follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 08-22-2019, 09:37 PM   #1289
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
My wife and I joke about this all the time since she is 5.5 years younger than me. It was fine when we met and she had just turned 22 and I was 27. Wouldn't have gone so well if we had meet when I was just turning 22 and she was 15.
It certainly didn't go well for that prom kid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-23-2019), Tcoat (08-25-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 09:48 PM   #1290
Sapphireho
Pressure fried

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,204 Times in 8,592 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm 56 and my wife of 23 years is 18.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-23-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 10:03 PM   #1291
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,569 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I was sitting at a stoplight, heading to the gym yesterday. A new white corolla hatchback pulls up next to me and rolls her window down. The first thing she said was, "You like yellow, don't you!" I figured she was talking about my car. Then I realized I was wearing a yellow shirt and my fitness watch has yellow straps. So I suppose I do. We both got a good laugh out of it.
We proceeded to chat for about a minute. She complimented my car and I the same for hers. She even said she test drove a BRZ and almost bought one but needed a little more practicality. It was a wholesome, quick, chat.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (08-25-2019), korhun (08-23-2019), Overdrive (08-30-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #1292
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Got asked the other day at the beach if this was the new Supra... That's a first for me. 99.9% of people around here are completely uninterested in vehicles in general (other than which badge advertises you make the most money), so the fact that they even knew about the Supra and associated the general shape of the 86 with it was somewhat encouraging..
HachiRokuX (08-25-2019), Jordanwolf (08-26-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #1293
N_Raged

Drives: 2019 BRZ Sport-Tech RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I was sitting at a stoplight, heading to the gym yesterday. A new white corolla hatchback pulls up next to me and rolls her window down. The first thing she said was, "You like yellow, don't you!" I figured she was talking about my car. Then I realized I was wearing a yellow shirt and my fitness watch has yellow straps. So I suppose I do. We both got a good laugh out of it.
We proceeded to chat for about a minute. She complimented my car and I the same for hers. She even said she test drove a BRZ and almost bought one but needed a little more practicality. It was a wholesome, quick, chat.
Did you get her phone number?
Seriously though, the new Corolla is a good car. Especially the 2020 Corolla Sedan XSE (dat ass!) - I couldn't believe I was looking at a Corolla when I saw one on the road.

Now for my story: I made a late night trip to Walmart the other day. When I was leaving the store and walking back to my car the teenage employee who gathers the shopping carts was losing his mind over my stock red BRZ (w/ performance pack). He was shouting (to himself) "that red Subaru is so nice!". Kinda strange him talking to himself aloud like that but it was humbling that it made his day.
N_Raged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:06 PM   #1294
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,569 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Raged View Post
Did you get her phone number?
Seriously though, the new Corolla is a good car. Especially the 2020 Corolla Sedan XSE (dat ass!) - I couldn't believe I was looking at a Corolla when I saw one on the road.

Now for my story: I made a late night trip to Walmart the other day. When I was leaving the store and walking back to my car the teenage employee who gathers the shopping carts was losing his mind over my stock red BRZ (w/ performance pack). He was shouting (to himself) "that red Subaru is so nice!". Kinda strange him talking to himself aloud like that but it was humbling that it made his day.
Sadly I did not get her number lol
But I agree, I really like the new hatches. She had hers decked out with the nicer wheels and rear spoiler piece. I didn't ask if it was manual, but I should have!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:21 PM   #1295
James H

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Sadly I did not get her number lol
But I agree, I really like the new hatches. She had hers decked out with the nicer wheels and rear spoiler piece. I didn't ask if it was manual, but I should have!

If you did, it wouldn't have been just a wholesome chat She mentioned practicality so it could be for a baby seat! Reminds of that Chevy Chase and Christine Brinkley scene in Vacation.
James H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to James H For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #1296
arkanist

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited, Stock
Pulled up to a brunch spot shortly after installing my catback and had a guy ask me if I had swapped the engine.
arkanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:35 PM   #1297
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,164 Times in 3,461 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I'm 56 and my wife of 23 years is 18.

What's that saying... 'you're only as old as the woman you feel'..
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
Sapphireho (08-23-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 03:45 PM   #1298
guitarman

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
add another one to the 8 year olds that love these cars: was going through the shopping mall parking lot yesterday when a young girl walking with her family through the lot yells to her Dad while pointing at me passing through.....”daddy, I love that car!”. :-)

....what is it about these cars and the under-10 crowd??

guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:47 AM   #1299
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,673 Times in 993 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Two encounters this week.

Encounter#1:

Guy in a white C class: yo what kind of car is that?
Me: it’s a Toyota
Guy: *eyes widen* WHAT?! Get the hell outta here man, I thought it was a Lambo or somethin
Me: that’s cause it’s red haha
Guy: looks fucking sick man!

Encounter #2:
Guy: hey what car is that?
Me: it’s a toyota
Guy: oh really? *looks at it again* ...it’s fancy!
Will BRZ (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #1300
Feistyfrog

Drives: Toyota 86 2019
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
First akward moment after 5 months with my 86. I've had the usual "what car is this?" and the "is it fast, it looks fast" a couple of times, like every other twin owner.

But today, I closed my store at 6PM and went in the alley in the back to get to my car. There were 3 kids (about 8 or 9 years old, I don't know) starring at my car. It took a while for them to see me so I could hear them talking. It was in french, but was something like: "I'm sure it is one, my brother knows about them, we should go get him".

I thought they were fan of the twins and his brother was older, so he knows "things". This is where it became weird...

I get to my car, they see me (they are like 5 feet from me) and they stare but don't talk. I'm a nice gentlement, who hates akward silence, so I say hello, get in and start the car.

Then, one of them knocks on my window and looked very excited. I drop down the window and he said:"Nice Ferrari sir!". The other two started talking all at the same time and in lots of confusion I heard things like:"How fast do it go?" or "How much do it cost?" or "Can you escape police cars?". I was just laughing out loud because they looked so impressed to be beside such an exotic car, for them at least. I just couldn't crush their excitement with the truth that it's a Toyota and it's priced about the same as their mom's car.

I asked them about school and told them to keep studying so they could afford their dream car one day and I left with these three looking in total admiration.

So, I feel bad for not telling the truth to kids but at the same time I feel like it doesn't really matter. We all got a good time out of it and they have a good story for school tomorrow.

Am I a bad person because of that?
Feistyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Feistyfrog For This Useful Post:
Dirty Harry (09-19-2019), Impureclient (09-18-2019), Pat (09-19-2019), qcbaker (09-20-2019), soundman98 (09-18-2019), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (09-19-2019), trvth (10-09-2019), weederr33 (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #1301
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feistyfrog View Post
First akward moment after 5 months with my 86. I've had the usual "what car is this?" and the "is it fast, it looks fast" a couple of times, like every other twin owner.

But today, I closed my store at 6PM and went in the alley in the back to get to my car. There were 3 kids (about 8 or 9 years old, I don't know) starring at my car. It took a while for them to see me so I could hear them talking. It was in french, but was something like: "I'm sure it is one, my brother knows about them, we should go get him".

I thought they were fan of the twins and his brother was older, so he knows "things". This is where it became weird...

I get to my car, they see me (they are like 5 feet from me) and they stare but don't talk. I'm a nice gentlement, who hates akward silence, so I say hello, get in and start the car.

Then, one of them knocks on my window and looked very excited. I drop down the window and he said:"Nice Ferrari sir!". The other two started talking all at the same time and in lots of confusion I heard things like:"How fast do it go?" or "How much do it cost?" or "Can you escape police cars?". I was just laughing out loud because they looked so impressed to be beside such an exotic car, for them at least. I just couldn't crush their excitement with the truth that it's a Toyota and it's priced about the same as their mom's car.

I asked them about school and told them to keep studying so they could afford their dream car one day and I left with these three looking in total admiration.

So, I feel bad for not telling the truth to kids but at the same time I feel like it doesn't really matter. We all got a good time out of it and they have a good story for school tomorrow.

Am I a bad person because of that?
Lol great story. I mean it's not like you lied or anything lol you just didn't tell the whole truth. Now if they go and find out the truth and come back to see you...
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will BRZ For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-18-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 12:13 AM   #1302
Dirty Harry

Drives: 2013 BRZ Satin White Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will BRZ View Post
Lol great story. I mean it's not like you lied or anything lol you just didn't tell the whole truth. Now if they go and find out the truth and come back to see you...
Ditto, very good story. I must admit I’ve had people think it is a lot more expensive than what it is. I guess to some 9 year olds that haven’t seen a lot of sports cars it would look exotic, even more so if it’s modded.
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote