lower" it when bargaining.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-11-2016), Zaku (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #2244
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-
 
Zaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,153
Thanks: 2,719
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
So pretty much the monospec they said they would release for 2017 except with Toyota badges. Probably would have been exactly the same car even if still badged as Scion. My guess is they will keep the price down for this one to soften the blow when the tricked out 18s with more trim levels come out. With the disappearance of Pure Price there is the possibility that they may raise the MRRSP a bit so that they can "lower" it when bargaining.
Yeah you're point on, I was hoping that Toyota would just do a GT trim for the whole world and just compete on the Limited Trim. But I guess they wanted to stick to the original strategy with something that's like a Premium and Under a Limited(basically just another FRS in the USA). At this point the 86 is just alittle more Lux than the Brz premium, probably in different seats, and trim pieces etc. Other wise it would be exactly the same, willing to bet it's within 1000$ margin of eachother. Maybe we'll see some sort of edition car next year with better stuff. Till then in my educated opinion, I think this Gen of 86 may not be successful as the FRS. But the BRZ will likely be steady with it's offerings.

btw

more recent stuff from Japan




Second two vids has lots of talking but you can see the new 86 Run around
__________________

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-11-2016), xuimod (08-18-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #2245
leapoffaith_initial-d_frs
Member
 
leapoffaith_initial-d_frs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: Scion frs raven black
Location: maryland
Posts: 41
Thanks: 80
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
https://youtu.be/lgjnBFFHdQo

https://youtu.be/nFqj35y9XG8

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk
leapoffaith_initial-d_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #2246
FX86
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: on the wrongside of the road
Location: rear floor mats
Posts: 2,240
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,015 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
and yet still people will complain about how awfully slow this car is
FX86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:58 AM   #2247
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 58,021
Thanks: 51,368
Thanked 82,457 Times in 36,943 Posts
Mentioned: 2117 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
@Zaku (Won't let me quote)
"Yeah you're point on, I was hoping that Toyota would just do a GT trim for the whole world and just compete on the Limited Trim. But I guess they wanted to stick to the original strategy with something that's like a Premium and Under a Limited(basically just another FRS in the USA). At this point the 86 is just alittle more Lux than the Brz premium, probably in different seats, and trim pieces etc. Other wise it would be exactly the same, willing to bet it's within 1000$ margin of eachother. Maybe we'll see some sort of edition car next year with better stuff. Till then in my educated opinion, I think this Gen of 86 may not be successful as the FRS. But the BRZ will likely be steady with it's offerings."

The more tidbits of info we get the more I am convinced that the death of Scion was (contrary to usual industry standards) swift and unplanned. This left a group scrambling to make the changes that had to be done at the very last minute.


In my head I picture a Board of Directors meeting something like:


"Well then it is agreed we are done with scion?"
"Yes, but what do we do with the plans for the 2017 models?"
"Oh just slap some Toyota badges on them and go with what we planned. We can come up with something else for next year"
"Oh ok"


Although many North Americans seem to think otherwise, Scion was a microscopic division of Toyota's worldwide operations and the FRS was just a tiny portion of Scion. As lucrative as the North American market may be they need to buy some time to decide and plan what they are going to do. This transitional version of the 86 buys them that time. I would think we should see some much nicer trim levels next year. Now of course their official statement back when they announced Scion's demise was "we will be considering more levels in the future" so maybe even 18 is optimistic. Only time and official press releases will tell.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-11-2016), leapoffaith_initial-d_frs (08-11-2016), URACK (08-12-2016), Zaku (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #2248
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-
 
Zaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,153
Thanks: 2,719
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
@Zaku (Won't let me quote)
"Yeah you're point on, I was hoping that Toyota would just do a GT trim for the whole world and just compete on the Limited Trim. But I guess they wanted to stick to the original strategy with something that's like a Premium and Under a Limited(basically just another FRS in the USA). At this point the 86 is just alittle more Lux than the Brz premium, probably in different seats, and trim pieces etc. Other wise it would be exactly the same, willing to bet it's within 1000$ margin of eachother. Maybe we'll see some sort of edition car next year with better stuff. Till then in my educated opinion, I think this Gen of 86 may not be successful as the FRS. But the BRZ will likely be steady with it's offerings."

The more tidbits of info we get the more I am convinced that the death of Scion was (contrary to usual industry standards) swift and unplanned. This left a group scrambling to make the changes that had to be done at the very last minute.


In my head I picture a Board of Directors meeting something like:


"Well then it is agreed we are done with scion?"
"Yes, but what do we do with the plans for the 2017 models?"
"Oh just slap some Toyota badges on them and go with what we planned. We can come up with something else for next year"
"Oh ok"


Although many North Americans seem to think otherwise, Scion was a microscopic division of Toyota's worldwide operations and the FRS was just a tiny portion of Scion. As lucrative as the North American market may be they need to buy some time to decide and plan what they are going to do. This transitional version of the 86 buys them that time. I would think we should see some much nicer trim levels next year. Now of course their official statement back when they announced Scion's demise was "we will be considering more levels in the future" so maybe even 18 is optimistic. Only time and official press releases will tell.
Yup, In the meantime if you don't feel like waiting. You can always go get a Subaru BRZ and be just as happy IMHO

Also new pics after some blog searches



__________________

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (08-11-2016), raven1231 (08-11-2016), URACK (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #2249
Shinigami301
Slow driver, fast biker.
 
Shinigami301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: '16 86, '00 Celica GTS, Sportbikes
Location: Usually in a 峠
Posts: 349
Thanks: 35
Thanked 301 Times in 167 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Every time I see the front end of the new model, I am more revolted.
Shinigami301 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinigami301 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-11-2016), Tcoat (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #2250
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 58,021
Thanks: 51,368
Thanked 82,457 Times in 36,943 Posts
Mentioned: 2117 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Yup, In the meantime if you don't feel like waiting. You can always go get a Subaru BRZ and be just as happy IMHO

Also new pics after some blog searches


We will see what the future brings but at this point in time, if nothing changes by 2020 when it is time for me to change cars, if I stay with this platform, then my next one will be a BRZ. Now, I will have to get it wrapped in a decent colour and trade somebody for the pre facelift tails but I do like that front bumper way better.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #2251
Boomerang
86
 
Boomerang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 2,749
Thanks: 2,591
Thanked 3,635 Times in 1,713 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
We will see what the future brings but at this point in time, if nothing changes by 2020 when it is time for me to change cars, if I stay with this platform, then my next one will be a BRZ. Now, I will have to get it wrapped in a decent colour and trade somebody for the pre facelift tails but I do like that front bumper way better.
And if you don't stay with this platform, what would be your next?
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:11 AM   #2252
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-
 
Zaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,153
Thanks: 2,719
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
We will see what the future brings but at this point in time, if nothing changes by 2020 when it is time for me to change cars, if I stay with this platform, then my next one will be a BRZ. Now, I will have to get it wrapped in a decent colour and trade somebody for the pre facelift tails but I do like that front bumper way better.
Same here, I'm going to wait it out alittle to see the pricing. If not I might just grab a BRZ instead.
__________________

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #2253
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 58,021
Thanks: 51,368
Thanked 82,457 Times in 36,943 Posts
Mentioned: 2117 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
And if you don't stay with this platform, what would be your next?
I do not know. There could be loads of options in 2020. Or there could be none.
I am a bit of the odd man out here since I never followed nor lusted after an 86. I read about the development back in 2010 or so and then promptly forgot all about it until I almost literally tripped over mine when killing time in a Toyota dealership while waiting for my Lancer to be serviced next door. I bought the car and then came here and franticly started to research before I picked it up and signed a week later.
From 1997 to 2012 I was a die hard Mitsu fan so never considered anything else but when they pulled a fast one on Canadians with the 2012 Lancer GT models and dropped anything else that was not and econobox sedan, SUV or micro hatch I started looking for a replacement. I looked at Zes, Focuses, Darts, WRX/STis, Cameros, Challengers, Porsches and Genesis coupes trying to find what I wanted to replace that POS Lancer GT wannabe. I had pretty much settled on the Genesis when I happened to see a tC and decided to take a look which lead to the FRS.
Sooooo, what will I get in 2020? Not clue at this point but you can bet I have learned a whole pile about different options since being on here.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (08-11-2016), xuimod (08-18-2016), Zaku (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:40 AM   #2254
Boomerang
86
 
Boomerang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 2,749
Thanks: 2,591
Thanked 3,635 Times in 1,713 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I do not know. There could be loads of options in 2020. Or there could be none.
I am a bit of the odd man out here since I never followed nor lusted after an 86. I read about the development back in 2010 or so and then promptly forgot all about it until I almost literally tripped over mine when killing time in a Toyota dealership while waiting for my Lancer to be serviced next door. I bought the car and then came here and franticly started to research before I picked it up and signed a week later.
From 1997 to 2012 I was a die hard Mitsu fan so never considered anything else but when they pulled a fast one on Canadians with the 2012 Lancer GT models and dropped anything else that was not and econobox sedan, SUV or micro hatch I started looking for a replacement. I looked at Zes, Focuses, Darts, WRX/STis, Cameros, Challengers, Porsches and Genesis coupes trying to find what I wanted to replace that POS Lancer GT wannabe. I had pretty much settled on the Genesis when I happened to see a tC and decided to take a look which lead to the FRS.
Sooooo, what will I get in 2020? Not clue at this point but you can bet I have learned a whole pile about different options since being on here.
Yeah, bit of a crystal ball question I know but 2020 may be a good year for;
1. Cheap R35's?
2. New Supra's?
3. New ?????

Can't wait
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
buttons everywhere, damn daniel, i hate it, i love it, much opinion, mustache ride, rosted zaku by soa, so change, very tryhard

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 = more power alan.chalkley Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 62 07-08-2016 07:24 AM
2017 Toyota 86: The car so nice it's been rebadged twice dazob Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 10 02-04-2016 06:12 PM
Styling cues Suberman Subaru BRZ General Forum 22 11-04-2013 11:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.