follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #57
gmookher
Banned

Drives: VortechSC,BorlaEL,Perrin,GCRace
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
you spent real money on that?
barf. too effeminate. hot pink badge, really? Fugly.
toss it in the junk pile

see, was that too jackassed? too blunt? its not personal, I assure you. no offense is meant, yet folks get offended if one posts the above, when they dont like what they were hoping to get as feedback. you post pic, I think its fugly. value to you, trash to me.

pretty simple, no need for a therapy session to address your hurt ego, or my outspoken ness, right?
I dunno, I see nothing wrong with the above in red.
but if One posts the below, its fine:

yum. very curvy. hot pink badge, really? hot.
add that to my cart

one strokes you, other tells you what I really think. man up. its why we're here, youre not gonna always like what you hear.
gmookher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #58
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,057 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmookher View Post
barf. too effeminate. hot pink badge, really? Fugly.
toss it in the junk pile

see, was that too jackassed? too blunt? its not personal, I assure you. no offense is meant, yet folks get offended if one posts the above, when they dont like what they were hoping to get as feedback. you post pic, I think its fugly. value to you, trash to me.

pretty simple, no need for a therapy session to address your hurt ego, or my outspoken ness, right?
I dunno, I see nothing wrong with the above in red.
but if One posts the below, its fine:

yum. very curvy. hot pink badge, really? hot.
add that to my cart

one strokes you, other tells you what I really think. man up. its why we're here, youre not gonna always like what you hear.
No, both sounds like lack vocabulary, idiotic, nothing constructive about it, pointless, and waste of time to read. Don't have nothing to debate or reply to (& usually ignore all those post anyways). So why bother posting to begin with? Again, If you don't have anything positive or constructive to add to a topic, move on! Without those post, thread will still move on... correction, thread will move on smoother.

Pretty simple? No, looks like pretty jackass to me. Man up? No, we need to be adults, not a teenagers. It's why we're here? No, we're not here to read or see those kind of lack vocabulary, idiotic, nothing constructive, pointless, and waste of time to read post. Not gonna always like what you hear. You're absolutely correct, but there's a fine line between honest and jackass post. If you don't have anything positive or constructive to add to a topic, move on!

mrlewistan on other hand, now that's a honest constructive comment. Wrote it maturely and wrote some specific reason why he doesn't like it. I can take those comments all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlewistan View Post
I dont really like that kit. I really enjoy the sharper featuresof the frs. Plus in my opinion, the main grill istoo similar to a 370z
See the different? If you can't then this debate is over.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #59
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I enjoy, how mods get attacked. lol Yeah keep blaming em! I usually blame @Guff most of the time. It works... but sometimes he gets me back and blames me instead.

Only serious note, there's a fine line between honest & jackass.
Example: Just say I make this body kit & put it on my FRS/BRZ and posting it here.

"This looks like shit" ISN'T honest comment. It's called jackass comment... or you lack vocabulary.
"I don't like it" IS honest comment. Adding a reason why (respectfully) would help w constructive debate (like: "Front bumper isn't my taste, but if you change the front grill part like...")

I have warned & quoted this before (& several mods & admins also)
If you don't have anything positive or constructive to add to a topic, move on!

Trust me, even without jackass comments, thread will still keep going. If it's REALLY horrible thread, LEAVE IT ALONE! let the other topics go on top, so it'll die ASAP! Don't need to drag it out like a zombie that keep coming back alive.

Kinda off-top (well we're in off-topic section anyways lol)
Thanks to all the members reporting all those posts. You guys are helping out A LOT on mods & admin side. Also keeping the forum mature and civilized, you guys are awesome!
Dude. That kit is sick. I wouldn'tt rock it on my DD, but would be first in line for the spoiler though (seriously, I want that spoiler. Make it. Now.)

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #60
ScionRacer

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:

See the difference? If you can't then this debate is over.
ScionRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScionRacer For This Useful Post:
RaceR (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #61
mottor

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Lol @ earlier comments about this thread starting a flame war. Obviously not what I intended, but also not unexpected.

Have to agree with Ichi's main point that terrible ideas will die faster if they're simply not acknowledged rather than giving people a reason to fire back and defend themselves. I started this thread just as a reminder about respect, more or less. Not for people's feelings, their builds, or whatever, but for them as people. No one deserves to be spoken to like an animal.

Two buddies and I went to a local meet just the other night and met a couple of younger kids who were talking about their automatic civics and rims and so on. They jumped in on our conversations regarding having cars tuned and so forth and began asking fairly elementary questions. We tried answering them to the best of our knowledge, though neither of us are particularly knowledgable on the topic of Honda tuning.

When we left our other buddy made fun of their lack of knowledge and asked why we bothered explaining the simple stuff to them. To me that's simple, those kids could have been made fun of and given false information and went on to be ignorant jackasses as they started following suit, or they could learn something and make themselves useful to the car community as a whole. I'd rather contribute to the latter.

In fewer words, there's constructive criticism and there's creative criticism. Only one of the two makes forward progress.
mottor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #62
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
There is a fine line between being blunt/direct and being disrespectful...

Criticisms/opinions are always welcome, but if you're not going to show some class while voicing your opinions and giving suggestions... Please DO NOT post.

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaJo For This Useful Post:
TuxedoCartman (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #63
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Drives: '13 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I enjoy, how mods get attacked. lol Yeah keep blaming em! I usually blame @Guff most of the time. It works... but sometimes he gets me back and blames me instead.

Example: Just say I make this body kit & put it on my FRS/BRZ and posting it here...

"This looks like shit" ISN'T honest comment. It's called jackass comment... or you lack vocabulary.
"I don't like it" IS honest comment. Adding a reason why (respectfully) would help w constructive debate (like: "Front bumper isn't my taste, but if you change the front grill part like...")

Trust me, even without jackass comments, thread will still keep going. If it's REALLY horrible thread, LEAVE IT ALONE! let the other topics go on top, so it'll die ASAP! Don't need to drag it out like a zombie that keep coming back alive.

Thanks to all the members reporting all those posts. You guys are helping out A LOT on mods & admin side. Also keeping the forum mature and civilized, you guys are awesome!
Quote:
No, both sounds like lack vocabulary, idiotic, nothing constructive about it, pointless, and waste of time to read. Don't have nothing to debate or reply to (& usually ignore all those post anyways). So why bother posting to begin with? Again, If you don't have anything positive or constructive to add to a topic, move on! Without those post, thread will still move on... correction, thread will move on smoother.

Pretty simple? No, looks like pretty jackass to me. Man up? No, we need to be adults, not a teenagers. It's why we're here? No, we're not here to read or see those kind of lack vocabulary, idiotic, nothing constructive, pointless, and waste of time to read post. Not gonna always like what you hear. You're absolutely correct, but there's a fine line between honest and jackass post. If you don't have anything positive or constructive to add to a topic, move on!

mrlewistan on other hand, now that's a honest constructive comment. Wrote it maturely and wrote some specific reason why he doesn't like it. I can take those comments all day long.

See the different? If you can't then this debate is over.
Can't... hit... thanks... button... enough!!! Thank you!! 100% spot on!
TuxedoCartman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TuxedoCartman For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #64
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

Example: Just say I make this body kit & put it on my FRS/BRZ and posting it here.

BRUH. YOUR KIT ISN'T MOOGAN.

AND THERES NO GRILL IN THE FRONT. WHERE'S ALL THE DEBREE GOIN' TO GO?

I honestly haven't really got caught up in a flame war yet... I've been in probably.. a good 3ish or so "arguments" with members. One of them.. being I didn't feel like it was a "right" thing to do but of course it was my opinion.

Another was another member attacking me because of one of my posts. Guy decides to call me out on my "driving" skills because I post 2 things I hate most when drivers are inconsiderate. I've seen some crazy shit and I can vouch for the crazy shit I see by asking members who live within the area that experience the same thing.

Last but not least a member decides to call me out because I stated that I hated seeing repeated threads and people who use search aren't really "searching" (I do apologize for those who use tapatalk or what not. That search is incredibly horrible) guy decides to call this forum a forum with jerks. Yea, how the hell am I a jerk because I want to help keep the forum clean of repeated threads?

I don't think I've seen someone rip someone's head off when they rezzed an old thread. I personally do not like being "called-out" for trying to help, but if you're going to pick a fight with me at least have a solid reason that you're doing so.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
Guff (12-15-2012), zenki_levin (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #65
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Giccin, you're dumb.

LET'S GO BRAH!!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
DaJo (12-15-2012), Giccin (12-15-2012), zenki_levin (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #66
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Giccin, you're dumb.

LET'S GO BRAH!!
Do you even lift bro?!

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
DaJo (12-15-2012), zenki_levin (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #67
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Do you even lift bro?!

Bro, do you even shift?
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
zenki_levin (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #68
6-Shift
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Raven, Drifty things
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Bro, do you even shift?
Bro, it's Christmas, do you even gift?
6-Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6-Shift For This Useful Post:
Guff (12-15-2012), zenki_levin (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #69
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
thx for all the lulz brahs
Old 12-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #70
Siberian Husky

Drives: 72 240z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have been an active forum member on several different sites since 2004, when I was first getting into cars. Honda-Tech, Zilvia, Nasioc, IWSTi, ls1tech, rx7club, and many more. I've owned a variety of different cars from Am-muscle to civic hatches.

This forum is still fairly young and the car itself is still growing and maturing; I can tell a lot of positivity in this forum stems from latent excitement about the release of this vehicle, with the vehicle itself and its options/capabilities still being explored, and the fact that this car introduced many people to the tuning scene. I can tell from many posts that there are lots of people with less know-how about car modification or general racing/engineering theory.

I spent most of my time on Zilvia, because the s13 is the car I messed with the most in my life; that place is brutal and even the administrators share the "eat your young" mentality--very little tolerance to ignorance or entry-level questions. On the other hand, however, that place is so incredibly deep with knowledge. The "car build" section alone shows how deep the general knowledge about theory/modification is; lots of guys are doing their own exploratory wiring with unique engine swaps and there is constantly new development in pushing the limits in every aspect. Because of this it served as one of the best resources when tackling difficult problems.

The gt86 is a car that screams function over form and I believe as time goes on and the community matures, I see this forum turning into a place less tolerant of entry level knowledge to remain in pursuit of pushing the car's theoretical potential to the limits. There will, over time, be less threads about what product is better, and less explanations on simply installations like shifter bushings and cosmetic pieces, and more replies urging an OP to "use the search button."

With that said, I'll try and enjoy this innocent time on ft86club before we all turn into assholes. lol
Siberian Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Siberian Husky For This Useful Post:
DaJo (12-18-2012)