follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #43
kuhlka

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited AT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopherboy6956 View Post
Anyone successfully get a Recaro Performance Ride in their BRZ/FRS (rear facing?)?
Amazon.com: Recaro Performance Ride Convertible Car Seats, Charcoal with Red Piping: Baby
It looks like that's what's in the second picture of this thread. There are pics of convertible seats fitting as well, so I assume it'll fit. I might need one next year.
kuhlka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #44
GTHachiRoku
Big in Japan

Drives: turBRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
It does fit, but there are better, smaller alternatives. I have a small Britax that I keep in my car just because it is smaller and gives the little one more leg room.
GTHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #45
brzr

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
we were able to fit britax marathon, and roundabout no problem.....but those two seats had to go as they were in an accident, and i got two radian r100

here's the thread with photos at the very end
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=40042&page=3
i have diono seat covers underneath because of installed leather seats, but nothing to keep the dirt off of the front seats from their shoes.......it just gets wiped off
brzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #46
FI>NA

Drives: e92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I plan on buying this car and I am looking for a rear facing infant seats that fit. This will not be the main family car but will be used on occasion. Anyone have pics of the combi coccoro installed?
FI>NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #47
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI>NA View Post
I plan on buying this car and I am looking for a rear facing infant seats that fit. This will not be the main family car but will be used on occasion. Anyone have pics of the combi coccoro installed?
I don't have a picture, but most infant seats are around the same size, so it should fit. Believe it or not, what I would suggest is taking the mounting base to your dealership and seeing if it fits in the car. I had a Baby Trend seat and the base fit snugly in the bucket of the seat.

Btw, if you are purchasing this car this soon after the baby was born, either your wife is very understanding or you are an excellent salesman. Either way, good for you. You may want to look up Jalopnik's article "FR-S--will it baby?" to prepare yourself for when you switch to a convertible seat. I can tell you from experience, it is doable, but you need to be a little bendy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #48
Kids Heart

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1 for the Diono Radian RXT for my 3 year old behind the passenger seat. The wife and I are expecting in 7 months so I need ideas for an infant carrier that will fit without sacrificing too much front leg and lean room
Kids Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #49
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids Heart View Post
+1 for the Diono Radian RXT for my 3 year old behind the passenger seat. The wife and I are expecting in 7 months so I need ideas for an infant carrier that will fit without sacrificing too much front leg and lean room
Buy another car unless your 3 yr old can fit behind you. Personally, I wouldn't subject a pregnant passenger to sitting infront of even a front-facing seat, muchless a non-pregnant passenger in front of a rear-facing infant seat. As much as I love the BRZ, I would trade mine in with a quickness if I could only afford one car and had another baby on the way.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #50
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Quote:
Sounds like you're getting a new WRX! Rear seat room is impressive in the new 2015 model. Much improved over previous model.

A rear facing infant seat takes up all the space available on the passenger side - that front seat will be all the way forward and pretty much unusable. If, and that's a HUGE if, if you could fit your 3yr old behind your seat, then you stand the possibility of you taking the two kids in one car as long as your wife isn't traveling with you, but it's gonna be tight. I know I'm 5'10" and there's zero space for any person behind me. Maybe a small dog at best.

The WRX has good back seat space for two kids and two adults in front. Trunk space should hold a stroller. You'll be all set. The car will be faster and handle all weather conditions - it just won't be a rwd BRZ. Plan to order one in time to get it well before the due date. Try to sell the BRZ private party for best resale. You'll take a depreciation hit but there's little way around that.

Option 2 is the little way around that: keep the BRZ and buy a used family car. Something safe and reliable but not too expensive. American sedans from 8-10 years ago fall into the acceptable category. $3-4k should get you rolling. Keep the BRZ for when you're not ferrying the whole family around.

That's what I did when I had a Miata - I drove it daily when my kid was born until age 3. He never rode in it though. When I had to pick him up, I stopped home first and got my other car. As a family we'd take my wife's sedan everywhere. I sold the Miata for the BRZ bc it could still pull kid duty. You might not need a second car if you have access to your wife's car - assuming she has one and that it will hold all 4 of you. Otherwise you'll probably only need to squeeze 2 kids in the back of your BRZ on occasion.

I still think the new WRX would be a better long term solution however.

Congrats and good luck!
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ashtray For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (10-03-2014)
Old 10-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #51
Kids Heart

Another car is out of the question. We already have a family car but the BRZ will serve for dropping the kids off at daycare and school in the morning or quick trips. I need the smallest profile carrier not advice about a new car.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #52
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Quote:
Another car is out of the question. We already have a family car but the BRZ will serve for dropping the kids off at daycare and school in the morning or quick trips. I need the smallest profile carrier not advice about a new car.
The average baby at birth is what, about 20" long? Even the smallest of car seats that would only fit a newborn rear facing would be 30" in depth. Do you have 30" between the driver's seat back and the back seat? Now remember that kids grow. If your 3yr old doesn't fit behind your seat, then a second kid of yours won't when they turn 3. So in any situation, you're looking at replacing your BRZ in less than 3 years.

If another vehicle isn't in the cards, then selling the BRZ will have to be. Again, unless you are short enough to fit a kid behind your seat - be it age 3 or 6. (Rear facing infant seats take up much more space than an older kid in a booster.) Some people on this forum ARE short enough to fit someone behind them. If you're not one of those people however, you have to realize you have the wrong car for your very important needs.

As a possible way to keep the BRZ close, assuming your wife has a sedan or vehicle with decent space in back, who ever is ferrying the kids that day takes the sedan while the other person takes the BRZ. If you each need to take a kid, you're all set as the BRZ will fit one kid fine in the rear passenger side.

If this isn't a solution, then no amount of magic tiny baby seats will help you long term (ie more than a month!). The baby will grow. Your 3yr old will grow. Best solution is to have a car that will support your family's needs for the foreseeable future. Trading the BRZ for a new WRX buys you 7-10 years of time (at which point vehicle mileage, not space, might determine need for a replacement). The WRX will still be fun and sporty and will do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. If you don't want a WRX, get a new/used Mazda 6 or whatever - I don't care. Just suggested the WRX as a way to still drive a performance vehicle.

Btw, one of the most compact infant seat on the market I can find is the Combi Coccoro - but it's not a carry/base setup.

http://www.combiusa.com/mobile/Produ...oductCode=8220
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ashtray For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (10-05-2014)
Old 10-05-2014, 01:32 AM   #53
Kids Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
The average baby at birth is what, about 20" long? Even the smallest of car seats that would only fit a newborn rear facing would be 30" in depth. Do you have 30" between the driver's seat back and the back seat? Now remember that kids grow. If your 3yr old doesn't fit behind your seat, then a second kid of yours won't when they turn 3. So in any situation, you're looking at replacing your BRZ in less than 3 years.

If another vehicle isn't in the cards, then selling the BRZ will have to be. Again, unless you are short enough to fit a kid behind your seat - be it age 3 or 6. (Rear facing infant seats take up much more space than an older kid in a booster.) Some people on this forum ARE short enough to fit someone behind them. If you're not one of those people however, you have to realize you have the wrong car for your very important needs.

As a possible way to keep the BRZ close, assuming your wife has a sedan or vehicle with decent space in back, who ever is ferrying the kids that day takes the sedan while the other person takes the BRZ. If you each need to take a kid, you're all set as the BRZ will fit one kid fine in the rear passenger side.

If this isn't a solution, then no amount of magic tiny baby seats will help you long term (ie more than a month!). The baby will grow. Your 3yr old will grow. Best solution is to have a car that will support your family's needs for the foreseeable future. Trading the BRZ for a new WRX buys you 7-10 years of time (at which point vehicle mileage, not space, might determine need for a replacement). The WRX will still be fun and sporty and will do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. If you don't want a WRX, get a new/used Mazda 6 or whatever - I don't care. Just suggested the WRX as a way to still drive a performance vehicle.

Btw, one of the most compact infant seat on the market I can find is the Combi Coccoro - but it's not a carry/base setup.

http://www.combiusa.com/mobile/Produ...oductCode=8220
My 3 year will fit behind me but I prefer to have him in sight for now. He hates the wife's "boring" Corolla and fights to ride in daddy's car. I really just needed advice from people who already made this work, not someone trying to sell me a wrx.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kids Heart For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (10-05-2014)
Old 10-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #54
s0sl0w
Proud of Boxer

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
My 3 year will fit behind me but I prefer to have him in sight for now. He hates the wife's "boring" Corolla and fights to ride in daddy's car. I really just needed advice from people who already made this work, not someone trying to sell me a wrx.
My 3 year old, now 4 rode/rides in my BRZ all the time. I just got a car seat from toys r' us, was about $200 IRRC. no bigs

I'm actually trying to find a rear facing seat that I can use for my imminently arriving newborn.
s0sl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #55
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
The average baby at birth is what, about 20" long? Even the smallest of car seats that would only fit a newborn rear facing would be 30" in depth. Do you have 30" between the driver's seat back and the back seat? Now remember that kids grow. If your 3yr old doesn't fit behind your seat, then a second kid of yours won't when they turn 3. So in any situation, you're looking at replacing your BRZ in less than 3 years....
Just a quick question... Do you have/have you had any kids?

EDIT: Been a while, so I forgot that ashtray is the OP. My bad, but still, you came down pretty hard on the guy for asking a simple question.
Quote:
It has priests in it?

Last edited by HunterGreene; 10-06-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #56
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0sl0w View Post
My 3 year old, now 4 rode/rides in my BRZ all the time. I just got a car seat from toys r' us, was about $200 IRRC. no bigs

I'm actually trying to find a rear facing seat that I can use for my imminently arriving newborn.
Baby trend has treated me well. Infant seat base fits snugly in the back seat bucket.
Quote:
It has priests in it?
The Following User Says Thank You to HunterGreene For This Useful Post:
s0sl0w (10-05-2014)