follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
EvoXSwimmer

Drives: '14 Evo X (SOLD) / '16 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rear clunking noise when driving

Hey guys,

Last week I had a set of swift springs installed on a 2014 BRZ and am now beginning to notice that when driving there is a clunking noise only on the rear driver side. This sound does not happen when going over bumps or dips, just on flat surfaces. Also, it only happens when driving at normal speed and begin to stop (i.e does not happen when driving slowly out of the garage, into a parking space, etc)

Any ideas what it could be? thanks

INSTAGRAM: @parkersin
EvoXSwimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
SportInjected

Drives: for the sake of driving
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Couple of things you can check: torque on top hat bolts and sway bar end-link bolts. Did you allow the strut shaft spin during removal/install? Did you torque down the lower strut bolts with the car in the air, or on the ground?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:45 AM   #3
cpnslow

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (WRB)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I've got a really similar issue with my BRZ, it's at the dealership for the issue as we speak. I started the thread below:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63651

cpnslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
EvoXSwimmer

Drives: '14 Evo X (SOLD) / '16 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportInjected View Post
Couple of things you can check: torque on top hat bolts and sway bar end-link bolts. Did you allow the strut shaft spin during removal/install? Did you torque down the lower strut bolts with the car in the air, or on the ground?
I actually took it in to a shop to have them do it. I contacted them about the issue and am waiting for their reply, don't want to do much on my own without having them take a look at it first

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnslow View Post
I've got a really similar issue with my BRZ, it's at the dealership for the issue as we speak. I started the thread below:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63651
The sound I am hearing isn't exactly like yours but seems to be coming from the same area of the car. didn't notice the sound when I was on stock suspension though

INSTAGRAM: @parkersin
EvoXSwimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
JoeC

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXSwimmer View Post
Hey guys,

Last week I had a set of swift springs installed on a 2014 BRZ and am now beginning to notice that when driving there is a clunking noise only on the rear driver side. This sound does not happen when going over bumps or dips, just on flat surfaces. Also, it only happens when driving at normal speed and begin to stop (i.e does not happen when driving slowly out of the garage, into a parking space, etc)

Any ideas what it could be? thanks
Did you ever get this resolved? Seems like I have a similar issue after RCE Yellow install\alignment
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote