follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 03-17-2015, 10:37 AM   #309
Sideways&Smiling

Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any of you guys play Assetto Corsa? We should get some sim racing going.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #310
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
These game companies own some of you. Last fps i bought was bfbc2. Twas boring. I think fps just keep getting worse and worse, what with the rankings and levels and bs. It is supposed to be fun, not work. There is no balance when more experienced players get better gear. I'm also not seeing any innovation. If you want that, look at Red Eclipse. I can only think of two innovative fps since tribes 1: Shadowrun and Red Eclipse.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #311
Jesse36m3

Drives: JDL Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
There is no balance when more experienced players get better gear..

This is a problem I had starting out on bf3/4. I'd be in a match with people lvl 100+ and I'd be sitting on my starter gun with no attachments. It's just a big grind session, I really don't like it unless I'm playing with a few of my buddies and we're in the same squad.
Jesse36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #312
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
These game companies own some of you. Last fps i bought was bfbc2. Twas boring. I think fps just keep getting worse and worse, what with the rankings and levels and bs. It is supposed to be fun, not work. There is no balance when more experienced players get better gear. I'm also not seeing any innovation. If you want that, look at Red Eclipse. I can only think of two innovative fps since tribes 1: Shadowrun and Red Eclipse.
Man who pissed in your Cheerios? There's plenty of game genres that haven't had serious innovation in years, but just because they're not reinventing the field with groundbreaking innovations doesn't mean its all garbage from "me too" moneygrubbing developers. Sure there's a LOT of garbage out there, but there's some great games. The thing I like (even though I don't play COD or BF anymore) is the levels give you goals to work toward. Every time you play you can make progress, almost like a MMO. Personally I don't like the COD formula, release the same game each year, make minor tweaks and slap on a slightly different samestory, resell at full price. BUT, it's an extremely popular title that a LOT of people love to play. So I say let them play.

Everyone finds a genre they like the most, and everyone finds one or two iconic titles that really stood out to them, that left some impression or impact that they will use to compare every game that comes after. Other people will have different experiences but that doesn't mean they're wrong.

edit- The first FPS game that left the biggest impact on me was the original Descent. Then Quake. Do I compare every game now against them? A little, but I also try to take each game for what it is on its own merits. Helps keep me from being a blind hater.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (03-17-2015), DAEMANO (04-13-2015), Teseo (03-17-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #313
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Garage
The game companies pissed in my Cheerios with their terrible games. Most of the industry's passion is gone. The last game I got excited about, Wasteland 2, is a huge disappointment.

I like leveling in an RPG because there's a plot to go with it, and because I'm playing against the computer, but leveling in a FPS defeats the purpose of the game. It should be about skills and tactics, not who puts in more hours of grinding. I recognized grinding as crap back when I played Everquest, and even before then when I played Diablo - once. I can't imagine enjoying grinding, whether it involves an RPG or an FPS.

Basically, the major companies have turned games into operant conditioning torture sessions. No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Man who pissed in your Cheerios? There's plenty of game genres that haven't had serious innovation in years, but just because they're not reinventing the field with groundbreaking innovations doesn't mean its all garbage from "me too" moneygrubbing developers. Sure there's a LOT of garbage out there, but there's some great games. The thing I like (even though I don't play COD or BF anymore) is the levels give you goals to work toward. Every time you play you can make progress, almost like a MMO. Personally I don't like the COD formula, release the same game each year, make minor tweaks and slap on a slightly different samestory, resell at full price. BUT, it's an extremely popular title that a LOT of people love to play. So I say let them play.

Everyone finds a genre they like the most, and everyone finds one or two iconic titles that really stood out to them, that left some impression or impact that they will use to compare every game that comes after. Other people will have different experiences but that doesn't mean they're wrong.

edit- The first FPS game that left the biggest impact on me was the original Descent. Then Quake. Do I compare every game now against them? A little, but I also try to take each game for what it is on its own merits. Helps keep me from being a blind hater.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:10 PM   #314
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
Any of you guys play Assetto Corsa? We should get some sim racing going.
I thought about buying it but with Project Cars coming out soon, I'd rather play that instead (pending hearing about the final physics). Assetto Corsa just doesn't have the number of cars or tracks for the amount of money they charge. I'd buy if they weren't going to charge for every car pack going forward.

And on a side note I just built my first PC in January, not as amazing as @Jesse36m3 's work of art haha. I've been playing Dragon Age 1 and 2 on it so far. Will probably buy Project Cars for it as well.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #315
Driven85

Drives: 2015 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysoNgwaNg View Post
Anyone on Heroes of the Storm?
Hey sir I am Driven85#1330

Shoot me a friend invite.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Driven85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Driven85 For This Useful Post:
tysoNgwaNg (03-20-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #316
Sideways&Smiling

Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
I thought about buying it but with Project Cars coming out soon, I'd rather play that instead (pending hearing about the final physics). Assetto Corsa just doesn't have the number of cars or tracks for the amount of money they charge. I'd buy if they weren't going to charge for every car pack going forward.

And on a side note I just built my first PC in January, not as amazing as @Jesse36m3 's work of art haha. I've been playing Dragon Age 1 and 2 on it so far. Will probably buy Project Cars for it as well.
Get Assetto. You'll change your mind after you play it. I've played both, and Assetto just offers a higher level of realism... ESPECIALLY in the new Nurburgring track and cars they offered in the Dream pack. Project Cars is cool... It's comparable to Forza, but totally different... maybe a little better tire model than Forza, but it runs like crap. Assetto is really well optimized and runs perfectly on my pc, and I built it like 3 or 3.5 years ago.

Assetto just feels better than any sim I've ever played, honestly. It's very difficult, but very rewarding.

EDIT: I payed full price for Assetto and preordered the dream pack for $10 (I think it's $15 now)..... no regrets whatsoever. Totally worth it.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:07 AM   #317
e-d.

Drives: Scion FR-S 13
league of legends and cs:go here
e-d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #318
Cop

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-d. View Post
league of legends and cs:go here
Same, although I haven't been playing League as much the last couple of months.
Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #319
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
Get Assetto. You'll change your mind after you play it. I've played both, and Assetto just offers a higher level of realism... ESPECIALLY in the new Nurburgring track and cars they offered in the Dream pack. Project Cars is cool... It's comparable to Forza, but totally different... maybe a little better tire model than Forza, but it runs like crap. Assetto is really well optimized and runs perfectly on my pc, and I built it like 3 or 3.5 years ago.

Assetto just feels better than any sim I've ever played, honestly. It's very difficult, but very rewarding.

EDIT: I payed full price for Assetto and preordered the dream pack for $10 (I think it's $15 now)..... no regrets whatsoever. Totally worth it.
I may potentially buy it sometime soon-ish. Right now with Bloodborne on the horizon I'm sure to burn many a day playing that. It certainly seems like Assetto has the better physics of the two, from what I've heard. Probably one reason Project Cars has been delayed so many times is to straighten out their physics (I saw a couple previews say sometimes it was a little sketchy).
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:39 AM   #320
tysoNgwaNg
awesome.

Drives: 1994 Toyota Celica, 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven85 View Post
Hey sir I am Driven85#1330

Shoot me a friend invite.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'll add you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tysoNgwaNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #321
Terran

Drives: Raven FR-S 6MT
I'm just excited and waiting for Black Desert :[
Old 04-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #322
Jesse36m3

Drives: JDL Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Anybody else into sim racing? I just picked up a G27, should be at the house when I get home today. So excited to set it up. I plan on getting Assetto Corsa first, then project cars.
Jesse36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080