follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
*KID*
86-er

Drives: BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Zeek - CF intake tube and snorkle

Found this on the evasive website the other day. Both pieces look really nice. Was wondering if its available or if anyone has it on already.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...-INTAKEEXHAUST
Evasive Motorsports (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
hattrickey

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
$680 for an intake? There are a lot of better options for that kind of money.
hattrickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
Evasive Motorsports

Drives: 2012 FR-S and BR-Z
Thanked 1,892 Times in 638 Posts
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Evasive Motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrickey View Post
Its not a intake it uses the factory air box using the snorkle to allow fresh and cold air into the stock air box system which works really great on the track. We try to get the best lower prices on this but its coming from Japan there only so much we can do.

-Randy

Evasive Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Evasive Motorsports For This Useful Post:
20valvewynn83 (10-18-2013), B L U E S L A T E (10-17-2013), FR-Sizzle (10-17-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #4
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Zeta inlet tube + drop in filter is all that is needed. An does little to nothing on these cars.
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Evasive Motorsports

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
Zeta inlet tube + drop in filter is all that is needed. An does little to nothing on these cars.
@jflogerzi its not about power. There are some classes that people race in where you have to run a factory air box because of rules. This is why like spoon racing, js racing, and a few others design this type of intake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evasive Motorsports For This Useful Post:
B L U E S L A T E (10-17-2013), Kakawate (10-21-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #6
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evasive Motorsports View Post
@jflogerzi its not about power. There are some classes that people race in where you have to run a factory air box because of rules. This is why like spoon racing, js racing, and a few others design this type of intake.
hence why I said intlet tube which would retain factory air boxes
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
Evasive Motorsports (10-17-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #7
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
I'm getting yired of yhese uber expensive airbox snorkels/inlets/whatever...

Someone needs to hurry up and make an innexpensive one here in the states made out of non-exotic materials.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kostamojen For This Useful Post:
akahenry (10-17-2013), Evasive Motorsports (10-17-2013), twag4 (10-17-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #8
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrickey View Post
Considering the SARD CF intake tube costs 500~ bucks this is a steal/great deal. CF is sexy and very heat resistant. No heat soak to worry about when your stopped or hot days on the track. If you look at the dyno closely you will see there is gains low to high end all over the dyno's compared to some intakes that lose some power in the low end and only get peak power which you rarely will ever use/see.

Intake ducts are the best option you can do for cars like the FR-S/BRZ/S2000. The stock air boxes are already well designed and little improvements like a smoother tube/intake duct/drop in filter will just improve the deficiencies.

This intake duct/tube can still have better gains by throwing a drop in filter in it also. All the gains you get from the drop in + this duct will be positive gains whereas other intakes you will see random losses through out the dyno. The only intakes I would even think about buying are the CAI's by Perrin, FA20 club or some recent ones by JDM companies but taking off the bumper isnt everyones business.

@Evasive Motorsports The picture is kind of confusing though. The first picture you dont see any sound tube for the CF intake tube. Then in the other pictures it is attached but you dont see any attachment in the first picture where the tube would go. Is there an option for this? Is there anything that it comes with that can cover up the hole without messing with the air flow? Like for example one vendor has a plug that is metal that looks like its an inch thick and looks like it would interfere with the air flow in the tube since it would be sticking in the path of the air. Would it be recommended to just keep the sound tube on instead? Also the HKS/Syms ducts tho look like they would work with some FI kits that use the OEM air box. Not sure if this would get in the way of the intercoolers they come with. Any idea if this would work with some FI kits that keep the OEM box?

Quote:
And they happen to be some of the best intakes for cars like the s2000 which already have a well designed air box. Not a big surprise that the same thing is happening with our cars! The increased throttle response is great AND these mods cant be fully measured on the dyno... A dyno fan cant imitate driving 60-80 MPH winds blowing into your duct. Thats why ducts will always be my go to mod to do for intakes and is a reason why I left my air box alone since its already well known that the oem air box + drop in filter is the best route. If you want cool sounds get an exhaust that sounds nice.

I absoloutley love how they offer a CF and non CF version too. Great for people who dont mind not having CF

Last edited by FR-Sizzle; 10-17-2013 at 04:37 AM.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FR-Sizzle For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (10-17-2013), Evasive Motorsports (10-17-2013), Kakawate (10-21-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #9
FR-Sizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
I'm getting yired of yhese uber expensive airbox snorkels/inlets/whatever...

Someone needs to hurry up and make an innexpensive one here in the states made out of non-exotic materials.
They have an option of just the Snorkel for 300 bucks thats not made of Carbon fiber if you dont want the CF tube. I already own a Perrin silicone tube so they have an option of being able to buy just the duct non CF for 300 or a CF version for 400.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...-INTAKEEXHAUST
Its at the very bottom

Their CF intake tube costs half of what SARDS intake tube does which is like 450-500 bucks. it costs 130 more than what the Perrin silicone tube costs and that is fair for sexy CF that wont soak up heat neither. The silicone tubes are pretty good with heat soak also but Cf always looks great. Its too bad they keep the sound tube though but I can see why. People who get intakes generally want it for the induction noise so the sound tube/intake duct/tube along with a drop in filter would definitely give you some more cool sounds.

There dyno just goes to show that ducts are worth the money to invest in if you go the drop in filter route. These ducts with a drop in should see around 7-8 WHP.. Which is just as much as most intakes on the market and since its still the OEM airbox like I said earlier its all positive gains. No need to worry about any random drops in power like you see on some of the dyno's for some intakes.
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-Sizzle For This Useful Post:
Evasive Motorsports (10-17-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
*KID*
86-er

Drives: BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I think its fair pricing. They do have the fiberglass version which is cheaper.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
Evasive Motorsports

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
@Evasive Motorsports The picture is kind of confusing though. The first picture you dont see any sound tube for the CF intake tube. Then in the other pictures it is attached but you dont see any attachment in the first picture where the tube would go. Is there an option for this? Is there anything that it comes with that can cover up the hole without messing with the air flow? Like for example one vendor has a plug that is metal that looks like its an inch thick and looks like it would interfere with the air flow in the tube since it would be sticking in the path of the air. Would it be recommended to just keep the sound tube on instead? Also the HKS/Syms ducts tho look like they would work with some FI kits that use the OEM air box. Not sure if this would get in the way of the intercoolers they come with. Any idea if this would work with some FI kits that keep the OEM box?
Yes there will be a option for a sound cut out for the intake tube which will be extra $35 if you want it.

-Randy
The Following User Says Thank You to Evasive Motorsports For This Useful Post:
Kakawate (10-21-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #12
FR-Sizzle

Quote:
Yes there will be a option for a sound cut out for the intake tube which will be extra $35 if you want it.

-Randy
Awesome so it comes without the hole. I might have to sell my Perrin Tube to get this intake system. I was just about to order the HKS air duct this month too. Glad I held out and waited.
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-Sizzle For This Useful Post:
Kakawate (11-03-2013)