follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 03-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
wrxneffect

Drives: 13 BRZ Ltd 6MT(sold), 03 WRX (RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thumbs down -0.5 for RaceComp Engineering

TLDR: I got shipped the wrong parts, communication was sub-par and took too long to remedy the situation.

This is obviously only my personal experience with RaceComp Engineering. I have no doubt that their springs rock and I think my experience with them is just an anomaly and not the norm but given my experience with them I will not buy their parts again.

I ordered the BRZ Lite suspension package they offer on Jan 29, 2014. This includes their RaceComp Engineering Yellows, the whiteline rear camber adjustment bushings, and OEM crash bolts. The total for this was $409 before taxes and shipping.

Everything was fine until I received the package. They had mistakenly sent me their tarmac springs and not the yellows. I was disappointed but it wasn't the end of the world. I called up RCE and informed them what I received. I was informed that they didn't have any yellows currently in stock that they could send me before my scheduled installation date. I told them that I would cancel my install date as I wanted the yellows. I was informed that they would update me at the end of the week I had called for an update.

The end of the week came and I hadn't received an update. The following Monday I called them up again and I was informed that the person that said he would get back to me had left on a trip. I was upset as he had promised to contact me and he did not even let me know that he would be leaving on a trip and he would contact me when he got back.

I asked the new person that I was talking to that I wanted to get the springs and informed her how I was supposed to hear back and that I haven't heard anything. She apologized as said that she would be able to get me the springs that I had originally paid for. In order to do that she asked me to box up the springs I currently had along with the Whiteline bushing kit and OEM crash bolts. She sent me a return label and I sent them back.

I received the correct package of yellows but never received the whiteline bushings. When I emailed her back she said that they had already been shipped. I told her that I had shipped the bushings back per her instructions. I then informed her that I wanted to be refunded the cost of the bushings and the oem crash bolts since I didn't want to deal with RaceComp Engineering anymore.

I got an email from Myles stating that he would refund me $110 as the Yellows where $299 ($409-$299 = $110). When I looked up at the prices for just the bushings themselves they list them as $149, not $110. If he gave me the refund on their list price for the bushings it would have made the springs $259.10. I'm not totally upset at this as there is a discount to be had when ordering the kit so he went with what he thought was best. Maybe the profit margin on the springs is not very much so he can't discount it that way.

I haven't installed the springs yet and I'm sure that they will be awesome but I don't plan on doing business with RaceComp Engineering in the future for any parts due to my personal bad customer experience with them.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
sshole
Banned

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow that's a crappy situation.

I've had a great experience with RCE in the past. I bought RCE yellow springs for the 2004 STI to install on my 2005 WRX (with 2004 STI pink struts), but I didn't buy the springs from a vendor. I got them off of a NASIOCer who never got around to installing them. So, brand new springs purchased off the person who originally ordered them through an authorized vendor. Sounds complicated. Here's where it actually gets complicated: the RCE yellow springs I bought were the V1 springs with coil-bind. RCE issued a "V2" for their front springs that got rid of the coil-bind and were sending these out free of charge to original purchasers of the RCE yellows. I contacted Myles and although he knew that mine were not purchased through him or a vendor, he still sent out the V2 front springs free of charge.

And this is why I now have RCE yellow springs on my BRZ.
sshole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sshole For This Useful Post:
wrxneffect (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
That sucks. I had a preorder with them and cancelled it. No issues doing so (unlike some other vendors on here).

They seem like stand up guys. I would have asked them to ship the whiteline bushings over.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
wrxneffect (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
wrxneffect

Drives: 13 BRZ Ltd 6MT(sold), 03 WRX (RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
That sucks. I had a preorder with them and cancelled it. No issues doing so (unlike some other vendors on here).

They seem like stand up guys. I would have asked them to ship the whiteline bushings over.
I was thinking of asking them to ship over the whiteline bushings again but what prevented me from doing that is their employee telling me that I had already received the bushings, the original order, even though her email instructions to me said to ship them back the bushings which I did. At that point I was tired of dealing with their customer service and just wanted my money back so I could buy the bushings from a local vendor.

I'm sure they are stand-up guys however my personal experience with them was too frustrating on my end.