follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2019, 04:41 AM   #1
Moshchnost

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will it look good or a bit excessive

I recently bought a pandem v3 widebody kit and I plan on buying forgestar f14 sdcs. Problem is, I won't be running air suspension so I will need a taller ride height since I'll be using coilovers. I'm thinking i want to buy 19 inch wheels but I'm not sure if itll look excessive. I've seen people do it on the v1 and it looks good but the v3 looks like it sits best when low. Should I buy 18s and sit high and have some gap between the wheel and fenders or close it up with a 19 inch wheel? Any pics would help me make this decision.
Moshchnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:41 AM   #2
tyler_win_photo

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
You've also got to consider tire profile. In my opinion, 18s with a fat/meaty profile look the best.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:57 AM   #3
15limited

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshchnost View Post
I recently bought a pandem v3 widebody kit and I plan on buying forgestar f14 sdcs. Problem is, I won't be running air suspension so I will need a taller ride height since I'll be using coilovers. I'm thinking i want to buy 19 inch wheels but I'm not sure if itll look excessive. I've seen people do it on the v1 and it looks good but the v3 looks like it sits best when low. Should I buy 18s and sit high and have some gap between the wheel and fenders or close it up with a 19 inch wheel? Any pics would help me make this decision.
If all you care about is appearance, definatly go with something different and wild like 19s.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
15limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshchnost View Post
Daily driver or show car? Do you plan to get air suspension in the future? Depends on your goals for the car. Also consider the tires sizes. Go big or go home with the 19s lol good luck
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:43 AM   #5
Moshchnost

It is a daily. I ended up buying forgestar m14 10x18 -21/11x18 -35. I do plan on running air suspension one day but in the mean time, I'm am settling for the megan racing rs series coil overs. It will be somewhat of a daily. I am buying another car soon and this car will mainly be driven to shows or when I just feel like driving it. Thick tires is a good look and is the one I'll be using... for now . Sorry for the late response. Didn't get an email notification that someone replied to the thread.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #6
GrantedTaken
Banned

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It will look like another car has been butchered by a clown
GrantedTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:08 PM   #7
Moshchnost

Just an update. The widebody is a week out from delivery. I tried doing a test fit but my wheel studs were too short. The wheels look sick if I do say so myself. This is what the progress looks like so far. My gf and I have a trip to Disney and we will be cutting when we get back for the widebody. A lot of pictures to come.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #8
Moshchnost

Still trying to figure out how to resize my pictures so I can upload them
Attached Images