follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List
chadstyle

Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
n8dog11914

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Congrats from a fellow WRB owner!
n8dog11914 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n8dog11914 For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (12-09-2012), ftc~brz (08-22-2013)
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkerr626 View Post
Please keep us posted on this, I really want to know how the short shift feels and also, the instructions online for it only show the BRZ Premium which has a different set of HVAC controls than the Limited?

Nice car and welcome!
I will be installing the short shifter sometime this week. I did notice that the instructions were for the premium and not the limited but I'm pretty sure that they both pull apart the same way. If there are any differences I'll post them in this thread. I have a very long background working on custom cars and interior design and A/V work have always been my passion. If you have ever watched episodes of "Street Customs" you have seen me and my work on the show so I promise that the Dual Climate Controls won't be an issue.

Thanks again guys for all the kind words!! This forum can be a tough crowd but I'm here to share my build progress and technical knowledge of cars with others and I hope to help many of you with your projects along the way. Anyone interested in some custom side vents that look a little more aggressive and maybe even functional too? I'm kicking around the idea of making some molds and shaping a few parts for my car and if you guys like them I have ways to mass produce them. I want to see how much cutting would be involved to actually make them functional first...just thinking out loud so if you're interested let me know and I'll pry a little more.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #17
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Can't wait to see pics with the Carsmo spoiler! Everything is looking great.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
chadstyle

Here are a couple pictures of my last personal build. This car falls into a different category than the BRZ as its sporty and luxury at the same time. I did a ton of performance work under the hood and dropped the car on Eibach suspension and ran a few different sets of Asanti 3 piece wheels with staggered fitment. I'm not a fan of chrome on cars but with the chrome trim around the windows and on the door handles these wheels just worked perfectly. My BRZ build is for a different purpose all together so don't expect it to be anything like this car but I wanted to share with you guys none the less. Hope you enjoy...Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355064865.923619.jpg
Views: 8067
Size:  189.6 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355064878.907109.jpg
Views: 7759
Size:  174.5 KB
Old 12-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #19
6-Shift
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Raven, Drifty things
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
That g37(?) is sick! Do you have an stereo plans for your BRZ?
6-Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
chadstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourifornian View Post
That g37(?) is sick! Do you have an stereo plans for your BRZ?
It's a M35..but thanks for the compliment! I had some nice stereo mods in that car. As far as the BRZ I might upgrade the door/dash speakers and cut out some aluminum trim rings on the router but I prefer to keep the weight to a minimum in this car so I won't be adding much if I do.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #21
chadstyle

So I have an update on the Carsmo spoiler as I know a few of you are interested. I received it last week and Ray is a very nice guy and even though we had a small mishap with the tracking info he was apologetic and explained what happened and in the end his customer service was great. I received the spoiler and the install pack with the little vinyl circles to cover the factory holes. I'm sure they will stand up over time as they are covered by the new spoiler and won't ever be exposed to the elements so no concerns there at all.

I was eager to drop it off for paint and my local body shop has been busy so I had to wait until today. Normally they would charge $150 to spray the part but unfortunately the spoiler needs some bodywork. It's pretty wavy if you look along the top side of the spoiler and there were two low spots that were pretty low. I've spent many years doing body work and creating molds for parts and with fiberglass there is always a little variance to the parts but if the mold is perfect you can usually block the part once and prime then spray. That's not the case with this spoiler. It needs some body work before it will be straight and I honestly couldn't live with it on my car if I just sprayed it as is. This also doubled the price and I'm now paying $300 to have it filled and blocked and primed then painted. I know how much work is involved so the price is fair considering I know how great the work will come out. I will have the part back on Friday and will install it Friday night. I will post pics of the install then. Hope this helps those of you wanting to change or add a spoiler to your car.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #22
WR BRZ

Drives: WRB Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Car Looks awesome man, Whats the brand and exact specs of the wheels if you don't mind?
WR BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #23
chadstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR BRZ View Post
Car Looks awesome man, Whats the brand and exact specs of the wheels if you don't mind?
Thanks man!! The wheels are actually super affordable and same weight as the stock wheels. They come in matte black or polished finish. The rears are 18x9.5 (+42) and fronts are 18x8.5 (+38).. The brand is Klutch Republik a d the model is SL-14. I don't like the tires to be too wide for the wheel so I'm running 255/35/18 rears and 225/40/18 up front. With the 1.4" Eibach Sportline coils it sits perfect and rides pretty close to stock. Unless you plan on track days or going super low on the drop then these are a better option than coilovers for daily driving and street use in my opinion. I also added front and rear Eibach sway bars to keep the balance of the car and it is awesome around corners. It has way more grip and stays flat but if you feel the urge to throw it sideways the ass end steps out so controlled its surgical. A total blast to drive with this setup!!

Hope this helps!!

Chad
Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
WR BRZ

Drives: WRB Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Thanks man!! The wheels are actually super affordable and same weight as the stock wheels. They come in matte black or polished finish. The rears are 18x9.5 (+42) and fronts are 18x8.5 (+38).. The brand is Klutch Republik a d the model is SL-14. I don't like the tires to be too wide for the wheel so I'm running 255/35/18 rears and 225/40/18 up front. With the 1.4" Eibach Sportline coils it sits perfect and rides pretty close to stock. Unless you plan on track days or going super low on the drop then these are a better option than coilovers for daily driving and street use in my opinion. I also added front and rear Eibach sway bars to keep the balance of the car and it is awesome around corners. It has way more grip and stays flat but if you feel the urge to throw it sideways the ass end steps out so controlled its surgical. A total blast to drive with this setup!!

Hope this helps!!

Chad
Cheers mate, thanks for the advice
WR BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #25
chadstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR BRZ View Post
Cheers mate, thanks for the advice
I forgot to mention I'm also running the Cusco OS front and rear strut braces. The front has the master cylinder brace as well. Stiffening up the chassis and suspension really makes for a fun ride. I feel like Ken Block every time I take it out to play...
Old 12-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #26
BoxeRZ

Drives: 13LTDWRBBRZ6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Liking this set up a lot! Pretty much what I'm looking to do with my WRB. About to order the Eibach prostreet with 1" drop just to give it a little more agressive look with stock wheels then black Enkeis in the spring. I'm happy to hear your springs are still pretty close to stock comfort, hopefully the prostreets do too. I used to live in Fort Liquordale, on Alhambra st. by the beach and Hendrix Isle off Las Olas. LOVE that town, BRZ must look beautiful under the South Florida sun!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #27
chadstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxeRZ View Post
Liking this set up a lot! Pretty much what I'm looking to do with my WRB. About to order the Eibach prostreet with 1" drop just to give it a little more agressive look with stock wheels then black Enkeis in the spring. I'm happy to hear your springs are still pretty close to stock comfort, hopefully the prostreets do too. I used to live in Fort Liquordale, on Alhambra st. by the beach and Hendrix Isle off Las Olas. LOVE that town, BRZ must look beautiful under the South Florida sun!
I live less than 5 minutes from Las Olas in the Rio Vista neighborhood. I miss SoCal but it could be worse, right? I would honestly recommend the sport lines over the pro street as 1" just isn't enough to make the car look right. I don't scrape over speed bumps or anything and the ride should be about the same between the two. Everyone I know that's gone with the 1" drop usually says afterwards that its not enough.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #28
chadstyle

I mounted the Carsmo spoiler today and also installed a Rydeen ZH07 factory style backup camera. I mounted the camera in factory location. The spoiler came out great and went on with no issues at all. I washed the car after but its too dark for photos. Tomorrow morning I'll take nice pictures and upload them. Here's a quick shot in the garage taken on phone but its hard to see the camera cause it blends in so well. I'll take some side profile shots of the spoiler and a shot from the top so you can see how well it fits. Slowly creeping up in miles..600 now. Can't wait to hit 1,000 and swap oil and install intake/exhaust/pulley/ecu tune and really make it a blast to drive. Still loving every minute of this car...Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355626285.396557.jpg
Views: 3981
Size:  188.7 KB