follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 03-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
FLYFISHR

Drives: 2014 BR"ZED" Sport-tech DGM MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Advice 4 Nürburgring visit

While on a family vacation in late May I will be near the Nürburgring and I am looking for any suggestions about where to stay or even the best place to rent an 86 for a couple of laps. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYFISHR View Post
While on a family vacation in late May I will be near the Nürburgring and I am looking for any suggestions about where to stay or even the best place to rent an 86 for a couple of laps. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Ever end up dong this? Would love to hear about how the 86 did on the Ring first hand and how amazing that must have been if you managed.
TorontoNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #3
TofuJoe
Ohne Titel

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP ISM
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@TorontoNat

I did a track day recently with a guy who went to the ring with Everyday Driver through RSR and had "the experience of a lifetime": http://www.rsrnurburg.com/

Ace at Exclusive Track Days also organizes trips to the Ring: http://www.exclusivetrackdays.org/
TofuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:26 AM   #4
FLYFISHR

Drives: 2014 BR"ZED" Sport-tech DGM MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoNat View Post
Ever end up dong this? Would love to hear about how the 86 did on the Ring first hand and how amazing that must have been if you managed.
Maded it to the ring but not on track, finances dictated a rental of an 86 was out of reach for me. The weather was a bit damp while we were in the area so we ended up staying in Koblenz. When there was a break in the rain I rented a Fiat 500 for the drive out to the track with the hope of doing the taxi thing, but when we arrived the track was shut down because of an accident on the course. There was a huge number of people waiting to go out and zero chance for a taxi ride. Still we hung around for a while and bought a few souvenirs, a beer and a quick meal before we had to head back. Just before we had to go the track did open up and I did see a couple of the twins head out for a few laps. I had to be satisfied with couple of pictures of the twins and the fact that I can say that I did make the pilgrimage but just not on track this time.