follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Pants

Drives: VW Golf GTI Edition 30
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
U.K. People

Hi,
What U.K. People do we have out there looking at this car? For me it's this or a second hand 996/997. Not sure if I wll go for Toyota or Subaru version if I do get this, it will depend when next year I am in a position go purchase, the latter half I guess.
Cheers
Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Andy

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I'm from the UK, andhell yes, I'd like this car.... though depending on what its like when it comes out I may end up getting a used GT-Four, MR2 turbo or a TT Supra and rebuilding it from the ground up!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Andy

Wow, I guess this car will be rarer than rocking horse shit! Awesome
Old 09-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
Pants

Just the two of us, hehe excellent. And there's a new Subaru dealer opening 5 miles from my house. Just loving this build up, hope it lives up to the hype. Is it worth waiting for the STI? Guess you can make some minor mods such as K&N filters etc and remap to get that little bit more out of it. I think that I will be adding some form of satnav / Bluetooth system at some point? Bet our price isn't even vaguely close to that of the US. I just hope it's same in GBP as it is in dollars.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Andy

Think I'll just get a TomTom, always refuse to buy a car with sat nav in as they are always way overpriced and crap!

yeah if its $25000 US in the States it'll be £25000+ ($40k+ US) in the UK!

I may have to see if the dealer will do a deal, like a contract that if Toyota release a turbo within say 18monthys then cost price upgrade (I can dream!)

If not I'll just do with it what I did with the ST205 GT-Four I used to own, and mod the shit out of it!
Old 09-04-2011, 03:44 AM   #6
Lordharding

Drives: Subaru WRXd & classic turbo 2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Another brit on board

Enjoying the hype

Will go for the subaru version to add to my other 2scoobie

Only worry is RWD against my AWD I'm used to as the 350z used to be redundant in the winter and snow last year
Lordharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
Andy

I have access to a 2005, Imprea WRX so I'll nab that if it snows, or may even pick up an old, used Hilux and whack some snow tyres on that (for £2k all in)

Yeah, would enjoy a 4wd turbo model, but I just can't deny a proper FR coupe is what I really want, I'm determined to get another proper 'drivers' car
Old 09-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
Pants

Greetings Milord, nice to see there is 3 of us now, almost enough to take on the infestation of highly emotive colonials on the main pages. Is it me or is the time dragging waiting for the next reveal? Snow won't be an issue I can snag an XC90 and that should be all right for some snow on the roads. Managed last year with the Edition 30 ok and that was an unprecedented 14 ". Really looking forward to this next set of pics and data as it will be interesting and highly inflammatory to some generating many rants no doubt. :happy0180:
Old 09-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
Andy

Im glad I've found people from the UK, was getting a bit suicidal with all the comments from those lovely Americans about how it needs automatic, and this and that :o

It's supposed to take from the AE86, wonder how many people have actually driven one and know what they are all about! I have, and it was the most fun I've ever had in a car, and I've driven some really exotic kit, from 400bhp rally cars, through to Hayabusa engined caterhams, porsche's and ferraris, christ I've even driven a couple of open top single seaters.. (and yes, it was a hell of a squeeze for me to fit in them!)

Though for on the road use (and playing on circuits/carparks when feeling mischievous) the AE86 was just immense!

This car from Toyota needs to get that really emotive feeling to be a real success!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
Pants

Never had the chance to drive the AE86 but all who did say the same thing. Have had a Celica GT, 2 x Cooper S and a 3.2 Audi TT Mk2 amongst others to drive and have to say the Mini`s were the best for the "Go-Kart" feel, the TT was just great to drive and really throaty to listen to, the sort of sound that just makes you grin and the Celica was my first sports car and I loved it to bits.
So i guess I`m looking forward to this to see what it brings, hopefully a collection of bits from my others. If this fails then its a TTRS or a 997, nothing else out there I like. (Need 2+2 as have 2 little ones to cart about)
Love the STi but the interior is a let down for me especially when you compare it to the performance.
Kinda sad? maybe, but you spend more time in the car than out of it and after a while little things like " they should have made this look better" will irritate me. I`m sure i read somewhere on this forum they had improved the interior of the 2012 models from Subaru, is that correct?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
ft86cbx

Drives: FT86 (Soon)
Strike another one up for the UK!

I never venture down to these sub forums
ft86cbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #12
Pants

Our numbers grow, today we take over the UK section, tomorrow the whole forum. So anyone any particular things they are looking for in this car, wants, don't wants? Or are you just sitting waiting, endlessly trawling for new information and not finding any, like me !
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #13
Leeky
3S-GTE Junky

Drives: Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205
Greeting Never noticed a UK thread before!
Leeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
Pants

Just got it started as I wanted some sanity and was curious to see what following there was in the UK as It seemed to be almost purely American and Australians bumping their gums. Good to see there are a few of us hope we see more.