follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2019, 08:22 PM   #2381
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
It has been postponed....
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #2382
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
What is it about Honda guys?

Twice recently I've had dudes in fartcanned Hondas do dumb shit around me. Like a week or so ago, I was driving home (not on a highway, decent amount of traffic, but not stop and go) and a dude in a rattlecan paintjob, fartcan exhaust Prelude sped by on my left, slowed down so he was behind me again, then crept up to pace me. I looked over and gave him a confused, "what are you doing?" kind of look, then just kept driving normally. He then paces me for the next 30 seconds or so, flipping me off the whole time. I look over, start laughing, and just kept driving. He sped forward, then had to slam on his brakes to not hit the car in front of him, then I watched him cut someone else off as he weaved through traffic. If he was just looking at my car, why flip me off? If he was trying to get me to race, why do it on that road, with all the traffic? I just don't get it...

And today, I went home over my lunch break (riding the motorcycle today) and as I was standing on my doorstep, putting my gear on to get back on my bike, I heard that all-too-familiar "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP" so I look around to see what vehicle was making the noise. Its a similarly ratty Accord with a loud exhaust. All the windows were down, so I can see the driver see me looking at him. He then slows down and creeps by, keeping his revs high (presumably staying in first the whole time for maximum douche-age, I guess?) looking at me the whole time, then looking in his rearview at me as he drove away. What was his intention here? Just looking at my car/bike in the driveway? Trying to flex on me with his loud exhaust? Or was he trying to get me to hastily finish putting on my jacket and gloves, sprint over to my bike, hop on, and go race him? I just really don't get it.
qcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
Spuds (11-14-2019), TunaNoCrust (11-15-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #2383
James H

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You never know what other people are thinking nowadays. Could be mental illness, its more common than you think.
James H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James H For This Useful Post:
qcbaker (07-09-2019), TunaNoCrust (11-15-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #2384
Brz866

Drives: Series Blue WRB JRSC C38 HBP Flex
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbaker View Post

Twice recently I've had dudes in fartcanned Hondas do dumb shit around me. Like a week or so ago, I was driving home (not on a highway, decent amount of traffic, but not stop and go) and a dude in a rattlecan paintjob, fartcan exhaust Prelude sped by on my left, slowed down so he was behind me again, then crept up to pace me. I looked over and gave him a confused, "what are you doing?" kind of look, then just kept driving normally. He then paces me for the next 30 seconds or so, flipping me off the whole time. I look over, start laughing, and just kept driving. He sped forward, then had to slam on his brakes to not hit the car in front of him, then I watched him cut someone else off as he weaved through traffic. If he was just looking at my car, why flip me off? If he was trying to get me to race, why do it on that road, with all the traffic? I just don't get it...

And today, I went home over my lunch break (riding the motorcycle today) and as I was standing on my doorstep, putting my gear on to get back on my bike, I heard that all-too-familiar "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP" so I look around to see what vehicle was making the noise. Its a similarly ratty Accord with a loud exhaust. All the windows were down, so I can see the driver see me looking at him. He then slows down and creeps by, keeping his revs high (presumably staying in first the whole time for maximum douche-age, I guess?) looking at me the whole time, then looking in his rearview at me as he drove away. What was his intention here? Just looking at my car/bike in the driveway? Trying to flex on me with his loud exhaust? Or was he trying to get me to hastily finish putting on my jacket and gloves, sprint over to my bike, hop on, and go race him? I just really don't get it.
I swear I've seen that exact prelude and he did the exact same crap to me too. You wouldn't happen to be around Pittsburgh would you?
Brz866 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brz866 For This Useful Post:
qcbaker (07-12-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #2385
ssidd

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS - Asphalt
So I come up to a red light in the right lane, I see one of those "bro trucks" in the left lane waiting at the light. Typical Brodozer, with stretched mud tires on wide chrome wheels that stick out way too far; they aren't even under the fender anymore. Probably has a 8 or 10" lift as i can't see ast the bottom of the door, and a huuuuuge tip (diesel) of which i can see he has the high idle mod (so you can hear the turbo whistle).

As I pull up next to, I see Passenger Bro lean out and begin to hang out the window yelling "yo man, lets go, lets race". Dude is literally hanging out the window as I am too low and he is too high. Ignored him. This results in expletives, double birds, spitting... Light turns green. Driver Bro floors it, Black cloud, turbo spoolin, wheels spinnin, tires chirping, and...Passenger Bro is still hanging out the window eating face full of stones from those stupid wheels trying not to fall at this point and get run over...

Idiots.
ssidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:30 PM   #2386
xdavidx
Emperor McDuck

Drives: 2019 86 GT; 2018 BMW S1000RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbaker View Post

Can't believe you let those guys show you up like that... Clearly you were afraid to race them.

Seriously though, I had a guy in a crappy dark window tinted, fart box muffler, VW Jetta pull crap like that on me when I was on my S1000RR last week. In busy LA traffic, he almost hit a few people doing it and then started tailgating me. I'm just like... ehhh... why would I even bother putting myself and anyone else at risk to prove that one of the worlds fastest superbikes is faster than a VW Jetta... The tailgating did get me to take off though. Didn't want that idiot rear ending me.
xdavidx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdavidx For This Useful Post:
qcbaker (07-12-2019), ShadowReaper (12-16-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #2387
James H

Drives: 2017 BRZ
I have seen Kia Rio tailgating and trying to race Corvette Z51, Corollas trying to race C63. I am guessing combination of ignorance and insecurity, unless they are high on weed.
James H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to James H For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #2388
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,673 Times in 993 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I triggered one dude I guess the other day, in a bone stock 2013-15-ish Honda Civic, with one of those "princess on board" baby stickers people use nowadays. I was just driving to work at a good clip and he starts following me, weaving through traffic, eventually when I come to the off ramp, he blows by doing at least 150... dude I'm just driving to work.
HachiRokuX (07-11-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #2389
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brz866 View Post
I swear I've seen that exact prelude and he did the exact same crap to me too. You wouldn't happen to be around Pittsburgh would you?
Nah, I'm in central PA. So, probably not the same dude, but "that guy" probably exists in almost every city lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavidx View Post
Can't believe you let those guys show you up like that... Clearly you were afraid to race them.
Oh yeah, shaking in my boots
qcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 09:58 AM   #2390
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,113 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I had a young kid with his girlfriend In a old beat up golf VR6 driving like a maniac around me on the highway yesterday.

I was crusing at 120kmh with a line of traffic in front and noticed him fly up behind me.
He attempted to pass multiple times on the right but couldn't, until he eventually swerved into the bus lane barely keeping control of his car.

He made it about 4 cars ahead and got stuck in more traffic. We got off at the same exit(one of my favorite turns on my drive home). I left lots of room between us after watching his pass maneuver, and watched him nearly wreck as he took the corner weirdly jerking the wheel. He then nearly stalled at the roundabout just up the road.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (11-14-2019), SuperTom (11-15-2019), Tcoat (07-15-2019)
Old 11-14-2019, 05:42 PM   #2391
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Older guy in a modded (wing, raspy exhaust) 235i M-Sport was revving at me today. Not sure what he wanted since there was traffic around us. I was surprised when I saw he looked to be in his 50's, but I guess they come in all ages.

Car was nice though. I like the blue that BMW uses.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #2392
Pedro13

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
Older guy in a modded (wing, raspy exhaust) 235i M-Sport was revving at me today. Not sure what he wanted since there was traffic around us. I was surprised when I saw he looked to be in his 50's, but I guess they come in all ages.

I don't want to change the nice topic of this thread, but "older guy" at his 50's???? Noooooooooooo! (I remember when I was thought the same, like 30 years ago) I'm 49....
Pedro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #2393
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post

I have told this before but there was this little old lady in a BRZ once that totally smoked me at a light. Wasn't fair though since I didn't know we were racing.
Keep in mid if I am calling her old she was OLD!
Old 11-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #2394
TunaNoCrust

Drives: 86, 981S, RX8, 2500HD, GenesisV8
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I have told this before but there was this little old lady in a BRZ once that totally smoked me at a light. Wasn't fair though since I didn't know we were racing.
Keep in mid if I am calling her old she was OLD!
Was she from Pasadena?

I am really enjoying this thread...there are some great ones here
TunaNoCrust is offline   Reply With Quote