follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook. Interested in the FT-1? Check out FT1Club
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 05-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #3683
drummerboy121494

Drives: 10 Series FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
this will not work at all and with flares youll need serious camber

this is 17x10.5-30 and 18x12.5 -10 with -5 camber in the front and -2 in the rear

Your car looks great!
Alright so I just did a bunch of calculating... To pull this off WITHOUT pulling my fender more I will need -15.5 degrees of camber in the rear and -16 up front. But it IS in fact doable. Took me kind of a while to figure out how I would calculate it but I got it. I would need new rear upper control arms as well as front lower control arms (possibly front upper as well). I think -16 is a little much for me though, I really would like less than -12 so I think with how I figured this out I will see what the max width I can run is and also look into pulling my fenders more. If I am able to pull both front and rear fenders 1" that will decrease the camber to -11.75 rear and -12.25 front. That is still VERY aggressive camber though... I guess we shall see!
drummerboy121494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #3684
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy121494 View Post
Your car looks great!
Alright so I just did a bunch of calculating... To pull this off WITHOUT pulling my fender more I will need -15.5 degrees of camber in the rear and -16 up front. But it IS in fact doable. Took me kind of a while to figure out how I would calculate it but I got it. I would need new rear upper control arms as well as front lower control arms (possibly front upper as well). I think -16 is a little much for me though, I really would like less than -12 so I think with how I figured this out I will see what the max width I can run is and also look into pulling my fenders more. If I am able to pull both front and rear fenders 1" that will decrease the camber to -11.75 rear and -12.25 front. That is still VERY aggressive camber though... I guess we shall see!
drummerboy, your describing an impossible situation.. PLEASE do not order wheels in this size.

^^ This is a wheel at -12 camber (it takes extensive modification of nearly EVERY suspension piece to get this extreme)

simply would not fit into the stock wheel well .. you'd rub on the inside/outside.. everywhere

why are you set on a 13" wide wheel? Literally NO-ONE is running this wide. even the wide body guys stick to 12.5"

your nuts...
VIP BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #3685
evomike

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Your car looks great!
there is absolutely no point to doing this setup and the car will be completely un derivable with that camber, but you should try it and post pictures.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomike For This Useful Post:
Pekingduck (05-12-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #3686
drummerboy121494

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP BRZ View Post
drummerboy, your describing an impossible situation.. PLEASE do not order wheels in this size.

^^ This is a wheel at -12 camber (it takes extensive modification of nearly EVERY suspension piece to get this extreme)

simply would not fit into the stock wheel well .. you'd rub on the inside/outside.. everywhere

why are you set on a 13" wide wheel? Literally NO-ONE is running this wide. even the wide body guys stick to 12.5"

your nuts...

It is mostly hypothetical, there are other issues with the setup other than rubbing and suspension mods, I just figured for the "Aggressive Wheels" thread it would be a good place to bring it up. GRANTED it would be awesome, but I am more looking for 18x11 -22, and then I was thinking "why not wider??" but with it also comes really expensive tires and the cost of an 18x13 custom wheel set up. The reason I was set on 13 is because, as far as I know, no one has done it without a wide body and I wanted to see if it was possible. But at the moment my budget will not allow for $6000+ set of wheels, $2300+ control arm set up, and $800+ tires. I'm trying to only buy wheels and not a bunch of supporting mods.

P.S. is that a pic of _k1ll1onaire_'s car? (don't mind the spelling, its probably wrong)
The Following User Says Thank You to drummerboy121494 For This Useful Post:
VIP BRZ (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #3687
drummerboy121494

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
there is absolutely no point to doing this setup and the car will be completely un derivable with that camber, but you should try it and post pictures.

If only my wallet would allow it...
Old 05-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #3688
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
P.S. is that a pic of _k1ll1onaire_'s car? (don't mind the spelling, its probably wrong)
it is, he has since sold the car though. sadly
VIP BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:41 AM   #3689
oggoldfish69

Drives: Gucci Fr-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Ok stock tires on 17x9.5 +20
Rear camber is all stock, sitting on pbm coils with front camber nearly stock.

Yes im going to drop it more and take better pics. Just got back from tire shop and snapped this pic.

Ok took a couple days of hand tools in the street but... here she is!

But i have the slightest *clank* from my pbm lower arms. Anybody else have this problem? About to start a thread i think. Its slight but im scared to drive as hard as i usually do.
its gucci I have the same sound in my car and also my friend does too. Nothing to really worry about.
oggoldfish69 is offline   Reply With Quote