follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #1863
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you mean the SSpeaker cover?
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #1864
NevAlexander

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to NevAlexander
I hate, that i can't move sideways (drifting) all the time! So i hate all the traffic at once))))
NevAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #1865
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Things I dislike, hate is such a strong word.
- the intake resonator (loud noises are for the sorry sob's behind me)
- oem wheel width (I like the looks, but an 8" stocker would have been much better imo)
- the head unit is a pain in the butt to use, especially while driving.

Things I actually don't miss that I thought I would miss
-sun/moonroof, my QX4 had one that I used a lot. I honestly hadn't thought about it since I first drive my BRZ until I saw this thread.
-automatic climate control and leather seats, the brz premium is quite a bit more comfortable than I was expecting.
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #1866
Opethfan

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I hate that this thread was started. Who join's a forum to bitch about the car they just got lol? If you have not learned by now that nothing in life is perfect then give it a few more years to sink in

Maybe if the thread was called "things that can be improved" but "hate" ?

What happened to being happy that you can buy such a sweet car. You could be driving a old piece of crap that barley gets you where you need to go.

If you know the goal they had while building the car then you knew what you were getting. A car that most people can afford to buy that looks amazing and is fun as hell to drive. You knew it would be a bit low on power and may not have the best interior or electronics in able to make it affordable. If any of that bothers you then why did you buy it?

I am just so thankful that Toyota/Subaru invested in this car. They brought back my love for cars. Not since the early 90's has there been a car that was so cool that most people could buy. Long live JDM!!
Attached Images

Opethfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Opethfan For This Useful Post:
Fish Eagle (12-12-2013), humfrz (12-12-2013), JB86'd (12-12-2013), PabloN (12-12-2013), RFB (12-12-2013), Rio (12-12-2013), Soulman03 (12-12-2013), Turkish (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #1867
Jac

Drives: Fiat Abarth
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
1. 2nd gear on cold starts
2. GPS/bluetooth/voice commands
3. Buzzing noise while HVAC/fan/heater is on
4. Trucks attempting to merge into you on the highway

Strangely, i kinda like the torque dip, gives the car character. I like the anticipation of hitting 4.5k knowing i'll get that kick in power.
Jac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #1868
N_A

Drives: 2013 Raven
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac View Post
1. 2nd gear on cold starts
2. GPS/bluetooth/voice commands
3. Buzzing noise while HVAC/fan/heater is on
4. Trucks attempting to merge into you on the highway

Strangely, i kinda like the torque dip, gives the car character. I like the anticipation of hitting 4.5k knowing i'll get that kick in power.
What torque dip? I shift at 3k rpm so that's not a problem for me. Gotta get my 30 mpg. It's not easy let me tell you.
N_A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N_A For This Useful Post:
eyedeez (04-04-2014)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #1869
Rio

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S ハチ
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
AMÉN, @Opethfan!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #1870
N1rve

Few more things to add to the list for my 10 Series FRS...

This "smart" key isn't really that smart.

When I get out of the car with the car still on, I cannot lock the car with the remote.

Scenario: Arrived at the house, the gate is closed, get out of the car to open the gate.

Another thing about this smart key access is when I can actually lock the door with the car still on, I cannot open the door with the key. Unlock button doesn't work and neither does the door handle.

I have to take out the physical key to unlock the door. As much as I hate to say it...Nissan has the intelligent key down. (Came from a lemon Nissan)

Another thing that I hate is the location of the trunk lock, especially with the small key provided with the smart key access, it's a PITA to unlock that thing.

I also hate how the ODO/DISP/MPH button near the dash, do not light up.... I'm so surprised these 3 things don't light up. Not sure if it's only my car

This car has an odd mix of luxury features and some really really stripped out features.

I understand that this car is supposed to be "sporty" and "driver oriented"...but really... I do not need a touch sensor handle. A simple button on the handle would be a lot better.

This actually makes it a little complicated in opening the passenger door. Today I realized that every time I open my car from the driver door, I need to reach down and unlock the doors by pressing the unlock switch on the door.

I would rather have a button on the handle where I press once to unlock driver door, twice to unlock all doors, and one more time to lock all doors.

But HOW CAN THEY INCLUDE THIS HANDLE AND NOT AN AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCK!?

Frameless windows that come up and down? Rather have a framed door.... less moving parts, less to break down. Rather have my three glowing buttons (ODO/DISP/MPH), than to have frameless windows.

Lastly the trunk, the way it opens is NOT smooth. Could someone please check this on your car?

For my car... it opens 3/4...hesitates and then opens the full amount. It's not smooth.... Is this just my car?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #1871
arashishozen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Few more things to add to the list for my 10 Series FRS...

This "smart" key isn't really that smart.

When I get out of the car with the car still on, I cannot lock the car with the remote.

Scenario: Arrived at the house, the gate is closed, get out of the car to open the gate.

Another thing about this smart key access is when I can actually lock the door with the car still on, I cannot open the door with the key. Unlock button doesn't work and neither does the door handle.

I have to take out the physical key to unlock the door. As much as I hate to say it...Nissan has the intelligent key down. (Came from a lemon Nissan)

Another thing that I hate is the location of the trunk lock, especially with the small key provided with the smart key access, it's a PITA to unlock that thing.

I also hate how the ODO/DISP/MPH button near the dash, do not light up.... I'm so surprised these 3 things don't light up. Not sure if it's only my car

This car has an odd mix of luxury features and some really really stripped out features.

I understand that this car is supposed to be "sporty" and "driver oriented"...but really... I do not need a touch sensor handle. A simple button on the handle would be a lot better.

This actually makes it a little complicated in opening the passenger door. Today I realized that every time I open my car from the driver door, I need to reach down and unlock the doors by pressing the unlock switch on the door.

I would rather have a button on the handle where I press once to unlock driver door, twice to unlock all doors, and one more time to lock all doors.

But HOW CAN THEY INCLUDE THIS HANDLE AND NOT AN AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCK!?

Frameless windows that come up and down? Rather have a framed door.... less moving parts, less to break down. Rather have my three glowing buttons (ODO/DISP/MPH), than to have frameless windows.

Lastly the trunk, the way it opens is NOT smooth. Could someone please check this on your car?

For my car... it opens 3/4...hesitates and then opens the full amount. It's not smooth.... Is this just my car?
Just you. I have a 13 and everything works great. However seeing as I didn't have an intelligent key just the normal fob I can't say. But everything in the fob works.

Glad to see the I key from Nissan works outside work lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #1872
N1rve

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashishozen View Post
Just you. I have a 13 and everything works great. However seeing as I didn't have an intelligent key just the normal fob I can't say. But everything in the fob works.

Glad to see the I key from Nissan works outside work lol.

Does your trunk open smoothly?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #1873
arashishozen

Quote:
Does your trunk open smoothly?
Mhm. Pops up, I give it the lil tug to get it going and it gOes right on up

Last edited by arashishozen; 12-18-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #1874
N1rve

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashishozen View Post
Mhm. Pops up, I give it the lil tug to get it going and it gOes right on up

Does it slow down before it reaches all the way up? Or does it go all the way up in 1 smooth motion?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #1875
arashishozen

Quote:
Does it slow down before it reaches all the way up? Or does it go all the way up in 1 smooth motion?
One fluid motion.. does not allow or anything

Old 12-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #1876
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech4pdx View Post
No torque. Even with all the superchargers and turbos out there. Miss my V8. The rumble, miss the rumble..

Might have to change plans and swap to LSx instead of messing with the boxer.
Looks like you bought the wrong car...
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants