follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2019, 11:47 PM   #71
MaverickMonk

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
LOL. I can deal with the Miata looks and Miata people. I just can't deal with the Miata interior discomfort. Fiat has the tiny car fun nailed, though, with the 500e. Not the Fiata.
Oh they tend to be nice, down to earth people, without pretentiousness. I just... donít want that to be me. Maybe thatís what Iím trying to prove, that my life isnít completely ruled by budget tracker and internal accounting team

I need to get over it though. The NA Miata really is the only proper answer for me as a second car, as much as I donít like them.
MaverickMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:52 AM   #72
Buteo

Drives: Jeep 75th, Porsche GT3RS, BRZ tS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
I'd love to see some laps, as I plan on heading out that way this year!

Lets use a few examples on the opposite extremes.

Do you think with equalized tires, you can lap HPR similarly in a supercharged 86?

Alternatively, I think you'd agree with me that while it's much heavier, a ZL1 1LE will easily lap faster than a GT4 around pretty much any racetrack, at a lower price point!

Ultimately, it comes down to the 718 GT4 is significantly heavier than the outgoing model, which is light relative to its competition, but not exceptionally light. It's a great "kinda does it all" car, but really, is undeserving of the Porsche GT designation. To me, the parts bin nature of the 981 was a great selling point, particularly the engine; they're proven, mature parts that won't fail under use.

On the plus side, I'm curious as to how useful the factory alignment range will be on the 718.
Absolutely. Any day at the track is a good day.

Hard to say about a supercharged twin. I believe it would be pretty close given equal tires. Quite possibly the nod the twin.

ZL1 is one of the best bang for the buck cars out there. Z06 as well. No doubt they are on the top of the scale for performance per dollar.

Parts bin for sure, but that enabled a 86k base and under 100k you could dip your feet into porsche GT. - essentially a 991.1 GT3 front clip with brakes and suspension. Although the rear wasn’t the multi spoke like the Gt3. The 3.8 From the Carrera S. Carbon buckets from the 918.

At the time less than the price of lightly optioned base Carrera.

Last edited by Buteo; 06-21-2019 at 01:07 AM.
Buteo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buteo For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 12:55 AM   #73
Buteo

Drives: Jeep 75th, Porsche GT3RS, BRZ tS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Threadjack: Mike, Buteo lives a few blocks from me. Maybe if you come out next month you should spend an extra day or two and meet us for beers. I bet Abe would join us, too.
sounds good to me!
Buteo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buteo For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (06-21-2019)