follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #29
hfcman

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnik View Post
Im in town and would like to check it out if possible. thanks
It has left charlesglen, i think its going to south pointe next, then heninger. Not 100% sure, please call the dealership before you go.

Btw, for those who lives in calgary, i would suggest Andrew from charlesglen, from the 2 times i saw him, he is an fr-s enthusiast, and he seems to know more than just a regular car salesman.
hfcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #30
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Calgary blue frs has been crashed, Henninger and everyone else from today onward is waiting 2-3 weeks for the next unit.

I was able to drive it first, and it was excellent - my kid fit behind good enough.

I posted a thread in main FRS section with my kid seat pictures.

Last edited by Khyron686; 05-04-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
Calgary blue frs has been crashed, Henninger and everyone else from today onward is waiting 2-3 weeks for the next unit.

I was able to drive it first, and it was excellent - my kid fit behind good enough.
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #32
Jehuty77

Drives: AE86
LOL.... really....
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
Calgary blue frs has been crashed
Brutal. I mean, I figure it has to happen at some point... But to an FR-S/BRZ?

I would laugh my ass off if it was because somebody turned off traction and stability. Do you know how bad it is? I'm sure even cosmetic damage would prevent them from wanting from seeing it / test driving, etc.
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,204 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WAHHHTT??

The one time i go deep into this thread to learn that theres an FRS in the city, and some idiot has to go crash it.....

They better make a racetrack here in the city somewhere...i'd want to take this thing out to it.
I mean as nice has having to drive somehwere else would be, you just dont get to enjoy it unless you're with other people, and a local racetrack would save lots of time and travel expenses.

Im actually glad the got rid of Race City, that track was a huge pile.....
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #35
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
Brutal. I mean, I figure it has to happen at some point... But to an FR-S/BRZ?

I would laugh my ass off if it was because somebody turned off traction and stability. Do you know how bad it is? I'm sure even cosmetic damage would prevent them from wanting from seeing it / test driving, etc.
I didn't see it but my sales guy said they hit the front corner, wrecking the suspension, then banged the rear - which has at least wheel damage if not axle.

I've fixed the same sort of hit on an old supra and it's expensive as hell to get it back to the point where it's perfect alignment.

If they can get parts, it's a week to be fixed, but the part supply is obviously not up and running yet.

I can almost guarantee the TC/SC was off - the Sales guy didn't go with them (assuming the 3 guys I saw were the last group)
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #36
hfcman

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow, i cant believe someone ruined it.
hfcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #37
FR-S_2013

Drives: 2004 Toyota corolla
Just heard from Sherwood park toyota they will not have the car tomorrow for viewing and test drives. Thanks Calgary
FR-S_2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #38
Duff_man

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Scion reprensentative made a surprise visit in Quebec city today with a SMOKIN' hot ultramarine FR-S, got a very nice chance to get in the car, look around everything. I was the only customer with a bunch of vendors and mecanics and the scion representative. The scion guy gave me permission to drive around the parking lot (can't go on streets because of the accident that happend last week...) The car is absolutely amazing! It's all it took to convince me to buy my FR-S. Now all I have left to do is wait a few weeks until mine gets here! (currently @ docks in BC) I.Can't.Wait! OMFG!
Duff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #39
QC-FRS

Drives: FRS/Rav4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_man View Post
Scion reprensentative made a surprise visit in Quebec city today with a SMOKIN' hot ultramarine FR-S, got a very nice chance to get in the car, look around everything. I was the only customer with a bunch of vendors and mecanics and the scion representative. The scion guy gave me permission to drive around the parking lot (can't go on streets because of the accident that happend last week...) The car is absolutely amazing! It's all it took to convince me to buy my FR-S. Now all I have left to do is wait a few weeks until mine gets here! (currently @ docks in BC) I.Can't.Wait! OMFG!
Nice! Cant wait to see that in my area! Vivement end of may !
QC-FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #40
Aznek

Drives: 2013 White Scion FRS
Test drove the car today and this thing is tiny! I love it. I've never driven a car so driver focused before, it felt like I was wearing the car.
Aznek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #41
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_man View Post
Glad you had a chance to drive it - but that "can't drive b/c of accident" line you were fed is BS - we were driving another in Toronto this weekend. (Of course we had pre-ordered but it sounds like you did as well, and anyways that has nothing to do with the accident.)
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #42
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznek View Post
Test drove the car today and this thing is tiny! I love it. I've never driven a car so driver focused before, it felt like I was wearing the car.
Try driving a vintage Porsche, a vintage Fiat 124, hell a vintage anything in the sports car world, the FR-S will feel more like a mini-tank lol... a very capable and rock solid one, true.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote