follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 11-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #169
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
Great, Thanks for the info.
Winter conditions change the tone? Very interesting.

The only thing I'm Particularly curious about is the cold start. My neighbors may hate me as I head to work at 5:30am
Very loud. Stay in the garage as it warms up. Avoid backing up against a wall and then starting - make it much louder.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:27 PM   #170
Alberto_HTX

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
How long before that happened? I have the hooker catted fp with the J-pipe resonator
It happened less than a month after I installed it on the car. Don't know if it was the part itself or if maybe I had installed it incorrectly.
Alberto_HTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:46 PM   #171
JulioFRS

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Hey everyone so I'm completely new to the forums I do read but never have posted haha but I could possibly add on to this conversation. Iv had my corsa exhaust for about a year and ahalf now absolutely love with it but really wanted the subie rumble lol so I jumped the gun and ending up getting a JDL uel catless header and WOW! It sounds absolutely amazing in my opinion, volume wise it did get ever so slightly louder but still manageable for me to leave for work early morning and not wake up my neighbors. The rumble is nice and present in lower gears and smooths through higher. Cruising on the highway drone is almost nonexistent and can easy be drowned out my a conversation or music volume at about 15-20.
If you guys can explain a way to upload a video or sound clip I'll happily do so.
JulioFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:21 AM   #172
tehShirt

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioFRS View Post
Hey everyone so I'm completely new to the forums I do read but never have posted haha but I could possibly add on to this conversation. Iv had my corsa exhaust for about a year and ahalf now absolutely love with it but really wanted the subie rumble lol so I jumped the gun and ending up getting a JDL uel catless header and WOW! It sounds absolutely amazing in my opinion, volume wise it did get ever so slightly louder but still manageable for me to leave for work early morning and not wake up my neighbors. The rumble is nice and present in lower gears and smooths through higher. Cruising on the highway drone is almost nonexistent and can easy be drowned out my a conversation or music volume at about 15-20.
If you guys can explain a way to upload a video or sound clip I'll happily do so.

That's great to hear that the header didn't make the car too loud. I'm currently considering adding the new JDL 4-2-1 header to my car.

For videos, you need to upload the video to a site like youtube and then post the link here.
tehShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:09 PM   #173
zero_limits

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017 PP
Quote:
Welcome to the forums!

Stock everything else besides cat and uel header?

After adding the uel catless header, how drastic is the difference in sound note?
In short, do you like what you're car sounds like more now that you've added the header?

A clip would be pretty sweet. I'm sure members here, including myself would appreciate that
zero_limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:04 PM   #174
JulioFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_limits View Post
Welcome to the forums!

Stock everything else besides cat and uel header?

After adding the uel catless header, how drastic is the difference in sound note?
In short, do you like what you're car sounds like more now that you've added the header?

A clip would be pretty sweet. I'm sure members here, including myself would appreciate that

Thanks for the welcome! Even though video dose not do it justice I put a terrible video together just for the forum haha hopefully this some what helps. Sound wise it sounds like a more aggressive corsa at higher gears/rpm and at lower gears it just growls with the subie rumble! As all ways sound is a personal taste in my opinion I love the sound and it definitely stands out from the other set ups around.

Link to video:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulioFRS For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (12-01-2018), RToyo86 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #175
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,129 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I got mine installed last night after the courier fell through on delivery two days in a row.

Man what a fantastic piece of work this thing is. Hats off to corsa.
I had a certain expectation from listening to audio clips, and even so it's beyond my expectations. It is exactly how I want my daily to sound. Great under load and more importantly that it shuts up entirely when I'm cruising and stick it into sixth on the highway.

That cold start though . I've got a few looks already out running errands when the car cooled down enough to trigger the cold start.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:50 PM   #176
JulioFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
I got mine installed last night after the courier fell through on delivery two days in a row.

Man what a fantastic piece of work this thing is. Hats off to corsa.
I had a certain expectation from listening to audio clips, and even so it's beyond my expectations. It is exactly how I want my daily to sound. Great under load and more importantly that it shuts up entirely when I'm cruising and stick it into sixth on the highway.

That cold start though . I've got a few looks already out running errands when the car cooled down enough to trigger the cold start.
Did you just install the corsa? Or added headers to your corsa
Old 12-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #177
Brink

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Last night when I was leaving work I started the car up and it did the usual cold start, Corsa pumping out some nice sound. A kid passing in front of me on his bike gestured for me to rev it and was visibly disappointed when I declined.
Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #178
JulioFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Last night when I was leaving work I started the car up and it did the usual cold start, Corsa pumping out some nice sound. A kid passing in front of me on his bike gestured for me to rev it and was visibly disappointed when I declined.
Haha you always have to rev for the kids 😅
The Following User Says Thank You to JulioFRS For This Useful Post:
dhuang (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #179
RToyo86

Quote:
Did you just install the corsa? Or added headers to your corsa
Just the corsa system.

Any more would be to loud for me as a daily. A catted header is the only thing on the table, once I go out of warranty.

Edit: I am noticing while crusing at 83kmh or so (2200rpm) there is a buzzing like resonance making its way to the cabin. Has anybody else experienced this?

It goes away once I push through that RPM range.

Last edited by RToyo86; 12-23-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #180
RToyo86

I put together a quick video of a cold start, along with some revs at temperature.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PydH_ZKG_gg[/ame]
Old 12-30-2018, 08:35 PM   #181
JulioFRS

Happy new years everyone
Btw has any done a backfire tune with the corsa exhaust? ��
Old 12-31-2018, 03:53 AM   #182
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome! Even though video dose not do it justice I put a terrible video together just for the forum haha hopefully this some what helps. Sound wise it sounds like a more aggressive corsa at higher gears/rpm and at lower gears it just growls with the subie rumble! As all ways sound is a personal taste in my opinion I love the sound and it definitely stands out from the other set ups around.

Link to video:
haha that thing sounds good but your neighbors are gonna hate you for sure
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote