follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
jayliu.jiayu@gamil.com

Drives: 2017 86 2016 frs 2007 335i
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To help people who wanna to change a seat

Hi all

over a past month that wut i got from change my seat
1. if u can find someone already done the seat, talk to him and test the seat it will make the life much easier.
and which harness r u going to run with, 4 point or 6 point. cause u need buy a seat with hole if u wanna buy 6 point one

2.get ur waist and height that will help u buy the seat which will fit u

3.narrow down the seat u wanna and make sure u know the fitment(all the number of size) something like first pic. and try to measure it
i did it buy test fit wutever i can try for a seat, and ask the owner the name of the seat. then i find all the fitment number and compare the one i wanna buy

4.since u narrow the seat u want and the fitment number now u need looking for the bracket that will fit u

this is very important part for install the seat. u need make sure the width enough for the seat and it is special for our car. cause if it not u r going to run in to problem.also make sure u can get the seating position as low as possible. one last thing is make sure u can seating position center to ur stressing wheel.

5.by the time now u should be ready to buy ur seat, and u should looking for the harness. i did my 6 point but, as a left hand drive the car was design as right hand drive, the brake line and structure is right under where i need drill the hole for blot eye. i am not sure it will damage the chassis or not so i leave it and now i am try to find a bracket to mount on seat bracket or the stock seat bolt
so i may recommend people buy a 4 point one.

6.buy a resister which is 3.3ohm u can get it in any electric store and tap for warp the resister

7.need a zip tie

8.cross washer 4 for the bolts for stock seat, 4 for the side mounting point for the seat and bracket the rest should come with seat and bracket. 2 lager strong one for the transmission console.

here is wut i had got so far

i am 183 cm 42 waist with 90kg

my seat is bride zeta iii type -L

harness is sparco 6 point

bracket is nagisa double locked seat rail

i did both top one on the hock on the top of rear seat which is design for children seat

one bolt eye on transmission console for right mid harness and stock seat belt on the other one, hit just take out the cover for the bolt and hock it on the stock bracket for the stock seat bolt

the bottom part still finding the way to install it

let me know if anyone had the idea

i know the top 2 may not save enough but i mainly will just use the stock seat blot for now

4 point harness for now
Attached Images

jayliu.jiayu@gamil.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayliu.jiayu@gamil.com For This Useful Post:
HaXx (05-10-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
CoolHandMoss

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wut the F dud u sey?
CoolHandMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHandMoss For This Useful Post:
chickunfut (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 07:55 PM   #3
15limited

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Reading the first couple steps makes my head hurt

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
15limited is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 15limited For This Useful Post:
chickunfut (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 10:21 PM   #4
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
are harnesses street legal in canada? If I was ever to get a bucket seat, I'd wanna use the stock seat belt.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #5
Sleepless

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Also follow the harness mounting instructions. The shoulder harness rear mount point doesn’t look right to me. Is that per the instructions? Angle appears too high.

Plus, harness without a half cage is generally considered unsafe... definitely less safe than using OEM 3 point belts.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:35 AM   #6
86MLR

Drives: 2017 86 limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless View Post
Also follow the harness mounting instructions. The shoulder harness rear mount point doesn’t look right to me. Is that per the instructions? Angle appears too high.

Plus, harness without a half cage is generally considered unsafe... definitely less safe than using OEM 3 point belts.
A fixed seat and a 6 point works well without a cage, until you crush your head, a 4 point works well till you submarine and find yourself in the foot well.

Yeap, some good advice on fixing a seat.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133311
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
15limited (05-10-2019)