follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2011, 01:22 AM   #197
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You don't need 4-pot Brembo's on a 2600lbs car with only 200hp.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:24 AM   #198
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
I agree who cares what type of stock rims come on the car...we all r gonna get better aftermarket rims. Rims are not as expensive like the use to be.

What you want as standard on this car is:
HIDS
LED taillights (check)
LSD (check)
Push button start (check)
Nice brakes

But lets hope the stock brakes are brembos or at least something that is at least 4 piston caliper from and 2 piston caliper rear...

Since we don't see a wing as stock...it might come with a auto deploying wing. They put one as standard on the new MINI Roadster....so Toyota could do it here...
Well... ... wouldn't that just add to the weight?
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #199
ryridesmotox

Drives: 2010 Chevy Cobalt SS, 59 Ford F100
screw an auto deploying wing... Like Jeremy Clarkson says... when the wing is up the cops know you are going x-mph... hmm unless it came with a contraption to flip the license plate around so when the cop caught up you could remain anonymous as you sped away through the twisties... just a though lol

I'll take Brembos all day long baby, love em on my cobalt. I swear I could make my car do a front flip if I wanted to lol.
Treadstone Performance Stage 3 kit: CAI, Charge Pipes, TR8 intercooler, Maf Relocate, 52MM Turbosmart BOV, 3 inch catless downpipe, 3 inch catback, borla XR1 muffler, Exedy Hypersingle, TWM short throw shifter, 24PSI HPtuned by Terminator2 on E85/91
ryridesmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #200
Infernal
NO FI?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: BMW e92 330D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral_Eyes View Post
Isn't that just unequal length headers vs equal length?
I'm hoping i can get UEL headers from a subaru to fit - need to see about the dimensions though first - i know they are a performance loss a lot of the time too - i like the sound though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
The gt3rs is sold in the US with a roll cage like that.
I know - i was just showing a car which had it that was a bit more realistic to the common man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryridesmotox View Post
I'll take Brembos all day long baby, love em on my cobalt. I swear I could make my car do a front flip if I wanted to lol.
It's more the "brand name" im interested in on the car, as shallow as that sounds, and im sure it is with a few others.

being able to say that your car has: Brembo's, Ohlins, BBS/Enkei, Akrapovic titanium and recaro's withh always increase your e-peen size
Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #201
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryridesmotox View Post
If the article is in fact based in truth (which I whilst hold my breath upon-ith) the R will get a clutched style diff like the M3, STI, etc etc, a Torsen will most likely be installed in the entry level, like I said... if the article is true, which is highly skeptical indeed since the official release is fairly close and they aren't selling magazines on fact, just on the emotional connection that we already have with the car and the desire for it to be everything we dream of.
But wait, Torsen = mechanical LSD and clutch-type = mechanical LSD, right? I don't see Toyota equipping it with a clutch-type LSD. Can you name any Toyota that came with one from the factory? I see them leaving that for the aftermarket (e.g. their aftermarket arm TRD has sold a clutch-type LSD but only in Japan where they also sold cat-less exhausts unintended for road use, etc. and never sold in the US).
Old 11-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #202
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
I'm hoping i can get UEL headers from a subaru to fit - need to see about the dimensions though first - i know they are a performance loss a lot of the time too - i like the sound though
There isn't going to be enough room under the car for EJ headers. The few shots we have seen of the headers on this car it looks like they are a much more "flat" design than they have been before.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz review, fr-s review, fr-s reviews, ft-86 reviews, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, subaru brz review, subaru brz reviews, toyota ft-86 review, toyota ft-86 reviews, toyota ft86 review