follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #211
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
What if someone who doesn't live there comes to "visit"?
If its a goblin it doesn't obey gun laws.
Perhaps a large attack dog with a kevlar vest and helmet would help ?
It would allow the victims a small chance to run away while the dog is being shot.

CERBERUS
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RFB For This Useful Post:
Basket Case (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #212
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrazic93 View Post
A knife in the hands of a trained martial artist, is most likely more deadly and prepared than a car jacker with a gun. Another reason why I want to take Mui Tai

Edit: and the fact that im only 5'4"...that might be another reason lol
You might look into Wing Chun as well. It was supposedly developed for women but it works very well for anyone who is smaller than their typical opponent.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #213
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFB View Post
Aren't you glad you live in a free country where you are allowed NOT to have a gun ?

How would you feel if that freedom was taken away ?

CERBERUS
Wrong. I am allowed to have a gun registered with a license. Not my cup of tea as a hobby, not a hunter, no reason to do so.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #214
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
What if someone who doesn't live there comes to "visit"?
There is a very obvious sign at the border crossing indicating the severity of concealing a weapon on board at the crossing. Hunters must declare their guns and provide all necessary documentation, obviously.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #215
RFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Wrong. I am allowed to have a gun registered with a license. Not my cup of tea as a hobby, not a hunter, no reason to do so.
Re read my post please. You misunderstand my comment. I did not say you are not allowed to have a gun.

My comment was a facetious retorical question not inviting an answer.
It is a comment on your post about freedom.

It deals with the argument of the right to own a gun, the right not to own a gun, a law preventing the ownership of a gun, a law forcing you to own a gun (as in a certain parish in Georgia, Switzeland, Israel etc.), and certain Jeffersonian principles.

By the way you as a registered owner of a gun in Canada are a criminal subject to mandatory prison term if you let your license expire.

It is also illegal to load your firearm at home for self defence - also a mandatory prison term.

CERBERUS
Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #216
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Got family in TO...I seent this and I still don't like it!
Meh, there's no reason for you to like it. Just like there's no reason for me not to like it. Choice is a good thing.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #217
mid_life_crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
There is a very obvious sign at the border crossing indicating the severity of concealing a weapon on board at the crossing. Hunters must declare their guns and provide all necessary documentation, obviously.
I was referring to someone from a different neighborhood with criminal intent.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #218
RFB

Quote:
I was referring to someone from a different neighborhood with criminal intent.
Yeah - we understood what you meant.

Anti's usually rely on emotional not rational thinking.

CERBERUS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RFB For This Useful Post:
Basket Case (05-07-2014), DoomsdayJesus (05-07-2014), SirBrass (05-08-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #219
kalamitykode
I draiv de cah

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited MT
Garage
Being a Canadian citizen in the US of A is awkward. I can't own a gun. Mleh.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #220
DoomsdayJesus
In Autobahn withdrawl

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited Man., WRB
Garage
So was there ever a storage space or room for a cable secured gun safe found? I have the same problem but I'm not willing to read through 10 pages of bullshit debates to find the solution.

Why don't we contain the debate in the off-topic forum, I wrote a 32 page thesis in college on natural rights and the failures of gun control that was exhaustively researched and cited if anyone wants to lose an argument.

Until then a solution to securely storing a handgun would be nice. This is the first car I've owned where I can't fit a car safe under a seat easily. And I like to be responsible with firearms, as I assume the OP is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamitykode View Post
Where there's a will there's a waiver. I know non-residents just have to fill out paperwork and pass a background check, it may be a little tedious but you can buy/carry guns in the US if you qualify. Especially in Texas. Talk to your local Sherriff's office, they should have an answer for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzman View Post
When there is a thread called "how my gun saved my car" I will sub, until then I will laugh.
Which story do you want? Twice I've had to draw on someone who put their hands in my vehicle. Once delivering pizzas in college. Once because some clown was road raging in Philadelphia. Please air out your ignorance elsewhere. A third time while I was parked because I heard some asshole throwing a brick into my neighbor's minivan window at 1am and I thought it was my car.

Three times a gun has saved myself or my car (or my neighbor's) from harm. Incidentally, those are the only times I have ever drawn a firearm, I never fired a shot, and every single time I assisted the police after. Plenty of crime revolves around vehicles.

Last edited by DoomsdayJesus; 05-07-2014 at 03:52 PM.
DoomsdayJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DoomsdayJesus For This Useful Post:
codesplice (05-07-2014), kalamitykode (05-07-2014), Kids Heart (05-13-2014), SirBrass (05-08-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #221
kalamitykode
I draiv de cah

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayJesus View Post
Where there's a will there's a waiver. I know non-residents just have to fill out paperwork and pass a background check, it may be a little tedious but you can buy/carry guns in the US if you qualify. Especially in Texas. Talk to your local Sherriff's office, they should have an answer for you.
Good tip. I'm actually engaged to be married in about a year and that'll make me a legal citizen, I'm not really in any rush to get a gun.

It's just weird cause I've been in Texas since I was 7 lol and I still have to carry a green card around.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #222
mid_life_crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamitykode View Post
Look more carefully. If a gun is old enough, as in a functioning antique, it doesn't even have to be registered. Not positive, but I think that's federal law. Doesn't help you carry, but it's a start.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #223
DoomsdayJesus
In Autobahn withdrawl

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited Man., WRB
Garage
Quote:
Look more carefully. If a gun is old enough, as in a functioning antique, it doesn't even have to be registered. Not positive, but I think that's federal law. Doesn't help you carry, but it's a start.
You're thinking of Curio and Relic licenses, but guns do not have to be registered in Texas or most states for that matter. The issues is that foreign nationals have to go through a number of extra steps to be able to legally own or carry firearms of any sort, including C&R firearms. There are legal alien statutes in most, if not all states though. They're most often utilized by VIP travelers or their security.
DoomsdayJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #224
Bg8780

Drives: '13 Black Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Well this thread went straight to shit like most on this forum.

Here is something a friend of mine implemented in his Evo X awhile ago, in case anyone else besides OP is interested (OP, you got a PM)

More pics: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0E&usp=sharing
Bg8780 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
'murica, bieber, fuckyeah, glove box, gun, handgun, holster