follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #169
Juanito08

Drives: Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone taken it to the dealer with an after market Pulley??? If so did they say anything? ?
Juanito08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #170
Brimford

Drives: Whiteout / MT FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just got a message from the dealer, apparently the part is on back order and they don't know when they will get it....
Brimford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #171
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimford View Post
Just got a message from the dealer, apparently the part is on back order and they don't know when they will get it....
Now... Where have we heard this before?...

I bet every dealership will say this when a FR-S (BRZ) shows up...

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #172
soconfoozed

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT WR Blue Pearl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Absolutely loving how Subaru are still behind on this one.

I had a CSR tell me yesterday that if a TSB is issued, of course they'll take care of the issue.

For one, that's just a completely useless thing to say. Of course it'll be taken care of. That's what a TSB is. Do you think I'm stupid? Why would you even waste the words?

For two, if. If? This wasn't a will-we-won't-we if, this was a deny-reality-until-we're-good-and-ready if. In other words, they still aren't officially acknowledging the hirp--I mean, chirp. Gosh, I always seem to get that one wrong...

How the hell are you so far behind Scion, guys? I could have spent less money, gotten substantially the same car, AND gotten better customer service out of the deal? Doubleyou tee eff, over. You should be embarrassed. This isn't even their car, it's yours. Have some damn pride and act like it for crying out loud. If I were Subaru, it would be my mission to outdo Scion on anything related to this car.

The car is defective until this is fixed.

Edit: I know D4S and the HPFP in particular are Toyota, but that doesn't mean I would sit around waiting for somebody else to fix the problem, and I SURE as hell wouldn't on top of that lag behind in pushing out the fix. That's just a huge disservice to your customers.

Last edited by soconfoozed; 10-02-2012 at 09:08 PM.
soconfoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #173
uspspro

Drives: DGM BRZ, MR-S 3.5L V6 swap (sold)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Perhaps the new pumps are not really fixing the problem, and Subaru is waiting until the solution is verified.

It's easy to assume they are screwing up, but they could just be acting more cautiously.

I swear I read somewhere on here that someone had the HPFP replaced, and it chirped again after a couple hundred miles...
uspspro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uspspro For This Useful Post:
fistpoint (10-03-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #174
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uspspro View Post
It's easy to assume they are screwing up, but they could just be acting more cautiously.
And agitating a ton of customers. Not really cautious in the medium-term.
I was eyeing a new STI after it comes out. Yeah, F-it now.
Speaking of which, where's that damn J.D.Power survey form that I got some time ago...
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #175
uspspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgerbc View Post
And agitating a ton of customers. Not really cautious in the medium-term.
I was eyeing a new STI after it comes out. Yeah, F-it now.
Speaking of which, where's that damn J.D.Power survey form that I got some time ago...
Yeah but what would suck more.... Making customers listen to chirping for a while longer and getting the fix right, or having customers bring their cars in, have stuff replaced, then their cars chirp again. The later would make the company look even worse. They would be spending money and resources while looking out-of-control and confused at the same time.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #176
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uspspro View Post
Yeah but what would suck more.... Making customers listen to chirping for a while longer and getting the fix right, or having customers bring their cars in, have stuff replaced, then their cars chirp again. The later would make the company look even worse. They would be spending money and resources while looking out-of-control and confused at the same time.
Not making customers listen to the chirp while working on a real fix and then changing to proper hpfp pro-actively before it starts chirping again.
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #177
HuntingtonFRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in White
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Id like to see some MPG numbers on those that have had it replaced. ANy changes?
HuntingtonFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #178
soconfoozed

Quote:
Not making customers listen to the chirp while working on a real fix and then changing to proper hpfp pro-actively before it starts chirping again.
At least somebody gets it.

And the solution to the issue GP notes is simple honesty: we acknowledge your issue and there isn't a fix yet, but you got x miles before the issue manifested on the old parts, so we offer to replace your already-chirping HPFP WITH the old part and give you possibly-x-but-possibly-less-or-possibly-more cricket-free miles until the official fix is in place.

How hard is that? Sure, they're eating the cost of parts in this case, but if the parts are bad, then they should be dispositioned as scrap anyway. In this way, the scrapped parts may be a "cost" in that they can't really be used, but they can buy goodwill. How's that for lemonade from lemons? Why hasn't some marketing a-hole figured this out?

THIS is the heads up play here, not just chirping (cough) along with your head in the sand, disrespecting your customers.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #179
Jeong

Drives: pet dragon
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
im picking up my fr-s this weekend. apparently its being shipped over. dont know if this was asked but you think this issue would be fixed on my car?
Jeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #180
soconfoozed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeong View Post
im picking up my fr-s this weekend. apparently its being shipped over. dont know if this was asked but you think this issue would be fixed on my car?
There's no sense in worrying your car is busted. Nobody here can give you an answer. Drive it, enjoy it, and if it breaks, take it in and get somebody's attention.
HunterGreene (10-03-2012), Jeong (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #181
Spartan65
USMC Veteran Semper Fi

Drives: 2010 WR Blue STi
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
My car went in today, I had a case number I created with SOA, So when I get my car back I will review it here on this thread, They gave me a Pumpkin Orange Prius C to drive til it's finished. Jennifer from Beaver Toyota left me a message that it should be ready by four on the third. I have a request in to talk to the North American Region Technical representative. Beaver has mentioned that I am a FT86 Club member and I participate in the forums on a daily basis. Even if this does not fix the Cricket farm, I am happy they are making an effort. I have a list of issues I will publish that I created on Google Docs. There are 11 Critical and 21 Long Term. I have decided to keep this list private till Scion contacts me before I create a thread and get the forum to review it for accuracy and viability. I understand I bought a first year car, I accept the car is mine, and I reserve the right to be a customer looking for my issues to be recognized and realized. I reserve the right to publish my issues in a public forum unless SOA decides to go to arbitration or settlement.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #182
uspspro

Quote:
I mean I get it, but it sounds like the number of miles before the chirping starts varies wildly.

I am just imagining a customer taking their car in, have a whole day of down time (and disrupting his/her schedule) and having the damn thing chirp the next day. That customer would feel pretty shitty about the whole thing.

Maybe I have a slightly different mindset, but I don't want anyone touching my car (except me) unless I am geting a 100% fix under warranty (and I'm not allowed to fix it myself). The less any mechanics touch my car, the better.

When these companies have it figured out, AND I hear some positive results, then I will bring it down to fix the chirp.