follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #491
KKaWing

Drives: Nissan Versa
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
this thread has really gotten so depressing....
i STILL can't believe it!

they actually have a limit on
thread tags?
2 per person?
Old 08-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #492
brichard0625

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs(Scarlet)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
I have come to this conclusion.. I would never let @Toma work on my car.. I feel sorry for those letting him work on for the electric supercharger kits.. Because hey, you guys are screwed, y'all are responsible for your cars not him..

Second, when so done blows a engine boosting it, it's always gotta pay to play and stuff, but car catches fire and it's a whole different ball game.. I don't see many blaming full blown or other turbo manufactures for destroyed engines, but they do seem to push blame on the installer.. In this case it's the vendor fault and not the installer??? I mean, I can't stand Visconti, I wouldn't mind seeing his business go down the drain for the asshole remarks he left to me and others in the threads of this forum..
Seriously i was considering electric sc just because its easy to take on and off but to see the way he conducts business makes my stomach hurt. Even though he's not physically touching my car i don't want to give my cash to any product that has dudes like him perform the testing on. I feel like this thread is going to play a major impact on us customers and i would not be surprised if people start canceling their plans to mod and potentially hurt some businesses on here. I had e85, intake, front pipe, pulley and put everything back to stock. I got my ecu replaced and i did not even think twice about asking for my tune back( i took the L and said fuck it). im happy my car is back to stock and im just going to stick with visuals instead of performance.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #493
InvalidJohnny5
The Based God

Drives: 87 Supra, 92 240SX, 13 BRZ Turbo
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
As a response to Toma. Perrin had released an Oil Cooling kit where there was an issue with the cooler leaking from their first batch. Even through trying to workout the kinks they've post-poned sales and/or delivery of their kit to ensure QC of the Mocal cooler they were using with their kit. Eventually they reached out to whomever purchased their first batch and offered a fix/revision free of charge. Now I might not be very bright, but I am sure a cooler core is more expensive than a pipe cutter and two fittings you can get from Home Depot for $10. Just my two cents.
Milltek Full Exhaust (Overpipe, Cat-delete, Catback), AVO Turbo kit , Perrin Crank Pulley , ACT Clutch Kit , ACT Prolite Flywheel 10.5lb , Axel-Exchange Driveshaft, Sparco Assetto Gara 17x7.5, Hankook Ventus V2s 225/45/17, Michelin Pilot Super Sports 225/45/17, Rally Armor Mudflaps, Viscontiproof tune Courtesy of Drift Office LLC
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to InvalidJohnny5 For This Useful Post:
86_Insider (08-15-2013), enouf (08-15-2013), HotLeopardMama (08-15-2013), Marchy (08-16-2013), Mr.Jay (08-15-2013), Nightbringer (08-15-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #494
ICantAffordAnLFA

Drives: Brz, Legacy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidJohnny5 View Post
As a response to Toma. Perrin had released an Oil Cooling kit where there was an issue with the cooler leaking from their first batch. Even through trying to workout the kinks they've post-poned sales and/or delivery of their kit to ensure QC of the Mocal cooler they were using with their kit. Eventually they reached out to whomever purchased their first batch and offered a fix/revision free of charge. Now I might not be very bright, but I am sure a cooler core is more expensive than a pipe cutter and two fittings you can get from Home Depot for $10. Just my two cents.
Good point and even then the children were out criticising Perrin, lol.

Perrin client service first rate IMHO.
The Following User Says Thank You to ICantAffordAnLFA For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #495
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKaWing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
they actually have a limit on
thread tags?
2 per person?
not sure.. but i just keep wanting to see more added
Old 08-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #496
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard0625 View Post
Seriously i was considering electric sc just because its easy to take on and off but to see the way he conducts business makes my stomach hurt. Even though he's not physically touching my car i don't want to give my cash to any product that has dudes like him perform the testing on. I feel like this thread is going to play a major impact on us customers and i would not be surprised if people start canceling their plans to mod and potentially hurt some businesses on here. I had e85, intake, front pipe, pulley and put everything back to stock. I got my ecu replaced and i did not even think twice about asking for my tune back( i took the L and said fuck it). im happy my car is back to stock and im just going to stick with visuals instead of performance.
Just to clarify Robfts is the one behind the Phantom SC. Toma isn't the one selling the electric supercharger he's just done the install and tuning for it on a few people's cars as far as I know. No argument here that he is annoying though. On my open source Electric SC thread he went on a rant insisting that I add a bunch of stuff to the OP that was already there had he bothered to read it.
86_Insider (08-15-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #497
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Just to clarify Robfts is the one behind the Phantom SC. Toma isn't the one selling the electric supercharger he's just done the install and tuning for it on a few people's cars as far as I know. No argument here that he is annoying though. On my open source Electric SC thread he went on a rant insisting that I add a bunch of stuff to the OP that was already there had he bothered to read it.

he just reads what he wants to skips over important info
Old 08-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #498
FRyeS

Drives: 2013 FR-S Asphalt 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
It might not have the same impact as 9/11, but to us (or to the OP) who have the car it kinda is.
RLY?
Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #499
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quote:
It might not have the same impact as 9/11, but to us (or to the OP) who have the car it kinda is.

we better build a memorial
Old 08-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #500
Onealpha

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard0625 View Post
This is one of the many reasons that I chose to keep my car bone stock. The only change that I am even considering is a Perrin catback to fix the sound of the car which is annoyingly quiet. I have just resolved to save my money for more profitable invenstments and enjoy the car as it came from the factory. When I wear these tires out I will definitely put some better rubber on. These tires really suck. Squeaky as hell and slippery in the wet. Can't even pull out of my driveway at 3 mph without them squealing. Stock, and Lovin Every Minute of It!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onealpha For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (08-15-2013), rapidcars (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #501
boarder1995

Drives: 2013 Subie BRZ Limited, black, 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
This car fire has me taking a step back as well regarding the grand plan on my wife's BRZ. I've done full exhaust system (Namelss - sounds great), wheels and tires on their way and a number of other options were being considered. Now, I'll just install the wheels and tires and may leave it at that with the exhaust.

Initially the Visconti FF kit looked intruguing to run E85 and get performance benefits versus FI. But now, I'm VERY hesitant to do any fuel mods with the OP's troubles and complete loss of car. Turbo may still be in the works for me, but with a new sense of caution.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #502
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Sorry @brzturbo for your loss man. All the best and hope things work out for you. I'd liked to have been a fly on wall when that conversation went down between you and John Visconti.

I have nothing nice to say in regards to Visconti or his pet Rich, whether he's real or one of John's alternate personalities, who the hell knows ?? Just surprised he's not in here doing damage control as usual
86_Insider (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #503
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder1995 View Post
This car fire has me taking a step back as well regarding the grand plan on my wife's BRZ. I've done full exhaust system (Namelss - sounds great), wheels and tires on their way and a number of other options were being considered. Now, I'll just install the wheels and tires and may leave it at that with the exhaust.

Initially the Visconti FF kit looked intruguing to run E85 and get performance benefits versus FI. But now, I'm VERY hesitant to do any fuel mods with the OP's troubles and complete loss of car. Turbo may still be in the works for me, but with a new sense of caution.
FA20Club has a FF kit thats been out a year and hasn't had any issues. Its cleaner and better put together and cheaper as well. Its a shame @FA20Club hasn't marketed it as well. Maybe @Andy@FA20Club should do a group buy shortly for people that don't want to deal with @Visconti anymore.

Who knows, maybe they can throw in free fire extinguishers for current @Visconti owners.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pheoxs For This Useful Post:
Allch Chcar (08-15-2013), enouf (08-15-2013), HotLeopardMama (08-15-2013), Mr.Jay (08-15-2013), Nightbringer (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #504
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
25k+ views and 500+ posts in 24 hours, sheesh...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (08-15-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-15-2013)

Closed Thread

Tags
accelerated, because visconti, boo-urns, brz, burn my ride(no pimp), burning man 2013, car-b-que, don, e85, fire, firefighter, flex fuel kit, he'sonfire!, here lies johns career, hlppreventfrsfires, if it doesn't fit, if the hose fits, john, marshmallow tuned, nobody got time fo dat, not tight enouf, oh lord jesus its a fire, roasted brznuts, tag orgy, that's hot, toasty!, toma <3 visconti 4 eva, toma is an asshole driver, tuning, user install error, v-tune kicked in yo, viscan't tuning, visconti, visconti roast, visconti-hunt, viscontifried, viscontinguished!, vtuning evisceration, you must acquit!, your fired!