follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #43
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I was deciding between the BRZ, Veloster Turbo, or Focus ST. After reading reviews it seems the Veloster Turbo has a ways to go before being a great drivers car, its FWD, and the aftermarket is dismal for it (but the 38 MPG was keeping me interested for a DD). The Focus ST isn't out yet and I didn't want to wait that long to find out if it's a good car, plus the MPG numbers kinda turned me off.

Really, I knew all along I'd go with the Subaru.. it's a true drivers car built by a car company I fully back and love. Didn't go with the FR-S because I feel the Subaru brand has better resale value, Scion charges extra for white paint, and I wanted those awesome looking BRZ headlights (all the others are just extra bonuses - NAV, leather, push button). Plus the BRZ aftermarket is already booming. Ahh I'm so excited to get mine!
overlookedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #44
slizoth

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXGuy1 View Post
I considered the WRX, MS3, and Gen Coupe. I went with the BRZ as it was the funnest car I drove, I always liked Subaru's and the guys that own them, and it was a chance to have a brand new, never before seen car that I may not get the chance to do again in the near future.
^^^This
slizoth is offline   Reply With Quote