follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 05-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #3095
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,174 Times in 6,833 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerbrian View Post
Anyone know where I can source the RH PCV hose circled in the photo

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Literally just call Edelbrock and order the part number!
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #3096
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know if the Edelbrock ecutek tune is available for download from their website? Or do I have to wait until monday to talk to a person and get it emailed to me?
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #3097
Chris3007

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Anyone know if the Edelbrock ecutek tune is available for download from their website? Or do I have to wait until monday to talk to a person and get it emailed to me?
You have to email calibration@edelbrock.com for the Edelbrock tune.
Chris3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #3098
hellb0undh0und
nerd

Drives: 17 Limited PP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just joined the family and holy cow am I loving it! I got her back Thursday evening and the increase in smiles per gallon is unreal! I skimmed this thread and did a fair amount of research on the other options before deciding, and even reading through the issues mentioned here, I'm still confident I've made the right decision. I loved the original power band and just wanted it to have more "oomph" - well I sure as hell got it! Went with 3" pulley and bigger injectors, already had UEL headers. Putting down a hearty 285 at the wheels on 93 OCT

So far, the only "weird" thing I've seen is occasional hesitation on crank at ambient temperatures. Cold starts, she roars up all pretty sounding - but say I make a quick trip to the store, when I come back and crank it sounds like it almost doesn't crank, but then starts up. It's only happened two or three times so if it continues, I'll definitely take it back to the tuner and have him look. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen something similar in the meantime.

I did get a kit with the refreshed surge tank so that's one potential problem I shouldn't have to worry about it. Anything else to keep an eye on?

Cheers!
hellb0undh0und is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hellb0undh0und For This Useful Post:
kevaughan (05-14-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #3099
TiminAZ

Drives: 2018 BRZ TS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0undh0und View Post
Just joined the family and holy cow am I loving it! I got her back Thursday evening and the increase in smiles per gallon is unreal! I skimmed this thread and did a fair amount of research on the other options before deciding, and even reading through the issues mentioned here, I'm still confident I've made the right decision. I loved the original power band and just wanted it to have more "oomph" - well I sure as hell got it! Went with 3" pulley and bigger injectors, already had UEL headers. Putting down a hearty 285 at the wheels on 93 OCT

So far, the only "weird" thing I've seen is occasional hesitation on crank at ambient temperatures. Cold starts, she roars up all pretty sounding - but say I make a quick trip to the store, when I come back and crank it sounds like it almost doesn't crank, but then starts up. It's only happened two or three times so if it continues, I'll definitely take it back to the tuner and have him look. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen something similar in the meantime.

I did get a kit with the refreshed surge tank so that's one potential problem I shouldn't have to worry about it. Anything else to keep an eye on?

Cheers!

I just installed my kit about a week ago and I am in the same state of bliss! Car is really fun to drive. I have an occasional issue upon cold start if I don't let the car settle into idle. (2 min) My tune and equipment is all Delicious Tuning and the D-Box (something they make) is supposed to help with idle MAP/MAF stuff. you should look into it.
2018 BRZ tS #282 of 500 DELICIOUS TUNING Edelbrock FI, E-85 Flexfuel, DeatschWerks pump and injectors, SpeedFactory ceramic UEL, Invidia R400 cat-back, ACT HD street clutch and flywheel, TEIN Flex Z coilovers, Stance wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 4
TiminAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiminAZ For This Useful Post:
kevaughan (05-14-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 05:59 PM   #3100
INSTIG8

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
I am having an issue with my Edelbrock Supercharger and wanted to see if anyone has some insight. I purchased the car around 6 months ago and it already had the superchager installed and was tuned by Delicious tuning. It has been running real well up until about a month ago when the supercharger started making a grinding noise at 3500 rpm regardless of what gear the car is in, neutral included. It makes the noise when the car is decreasing in rpm and passes 3500 rpm. Under acceleration the supercharger doesn't make the noise.

The odd part about it is the grind is inconsistent. When I start it up and start driving, the super charger doesn't the noise. Then after driving for about 10 minutes it will make the grind noise a few times and then the supercharger will be fine again for a whole. I don't notice any changes in performance just this horrific noise... I thought it might have been the belt tensioner getting old and loose so I replaced it and it may have got a little bit better but not much. I was thinking of maybe replacing the belt, but I'm almost of the mind that something may have failed internally on the supercharger. The car only have 47XXX miles and the supercharger only has around 10XXX per the previous owner. Does any one have any thoughts? Thank you in advance.
INSTIG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #3101
toast

You're positive it is the supercharger?

I noticed adding the SC definitely changed the sounds and resonances of the engine. It seems more likely that the sound is a heat shield that rattles at that rpm - especially since it is during deceleration. If you have a non-stock clutch you know that decel has a very different resonance spectrum than acceleration.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #3102
INSTIG8

I'm about 95% sure its the SC. The grind has the same resonating pitch that the SC has during regular operation.

I thought at first it was the clutch as well. So I put a different one in, stage 1 excedy, but the noise did not change at all. And I don't think its a rattle because its a very sharp grind. It has a similar noise to when the syncros are going out in a transmission and you shift. But it comes from the sc. I have a call into edelbrock, they just haven't called me back yet.

Has anyone tried disassembling the sc yet? maybe change the oil on it?
Old 05-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #3103
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,174 Times in 6,833 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
A grinding SC would have failed very quickly. It sounds like a rattle from somewhere else, that harmonizes at 3500 RPM.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #3104
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,474 Times in 4,995 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INSTIG8 View Post
It has been running real well up until about a month ago when the supercharger started making a grinding noise at 3500 rpm regardless of what gear the car is in, neutral included. It makes the noise when the car is decreasing in rpm and passes 3500 rpm. Under acceleration the supercharger doesn't make the noise.
Maybe this?

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59475

They do need regular oil changes but if it's making a mechanical noise odds are damage is already done.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:55 PM   #3105
INSTIG8

Appreciate the input guys. The video you shared strat61caster isn't the noise the car is making.

I dug into it more this weekend and agree with you guys that its some sort of rattle. I haven't tracked down exactly what is, but I dont its the SC. Appreciate the feedback and I'll update if I come up with anything relevant.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:27 PM   #3106
CallmeDave

Drives: 13 BRZ, 07 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
How’s the turn around time on getting tunes back from Delicious tuning?
Old 05-20-2019, 07:30 PM   #3107
toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeDave View Post
How’s the turn around time on getting tunes back from Delicious tuning?
When Zach was there I would get a new tune at least the next day after I sent a log, usually it was back to me the same day.

I wouldn't expect it to change now that Bill is back doing the tuning.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #3108
CallmeDave

Drives: 13 BRZ, 07 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
When Zach was there I would get a new tune at least the next day after I sent a log, usually it was back to me the same day.

I wouldn't expect it to change now that Bill is back doing the tuning.
Thanks. I didn’t know if I was being unreasonable hoping to get updated revision after sending my logs Sunday. I see on the email that they only do tunes Monday-Wednesday and Friday.
After this long install I’m just excited to see how my car drives now.