follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 04-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #2297
FR-S Matt
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I'd love to do audio in my car but I am broke after all the suspension and Five AD kit I am still waiting to get installed. I've always been partial to Infinity, and JBL speakers. Hell if Klipsch made car speakers I would be all over those.
FR-S Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #2298
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
I've spent more on audio than other upgrades just don't talk about it because no one is interested. Sometime I would like to get a 2nd opinion on my audio to see if I am just picky or what when I have complaints. Of course it did wonders for my opinion when I had to swap back to stock for a week... Then I really appreciated the upgrades.

Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk
Audio+ is what I was interested in, so I'd really like to sit in your car and check it out sometime.
Jyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #2299
FR-S Matt
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
Audio+ is what I was interested in, so I'd really like to sit in your car and check it out sometime.
That's the same system I was considering too because it clears my rear strut bar in my trunk as well.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #2300
MysteryMachine

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ, 2002 Bugeye OBS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
@Alexm_09 @Jyn @FR-S Matt ( @trevorovert you live just down the street from me so we can connect any time)

I would love to do a @oemaudioplus demo for everyone curious in Austin. It'd be better at a smaller meet than a cars and coffee but we can do it at cars and coffee if that's the desire. I started a project with travel every week (leave on Monday, return Friday night) so I haven't gone to Cars and Coffee since January as I've been treasuring my weekends, and sleeping in, when I'm back in Austin.

A key to these demo's is bringing songs you know and love on CD (not streaming Bluetooth or plugged in via the Aux jack). OEMAudioPlus gave me a demo CD but I can't seem to find it but I still think its better with your own CD. If someone has CDs with frequency sweeps I can bring a sound meter - all my frequency sweeps are on DVD for home theater.

I won't go full into my thoughts on the OEM Audio+ sound quality because its somewhat subjective so its better if you hear for yourself. Is it better than stock? Absolutely no question. Is it well made? very much so - high quality connectors, speakers, and a beautiful sub box if you get the painted version - all of which "plug and play" with stock. The only non-reversible thing you do to stock is cutting a hole in one spot in the carpet in the trunk to run wires. Does OEMAudio+ as a company have good customer service? Yes, they were very helpful and extremely responsive.

Last edited by MysteryMachine; 04-01-2014 at 03:15 PM.
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysteryMachine For This Useful Post:
86-tundra (04-01-2014), Alexm_09 (04-01-2014), FR-S Matt (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #2301
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
@Alexm_09 @Jyn @FR-S Matt ( @trevorovert you live just down the street from me so we can connect any time)

I would love to do a @oemaudioplus demo for everyone curious in Austin. It'd be better at a smaller meet than a cars and coffee but we can do it at cars and coffee if that's the desire. I started a project with travel every week (leave on Monday, return Friday night) so I haven't gone to Cars and Coffee since January as I've been treasuring my weekends, and sleeping in, when I'm back in Austin.

A key to these demo's is bringing songs you know and love on CD (not streaming Bluetooth or plugged in via the Aux jack). OEMAudioPlus gave me a demo CD but I can't seem to find it but I still think its better with your own CD. If someone has CDs with frequency sweeps I can bring a sound meter - all my frequency sweeps are on DVD for home theater.

I won't go full into my thoughts on the OEM Audio+ sound quality because its somewhat subjective so its better if you hear for yourself. Is it better than stock? Absolutely no question. Is it well made? very much so - high quality connectors, speakers, and a beautiful sub box if you get the painted version - all of which "plug and play" with stock. The only non-reversible thing you do to stock is cutting a hole in one spot in the carpet in the trunk to run wires. Does OEMAudio+ as a company have good customer service? Yes, they were very helpful and extremely responsive.
I'm game whenever you are. I lost all my CDs from when I used to enter sound competitions. Actually, I've lost most of my CDs. I think all I have is a Justin Timberlake I got from Black Friday and some live CDs of an orchestra performance I went to
Jyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #2302
ktstanley

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Ltd.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
To the red FRS (invidia exhaust and SSR wheels) that I saw today in my Grey BRZ, thanks for the invite to Harris Hill! Does anybody have any details about when the next meetup may be?
ktstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #2303
Yellow13

Drives: 2013 6MT Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Woooo I finally got under my car and found the source of my rattle. Turns out it was not an exhaust leak at all, even though I did check all my gaskets, but rather some freaking non-structural tabs that ARK seems to use when doing the main welds on the resonator.

Seems they just uses weak welds on these things and both tabs had a weld break on one side, so the damn things were rattling at certain RPMs.

Crazy. IDK. Just wanted to throw some info out there for anyone with ARK cat-back exhausts. Those little thin plates on the resonator may snap off

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
That's the same system I was considering too because it clears my rear strut bar in my trunk as well.
Yeah this is also why I was looking at the OEM Audio+ kit. Clears that rear strut. Plus I can have the housing painted. IDK. It seems like an all around amazing package deal... but I would probably buy the OFT300 kit from OpenFlash before I do that
Old 04-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #2304
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Drives: fr-s, tundra
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
So, I spent the last 5 hours working on mounting an amp from the bottom of the rear deck. I got a good solution, worked great with no creaks while driving or anything.

Except I didn't like how it looked.

Took me another hour to take it out. Working under the rear deck is a serious pain. I would not recommend trying to mount an amp up in the space under the rear deck. there just isn't enough space, and I was basically forcing it to work.

Decided to temporarily mount the amp on top of the sub until I fiberglass a sub. Will mount amp on the fiberglass.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:25 PM   #2305
FR-S Matt
Banned

Garage
Looks like I'll be joining the Five AD owners this Saturday...
Old 04-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #2306
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
So I thought I would be smart and clean my intake filter before setting off on a road trip tomorrow.... what would be the best way for me to facilitate the drying of an oiled air filter so that I can go ahead and oil up the filter and put it back in? I have it sitting on a wash cloth on my patio as the air outside seems drier than the air in my apartment, but I am weary of letting dust settle into it...

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:18 AM   #2307
DTS

Drives: PBP 2014 STi Hatch; 2013 Crosstrek;
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
! Good Night Everyone !

Focals + Infinity is a good combination that I went with in my Tacoma. Having those clear crisp highs with some nice punchy lows was something of a treat to listen to each time I drove to work + I never had a sub-woofer and it did not matter with those speakers.

Are you gt86 people meeting up anytime soon
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:18 AM   #2308
Yellow13

Drives: 2013 6MT Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
Looks like I'll be joining the Five AD owners this Saturday...
This needs an explanation lol
Old 04-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #2309
FR-S Matt
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow13 View Post
This needs an explanation lol
Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #2310
Scottemad123

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
well weather looks iffy this weekend, but the parents are in town for my 30th (ugh) so probably take my dad out to the special cars and coffee to go oogle some of the cars. Hoping he gets to see a 2002tii since he had one when he was my age. Potentially see some of you out there.
Scottemad123 is offline   Reply With Quote