follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
And as a reminder when you order, make sure you specify the mounting press studs. Mine arrived without and when I queried, was told I did not specify or request them. DOH!!!
Ryan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
ph0en1xtk

Drives: Raven MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
ordered mine from subaruonlineparts.com and received it today. The package there comes with the hardware needed to attach it to the trunk, and im very happy with the way it turned out. Its such a small item, but it adds a little more of a finished look to the trunk area.
ph0en1xtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #17
EBMCS03

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Can we buy the same material from a fabric store and cut it? Buy some pins from the parts department for a few bucks.
EBMCS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #18
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMCS03 View Post
Can we buy the same material from a fabric store and cut it? Buy some pins from the parts department for a few bucks.
Sort of. Go to the link in my post ^above^. It's not really material it's 99.9% plastic with a fuzzy side. You could pretty easily buy trunk liner material and connectors from an autoparts store and make one though. The holes are already in the trunk, so you trace, cut, punch, done.

I believe someone did a DIY for it actually.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
PNW FRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
At the time that was still cheaper than I could get it locally. You results may vary.

The biggest problem with shipping is the size. You can't roll it up without putting creases in it so you have to ship it relatively flat or slightly curved. Takes a big box. The box weighed more than the mat did.
My local Sub dealer can order this kit... takes a week to get in. $67 plus tax... so it comes in a couple of dollars lower than the subaruparts.com price... not sure if subparts.com would charge sales tax in addition to the s/h... (probably not..).

This will definitely clean up the view toward the rear when the back seat upright is flipped down.
PNW FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #20
PNW FRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW FRS View Post
My local Sub dealer can order this kit... takes a week to get in. $67 plus tax... so it comes in a couple of dollars lower than the subaruparts.com price... not sure if subparts.com would charge sales tax in addition to the s/h... (probably not..).

This will definitely clean up the view toward the rear when the back seat upright is flipped down.
Follow-up: Liner arrived today... and... NO mounting plugs! So... another $10 ($1.50 x 7) and a few more days of waiting.

For others interested in this... ordering through subarupartsonline -- with their kit which seems to include the mounting plugs... ends up being about the same price as buying from a dealer -- when you factor in the shipping costs of approx. $21.

NOTE: The dealer's parts catalog doesn't even show that the mounting plugs are to used to attach this piece... so IF you order from the dealer, their Parts Dept. may not be aware of the need. (The guy behind the counter here didn't realize based on the illustration.. so didn't think that ordering them was necessary -- i.e., that they would be included).

01/24: Mounting plugs came in... 3 minutes and volia... installed. Nice to not have to see the inside of the trunk lid.

Last edited by PNW FRS; 01-24-2013 at 03:48 PM.
PNW FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #21
russv
First 86

Drives: Scion FRS Argento Automatic
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW FRS View Post
Follow-up: Liner arrived today... and... NO mounting plugs! So... another $10 ($1.50 x 7) and a few more days of waiting.

For others interested in this... ordering through subarupartsonline -- with their kit which seems to include the mounting plugs... ends up being about the same price as buying from a dealer -- when you factor in the shipping costs of approx. $21.

NOTE: The dealer's parts catalog doesn't even show that the mounting plugs are to used to attach this piece... so IF you order from the dealer, their Parts Dept. may not be aware of the need. (The guy behind the counter here didn't realize based on the illustration.. so didn't think that ordering them was necessary -- i.e., that they would be included).
Send subaruonlineparts an email or call. They sent me the plugs but was short one. They sent the one to me for free.

Life is short...NO BORING CARS
russv is offline   Reply With Quote