follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2018, 12:05 AM   #1
jeschris45

Drives: Yellow FR-S Rs 1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
P0103 (MAF code) CEL

Hi Everyone,

For the past couple of months, I have been experiencing some kind of boost/fuel cut off issue when hitting boost around 4 psi. Since the issue was never consistent, it always appeared and then went away after turning off and turning on the car. I thought it was a fuel pump issue but it looks like that my fuel rail pressure is all good, and also the car is not misfiring. Within the past month, I have experienced this twice but this time I have been getting a CEL with the p0103 code. After I clear the code, it will still hiccup a bit, but then it fixes it self until it happens again in couple of weeks. When looking at the logs my tuner had pointed out that my maf sensor was freaking out sometimes for a split second that it would 5v. I have the sbd 500x kit installed with an ecutek tune tuned for 10 psi.

Only pattern that I have been seeing so far is that this usually happens the day of or the next day, after I have been driving in heavy rain and going through rain puddles. I have opened my hood to see if there are massive water spots on the filter or in my engine bay, but could not really find anything that caught my eye. My tuner did mention it could be an electrical/wiring issue. Only aftermarket part that I have related to electrical stuff is the valeni revo tailights, and the scanguage 2 connected to the obd2 to read boost, afr etc...

I am not quite sure where to start other than probably clean the maf sensor or replace the maf sensor. I was wondering if anyone else is having the issue, or have any suggestions on what it could be. I do have two logs which I data logged when I was having the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jeschris45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
Decimus
BAE

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschris45 View Post
Hi Everyone,

For the past couple of months, I have been experiencing some kind of boost/fuel cut off issue when hitting boost around 4 psi. Since the issue was never consistent, it always appeared and then went away after turning off and turning on the car. I thought it was a fuel pump issue but it looks like that my fuel rail pressure is all good, and also the car is not misfiring. Within the past month, I have experienced this twice but this time I have been getting a CEL with the p0103 code. After I clear the code, it will still hiccup a bit, but then it fixes it self until it happens again in couple of weeks. When looking at the logs my tuner had pointed out that my maf sensor was freaking out sometimes for a split second that it would 5v. I have the sbd 500x kit installed with an ecutek tune tuned for 10 psi.

Only pattern that I have been seeing so far is that this usually happens the day of or the next day, after I have been driving in heavy rain and going through rain puddles. I have opened my hood to see if there are massive water spots on the filter or in my engine bay, but could not really find anything that caught my eye. My tuner did mention it could be an electrical/wiring issue. Only aftermarket part that I have related to electrical stuff is the valeni revo tailights, and the scanguage 2 connected to the obd2 to read boost, afr etc...

I am not quite sure where to start other than probably clean the maf sensor or replace the maf sensor. I was wondering if anyone else is having the issue, or have any suggestions on what it could be. I do have two logs which I data logged when I was having the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i had the same MAP code, my sensor went bad after a track day so I ordered another 4 bar sensor and all is better now. The old 4 bar sensor was throwing codes for high voltage and the car didn't want to accelerate past 4k rpm in any gear. The code pretty much threw the car into limp mode. The bogging was terrible once i hit 4k rpm and it jerked/lurched the car over and over again. RPM spikes 500rpm everytime and CEL turns on.

See if anyone near you can let you borrow a MAP sensor before you buy a new one.

FYI i'm on Greddy T518z turbo w/ 11psi map tuned by Delicious.
Decimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:21 PM   #3
jeschris45

Drives: Yellow FR-S Rs 1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm running the sbd 500x kit with the omni 3 map sensor it comes with. Would it make sense to do in only in the rain? I changed my air filter thinking that it was the issue, and I have a pre-filter cover on it to minimize anything if water is hitting the filter.
jeschris45 is offline   Reply With Quote