follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #197
jeffchap

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Put a Unichip on mine at 600 miles. Seems to even out the torque dip somewhat. Of course, that's just the butt dyno's opinion. It's stock for now, otherwise.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #198
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. BRZ View Post
here's an update on my brz. I am in the process of ordering an hid 3000k fog light kit and the zeta performance purple inlet intake pipe.
what about yall? any mods?
HIDs yesterday. Cleaning the car and prepping for the drift event in stroud next weekend
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #199
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
yeah I forgot about the drift event. I wanted to go 2 years ago but I didn't. I might go then but ill be driving my rx8, the brz is still damaged from hail. @TylerLieberman, do you plan on attending import face off in sept?
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #200
Xeerohour

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okieman View Post
Wednesday I drove to Springfield Mo. to have a JL Stealthbox installed along with a 300.1 amp.
Very nice. I'm still weighing my options as far as audio goes. I went by Boomer's audio here in town and spitballed a few options with the owner there, as he's done good work for me before.

Still - I'm having a bit of a hard time pulling the trigger. Part of it is the wife objecting to the expense. I'm looking to upgrade all the speakers in the front, and add a small sub box w/ amp. I keep coming back to the Integrity Concepts box, since it hits the sweet spot between design and price for me, but the guy at Boomers seems unwilling to use it since he hasn't used it before.
Xeerohour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #201
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. BRZ View Post
yeah I forgot about the drift event. I wanted to go 2 years ago but I didn't. I might go then but ill be driving my rx8, the brz is still damaged from hail. @TylerLieberman, do you plan on attending import face off in sept?
Search for the Stick to Drifting page on Facebook. It has all the info for the event.

Probably not. I never really cared for it. Plus, I'll be tight on money. Between all the parts, the event next weekend, and shelling out money for Formla D Texas, I'm gonna be taking a good break after.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #202
Okieman

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeerohour View Post
Very nice. I'm still weighing my options as far as audio goes. I went by Boomer's audio here in town and spitballed a few options with the owner there, as he's done good work for me before.

Still - I'm having a bit of a hard time pulling the trigger. Part of it is the wife objecting to the expense. I'm looking to upgrade all the speakers in the front, and add a small sub box w/ amp. I keep coming back to the Integrity Concepts box, since it hits the sweet spot between design and price for me, but the guy at Boomers seems unwilling to use it since he hasn't used it before.
You should hear this with the factory speakers. It sounds like you wouldn believe.I know the sub is connected to the amp and head unit but it makes ALL the speakers sound great. Total cost of install ,the Sub and amp. was 1130$
Okieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #203
meow_mix
Good kitty...

Drives: Blür
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Installed my Perrin intake a few weeks ago. Recently replaced all the interior bulbs with LED's and several of the exterior ones as well. Body kit is at port in California and should be being shipped out within the week, after which I can take it to the body shop and set a date to have them paint/install and fix all my hail damage. I'm ready to get this done and over with already. Depending on how much the body shop quotes me, I might spring for some wheels at the same time.

As far as audio, I'm not unimpressed with the sound system in the BRZ, but the head unit has to go. I want to scream at that thing every day. The 'touch' screen is a joke. I just don't know what all I'll have to do if I change the head unit (speakers, amp, etc.).
meow_mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #204
Xeerohour

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okieman View Post
You should hear this with the factory speakers. It sounds like you wouldn believe.I know the sub is connected to the amp and head unit but it makes ALL the speakers sound great. Total cost of install ,the Sub and amp. was 1130$
That's not bad. I was looking at around $1500 for similar, plus the front speakers. I'm assuming your amp also wound up with sound processor, so that it could split out a subwoofer channel, as I know that was part of my cost.

Still - I hope to run into you around town one of these days - I'd love to hear it. You're the second person I've seen on the forums talking about how the factory speakers sound better simply by adding a sub:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=40699&page=3
Xeerohour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #205
convoy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited(White)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I also hate the BRZ touchscreen! Other than that it sounds pretty good. I had two 10" JL Audio subs installed in a custom enclosure(basically a trunk delete lol). I had Joe @ Superior Autosports in Edmond do it and it turned out great. It cost $800, not too bad I saved a little because I already had an 1800W Kenwood amp and line out converter from my last system.

I also have some other mods:
3000k HID fog lights
Full LED conversion, and accents for grille and Subs
Plastidipped Interior, emblems and wheels
Muffler Delete
Tinted windows(20%)
Redout Taillights
Hood Shocks

That's pretty much it so far, I hope to do some "real" mods soon but I need to get the passenger side repaired first.

-Convoy
Completed Mods: Painted Tail Lights(Redout) - Muffler Delete - 2 10" JL Audio Subwoofers & 1800W Amp - Clear Side Markers - Zeta Performance Hood Dampers - Full LED Bulb Conversion - 3000K HID Fog Lights - BC Racing Coilovers - VarrStoen ES1's 18x9.5
Follow me on Instagram for pics - @Convoy
convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #206
vf1rwolfleader

Drives: '13 BRZ LTD
Garage
Finally back and Settled from my long vacation. Saw a couple posts about Import Faceoff on 9/8. I plan on actually making it there this time. AS for a meet, I'm pretty much free every weekend.

Also, got a set of stock FR-S mudguards and installed them on my BRZ. Not to shabby. The install took almost an hour, only because the directions call for removing all four wheels. I only removed the rear ones. Workout in the end.
vf1rwolfleader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vf1rwolfleader For This Useful Post:
Ruckus (07-24-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #207
wdcpharmd

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Any recommendations on where to get the windows on my BRZ tinted? I was going to ask the dealership who they use but I thought I'd put the question to you guys first.

Also, does anyone know of a good touch-free car wash in the OKC area? I live in an apartment that won't let me hand wash in the lot and I need a place to at least get some of the road grime off.
wdcpharmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #208
meow_mix
Good kitty...

Drives: Blür
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcpharmd View Post
Any recommendations on where to get the windows on my BRZ tinted? I was going to ask the dealership who they use but I thought I'd put the question to you guys first.
I took mine to Auto Gear in Edmond off of Memorial between Santa Fe and Kelly (I think). 14921 N Lincoln Blvd. The guy was really cool, seemed like he love what he does, and even showed me his car that he tinted a while back. And, he had tinted an FR-S before mine so it wasn't his first one. He tinted the sides and rear in 15% and even got behind the third brake light without removing it. It was $189 but I was very impressed with the shop, people, and service.

Quote:
Also, does anyone know of a good touch-free car wash in the OKC area? I live in an apartment that won't let me hand wash in the lot and I need a place to at least get some of the road grime off.
My driveway? Usually plenty of space there. Or, I'm pretty sure there is a place on Penn between Memorial and 150th that you pull into, give it some money, and power wash it yourself. I've never done it though.
meow_mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #209
vf1rwolfleader

Drives: '13 BRZ LTD
Garage
Quote:
I haven't personally used them, but I have heard that Best buy is good. the warranty and the fact that there is one everywhere to fix problems helps.

Quote:
I use my driveway as well, or one of the few wash stations down the street here in Del/Midwest City. There is a Red Carpet Cleaner on Air Depot in Midwest City that is supposedly really good also, but I'm not sure if they have a touch free/handwash option. I know they have the drive-thru one. They do offer many other detailing services as well.
vf1rwolfleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #210
Integrity Concepts

Drives: Concepts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeerohour View Post

Thank you for your nice comments about our enclosures. Having worked for many years in the audio industry I would have to say that if Boomer's is unwilling to use our enclosure in your install it is more likely because they are an authorized JL Audio dealer who would like to sell you a Stealthbox or even build you their own custom enclosure, and less that they haven't used our enclosure before. Have them take a look at our website, build details, and pics, or even have them contact me and there shouldn't be any resistance if they are truly trying get you a great sounding enclosure for your system and it isn't based on who sells it to you.

Cheers, Dan
Integrity Concepts
Integrity Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote