follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #71
gwascopter

Drives: MUNI
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khánh View Post
this story reminds me of this haha
i like that little"shitbox".
gwascopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #72
Khánh

Drives: sc00ter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
Oh man, I forgot about this video, so hilarious
haha i truly don't get how the dude went on a rage hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0aded View Post
simple thumbs up is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwascopter View Post
i like that little"shitbox".
his german engingeer is almighty and nothing is worthy haha
Khánh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 AM   #73
Supermassive

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Garage
So I don't feel like making a seperate post about my little incident on the freeway here in phoenix, but it feels like as good a place as any...

So here in Phoenix, every Saturday afternoon/night there is a large car gathering at what we call Pavillions. It's basically a large parking lot for a shopping center, the whole thing is pretty much a get together hosted by the McDonalds there (pretty cool actually). So it's a mix of everything, you never know what will show up...anyways, I was at this last weekend and was heading home afterwards. So I am cruising along in the HOV lane and eventually ended up behind a BMW going about 5mph slower than I wanted to go. I didn't tailgate, so eventually the BMW got out of the HOV lane so I could pass. So I set my cruise control and passed him. As I passed him he started to speed up and pace me...I get paranoid when people do this. So I tried to ignore him and bumped the speed of my cruise control up. So now this guy is doing what I call the "douche move" you know the speed up and slow down thing douches do in their cars to get you to notice and then race them...Well this went on for like 5 minutes and it was getting really annoying so I did what anyone in a Turbo FRS would do...dropped it in third and shot off...needless to say he did catch up to me when i regained my sense, and brought the car down to sane speeds. That's when i noticed what he was driving...a shiny new BMW M3. I grinned to myself, and he left me alone after that.

What I thought was most amusing is why in the hell would a guy in an M3 think challenging an FRS would even be a challenge for him in the first place? Why do people feel the need to antagonize people on a freeway? How shocked would he have to be when he decided to challenge one of the only if not the only FI FR-S/BRZ in Arizona? I don't condone my actions, and I am usually very level headed on the street, but this guy was just on every last nerve I had.
Supermassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #74
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdanisi View Post
Ok from all the feedback I've received don't rev because it's rude. Ok that's fair. Even though I still think that if someone has a nice tuner what's the harm in revving to trigger a short joy ride? And second unless it's another frs don't give compliments because people are inherently jealous. Thanks for the feedback
If by "revving to trigger a short joy ride" you mean revving to generate an improptu street race then there is a lot of potential harm.
strat61caster (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #75
MmmDieselFumes

Drives: .
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Well, I was definitely not sure what the standard protocol for the import crowd was, coming from the offroading/truck world prior to getting my twin either. I think it's just like anything else, you're going to run into super friendly people who're doing bat-shit insane things with a smile on their face looking for fellow compatriots, subdued/laid back people who'll love to chat once you strike up a conversation, and folks who just want to be left the hell alone. All are approached differently, and one must rely on their power of deduction and observation then respond accordingly.

Southern-hospitality: When you know the number of people who have guns outnumbers the number of people who don't, you tend to try to keep things pretty friendly.
Attached Images

Last edited by MmmDieselFumes; 02-07-2013 at 01:48 PM.
MmmDieselFumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #76
sol740

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is that a Sig, or FN? Really like the thin grip, and prefer hammer-fire SA, DA/SA. Can't tell from that angle.
sol740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #77
M1schiev0us

Drives: '06 IS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
So I don't feel like making a seperate post about my little incident on the freeway here in phoenix, but it feels like as good a place as any...
No judgement from me on this one. I hate it when people do that to me. Makes me want to , but my self control usually wins out... usually

Also, you've successfully made me want to FI my eventual FR-S even more. So 255 whp is what it takes to shake off an M3 eh? Duely noted good sir :happy0180:
M1schiev0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #78
Obja

Drives: Raven FRS/c5 Corvette
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIM View Post
First to all, why would you rev?
BAHAHAHAH oh god <3
Obja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #79
dun3

Drives: 2013 Ultra Marine Blue FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Just typical Evo owners (not all, but the majority it seems)
dun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #80
sol740

Quote:
Originally Posted by dun3 View Post
Just typical Evo owners (not all, but the majority it seems)
Meh, I owned an Evo, know a lot of people that owned Evos, I wouldn't label them any better or worse than any other car that attracts younger drivers. Maybe the Evo owners in your neck of the woods suck though.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #81
MmmDieselFumes

Drives: .
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol740 View Post
Is that a Sig, or FN? Really like the thin grip, and prefer hammer-fire SA, DA/SA. Can't tell from that angle.
Sig! Been eyeballing one an FN FiveSeven though. Buuuut I had to go and buy a twin, so that delayed me picking one up for a while lol.

Got that right about the SA,DA/SA! One of the best triggers around, and why I refuse to carry pocket-pistols (though I did like the Nano).

I'm just having a tough dang time finding a place to hide the old girl in the FR-S. It's convenient, quick, and secure where I stuff her now, but I'm sure the plastic is eventually going to get a bit marred. And on a side note, I wish the damn glovebox had a lock on it! Hate having to lock it in the truck every time I have to go into a gubbment building and can't carry it on me...
MmmDieselFumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #82
dun3

Drives: 2013 Ultra Marine Blue FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol740 View Post
Meh, I owned an Evo, know a lot of people that owned Evos, I wouldn't label them any better or worse than any other car that attracts younger drivers. Maybe the Evo owners in your neck of the woods suck though.
yeah, actually I think it may just be in my neck of the woods. I used to own a N/A Lancer and it was slower than most turtles, and of course I dreamt of an Evo but $ wouldnt allow me. So I just modded the Lancer a bit, but got hated on from Evo owners because it wasnt an Evo. One even asked why I'm at the meet for, I'm not an Evo owner.
dun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #83
sol740

Quote:
Originally Posted by dun3 View Post
yeah, actually I think it may just be in my neck of the woods. I used to own a N/A Lancer and it was slower than most turtles, and of course I dreamt of an Evo but $ wouldnt allow me. So I just modded the Lancer a bit, but got hated on from Evo owners because it wasnt an Evo. One even asked why I'm at the meet for, I'm not an Evo owner.

Ahhh, not much worse than car elitists.