follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
EsoBOFH
Senior Hoonigan

Drives: 2016 Hot Lava 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Vancouver auto-cross, time attack.. ?

Hey Folks.. so I have my brand new shiny FR-S... and as much as I want to hoon it up on the streets, I think my old age and reason are preventing me from doing that.. DOH!

Does anyone know of regular auto-cross events or clubs or something I can join in Vancouver or the fraser valley to have some fun with my new car?!?
EsoBOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Please note that i am in Ontario so my knowledge of BC is limited, but here is the place where you want to start.

http://www.caccautosport.org/CACCautoslalom_main.html

this is the umbrella sports car organization, all BC car clubs should in theory be part of CACC and follow their standards and rules

the schedule link will tell you which events are coming up. (they are all in there)

some events are organized privetly by the clubs and may not be in it.

the following clubs are more or less involved in "solo" sports (autocross and time attack as they are now refered to)

http://www.caccautosport.org/CACCaffiliates.html

so you may contact all of them to find out what they do/organize. Also as far as i know you can particiapte in any one of them while being a member of another club, you just may have to pay more.

Some may be exclusive, i dont know, if they are, then screw them.

Please ignore the quality of these websites, people running them care more about putting together a quality event than a website. So just get on the phone/email with these people and they will set you up with all the info you need quickly.

Burnaby Coquitlam Motorsports Association
Island Rallysport Club
Knox Mountain Motor Sport
Performance Driver's Club
UBC Sports Car Club
VCMC Motorsport Club
Victoria Motor Sports Club
EsoBOFH (06-19-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
just found this, last minute but you can still make it

http://www.bcchamps.ca/
EsoBOFH (06-19-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Missie_23

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsoBOFH View Post
Hey Folks.. so I have my brand new shiny FR-S... and as much as I want to hoon it up on the streets, I think my old age and reason are preventing me from doing that.. DOH!

Does anyone know of regular auto-cross events or clubs or something I can join in Vancouver or the fraser valley to have some fun with my new car?!?
Check out VCMC or UBCSCC. I personally race with VCMC and I love it with them, I find their events are well organized as well. If you go to www.vcmc.ca you will find more information. They hold regular autox events and each year they also hold a multi-day event (usually in August) which is a competition that lasts 2-3 days, and they also hold track days as well.

Oh, and BC Champs is great but if you are just starting out, I wouldn't participate just yet. It's likely going to be more fun for you to start off at regular autox, and then once you are comfortable with the car, to progress to the championships. Once you are used to the car, you might want to make a trip down to the states next year too (many of the VCMC boys make a trip down) to race in the Nationals at Packwood. That's happening at the end of this month as well, but racing down there is even more competitive than it is up here!! Not quite for a beginner =P

AND, they are over with for the year, but next year you might want to consider taking VCMC's Velocity School. Gives you good seat time =)
Missie_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
VCMC is where I'm signed up for. Plan to go to their events again. Went to UBCSCC which is pretty solid as well.

See you at the autox events if you sign up.