follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
scottynoshotty

Drives: Hot Lava 2013 Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
APR Wing

So im looking at getting APRs big a$$ wing. I have always hated the look of big wings and have ridiculed everyone ive known who has put one on(mainly because they were all on riced out Honda civics). My goal for the car is to make it handle like a mofo. So far I have shed the unneeded weight and put on enkei rpf1s wrapped in V12 evos. The car is amazing around corners, only issue I have is the rear end breaks free too easy for my taste and I want more grip. (here comes the part where you all can laugh at me ). I decided to do some serious R&D from my living room on Forza 4 and put my mods on the car and added a big wing. It was unbelievable, at speed it just gripped and gripped and gripped, the rear end was ridiculously planted. I then took it off for comparison and the car was almost undriveable, rear end just all over the place, not only could i get even close to the lap times i was putting down with the wing, i could barely complete a lap trying to take corners at the speed i could with the wing. So does anyone have any experience with this outside of their living room on an xbox? maybe even on a track in an actual car. Thanks and happy flaming.
scottynoshotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
scottynoshotty

Drives: Hot Lava 2013 Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
and the car is my DD but has seen/ will see a good amount of Track days and autox
scottynoshotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
RAWR BRZ

Drives: 2010 BMW M3, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottynoshotty View Post
and the car is my DD but has seen/ will see a good amount of Track days and autox
Id bolt the wing on for track and take it off for DD, well thats just me if I were you (also planning on getting a wing in the future)

with it off you will get a bit better mpg "I guess", less drag on freeway
RAWR BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote