follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
Tmadden18

Drives: 2015 BRZ Blue Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Borla Uel headers + Injen SES exhaust.

Noob question. Does anyone have this build and know if the Borla Uel headers will work with the Injen SES exhaust? I bought the Borla Uel because I loved the performance and sound and I was ready to purchase the borla catback, but a friend of mine at Injen had an exhaust laying around for free that he is sending out to me. I just want to know if this exhaust will fit the headers.
Tmadden18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
WhiteFRS69

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,432 Times in 756 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
yes it will work

the SES exhaust hooks up the the factory front pipe no problem

the Borla header will hook up to the factory Over pipe no problem
WhiteFRS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Drives: '16 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmadden18 View Post
Noob question. Does anyone have this build and know if the Borla Uel headers will work with the Injen SES exhaust? I bought the Borla Uel because I loved the performance and sound and I was ready to purchase the borla catback, but a friend of mine at Injen had an exhaust laying around for free that he is sending out to me. I just want to know if this exhaust will fit the headers.

Our exhaust is a 5 piece system.. Headers, Overpipe, Front Pipe (2ndary Cat), Mid Pipe, Axle Back. Most exhaust systems are considered catback, which would be your axle back + mid pipe, mounts to factory catted front pipe. Did you replace this when you put the header on? or are you still using stock exhaust? If so, it'll mount up no problem. Just make sure you rock a full 2.5in exhaust lol

Tags
borla, brz, exhaust, headers, injen