follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #43
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,569 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoJDM View Post
What kind of comparisons would you like to see? I have the Edelbrock on my car and I installed a Cosworth setup on another local car. It would be easy for me to get some back to back logs of the two cars if you're just looking for IAT data, etc...I don't have dyno info, but that can be arranged I'm sure with a little convincing
I have the cosworth kit but I was curious if there was more to extract from it. Whether with tuning or a flex fuel kit. I'd like to see what it makes on E85 compared to the Edelbrock

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
NotSoJDM (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #44
NotSoJDM

Drives: '13 BRZ | '04 E55
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I have the cosworth kit but I was curious if there was more to extract from it. Whether with tuning or a flex fuel kit. I'd like to see what it makes on E85 compared to the Edelbrock
Since we use the same blower, there is definitely more to extract out of your setup. I'm willing to bet the numbers will be comparable between the two given the same tuner does both cars.

The biggest cause for variance I can think of between the two would just be IAT temps based on efficiency differences between the LTRs of the two kits?
NotSoJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #45
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Any chance you've done any testing with this combined with the ace 4-2-1 header?
@NotSoJDM has
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
NotSoJDM (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #46
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoJDM View Post
I'm curious about this as well. I am running the ACE 4-2-1 with my Edelbrock setup and the Delicious FNG tune. It would be nice to see how well the ACE does in comparison to a traditional UEL on a FI setup.

It's really unfortunate that I don't have any of these guys like CSG, Moto-East Delicious, etc local to me. I have the car, the kit, and both UEL and EL headers. I just need someone that can tune them both so we can see how they pair up with this supercharger.....
You could always fly @DeliciousTuning out to you...
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
NotSoJDM (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #47
NotSoJDM

Drives: '13 BRZ | '04 E55
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
You could always fly @DeliciousTuning out to you...
I tend to think of myself as a somewhat generous person for the community...but I have a feeling they don't fly on generosity I'll talk it over with them, and see if its feasible to put together some sort of in depth testing. If I'm paying for tickets out here, its gonna be a worthwhile comparison lol.
NotSoJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #48
Firesnake

Drives: Whiteout
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
This car was equipped with DW 700cc injectors and a DW65c pump. Unlike the Innovate kit, this kit will require upgraded injectors and pump right off the bat to run E85.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
So if I understand correctly, to upgrade the Edelbrock to flex fuel we would need to buy:
  1. Flex Fuel Kit
  2. DT Edelbrock Flex Fuel Tune
  3. DW 700cc Injectors
  4. DW65c pump

Ballpark figure of around $2k total?

...and then smog time, we shouldn't need to change anything if it's just the sniffer without visual inspection?

Otherwise, we would need to change out the flex fuel kit for OEM, OEM injectors and pump, then flash back to CARB, correct?

Thanks,
Mike D
Firesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #49
sato

Drives: Dodge Patitas
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
Hey Mike,

Your parts list there is correct. Most emissions tests nowadays include an OBD check. The Flex Fuel kit is rear o2 input, so we can send you a duplicate tune to run with the Flex Fuel module unplugged. On pump gas, this will mimic our pump gas Edelbrock tune and pass all monitors normally. I must state for the record that our tune is not currently CARB approved.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
Currently?

Sent using tapatalk
sato is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sato For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (11-30-2015)
Old 05-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #50
sweetspeed

Drives: 2014 Raven Black FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Delicious Tuning is excited to release a specific Edelbrock tune based off our widely used Flash & Go Tune. It would seem those pesky engineers over at Edelbrock, have chosen to build a kit that is more efficient than we had originally expected, because of this our standard Flash & Go tune that works rather well on many other kits, was leaving a bit on the table with the E-Force Supercharger.

Here is some data from today’s tuning session and our short review of the Edelbrock Kit. First off, the kit itself looks great in the engine bay, fitment and finish are outstanding. Second, the CARB tune that comes with the kit is a great tune right out of the box. We ran three back to back pulls and the variance in power was about 4whp at redline. The design of the kit lends to making a powerful, reliable and consistent package, while still maintaining a linear powerband similar to other twin screw supercharger kits.

Dyno Pull on Flex Fuel with E85

Now for the dyno data:

Dyno Chart #1
Edelbrock’s CARB Tune vs Delicious Tuning’s Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune
- Baseline Edelbrock E-Force CARB Tune on ACN 91 octane (263hp and 205tq)
- Final Delicious Tuning Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune on CAN 91 octane (265hp and 212tq)
- Torque: We were able to increase the low end torque by about 20 ft/lbs around 2500 RPM and maintain an increase to about 4000 RPM.
- Horsepower: Near the top end around 5500 RPM we were able to open up the power gap by 10hp to about redline where the Edelbrock tune meets back up with our tune.

Dyno Chart #2
- Final Delicious Tuning Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune with Flex Fuel on CAN 91 octane (265hp and 212tq)
- Final Delicious Tuning Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune with Flex Fuel on E85 (323hp and 245 tq)
- Torque: Obviously with ethanol you can make some massive improvements in torque across the board. We do have the torque ramp up as the RPM increase to make sure we do not snap any rods, but you will still feel an obvious increase as low as 2500 RPM.
- Horsepower: This is what you are all waiting for; this kit pulls really hard to redline with an extremely wide and linear powerband.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

Bill,

I'm curious about this kit without upgrading fuel pump or injectors. With an e85 flex fuel kit already, will e85 run at all with a flex fuel EcuTek tune after the edelbrock SC install? Thanks!
sweetspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #51
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetspeed View Post
Bill,

I'm curious about this kit without upgrading fuel pump or injectors. With an e85 flex fuel kit already, will e85 run at all with a flex fuel EcuTek tune after the edelbrock SC install? Thanks!
Since you'll be running boost (pumping in more air), your limitation would be fuel, which is why you need the larger injectors and higher flowing pump. I would hazard a guess that you would risk running lean or maybe even not run at all.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
sweetspeed (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 11:02 AM   #52
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetspeed View Post
Bill,

It would not, because the supercharger would make enough boost to force the injectors and pump to max out well before redline. The only thing you could really do is lower the redline but it would probably be so low it would not really be enjoyable.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
sweetspeed (06-01-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 03:02 PM   #53
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Update for some folks: We've released a new, minor revision in the last week or so that addresses idle concerns some folks were having. You can contact me via email at sales@delicioustuning.com.com to find out more about this update. This is, of course, specific to Edelbrock kits.

-Zach
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Ravenna (11-06-2016)
Old 10-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #54
CatDaddysBBQ

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Dyno Chart #2
- Final Delicious Tuning Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune with Flex Fuel on CAN 91 octane (265hp and 212tq)
- Final Delicious Tuning Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune with Flex Fuel on E85 (323hp and 245 tq)
- Torque: Obviously with ethanol you can make some massive improvements in torque across the board. We do have the torque ramp up as the RPM increase to make sure we do not snap any rods, but you will still feel an obvious increase as low as 2500 RPM.
- Horsepower: This is what you are all waiting for; this kit pulls really hard to redline with an extremely wide and linear powerband.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning[/QUOTE]

William -

I'm interested in the edelbrock kit, and purely because I don't want to invite any more risk of blowing up the bottom end of the engine than necessary, my head says I want to stay under 300hp - so the 265 of the 91oct map seems good. BUT, I know that using e85/flex can really help the engine with cleaner burn, cooling, etc - so having that fuel in FI applications is usually a positive.

SO here's the question: lower hp on 91/93 fuel or 320hp on e85 - which would be the 'safer' bet for a car that will see track, autoX and street?

I don't care as much about the extra power as I do reliability so if reliability is the same, flex/e85 sounds incredible. BUT, if the 260-ish HP is almost a non-issue i'll sleep at night happily there.

Plus, I FULLY realize that there is nothing 'bulletproof reliable' about boosting an arguably fragile n/a car, i'm just looking for a "sort of risky vs idiotic" kind of comparison.
CatDaddysBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote