follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #155
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vten View Post
I agree ... But most of can tunes are safe to drive around but not max to it potential. I'll get some real tuner to do In house tuning so I don't have to wait on their "game " eventhough the service is paid for .
Toni doesn't do canned tunes. He sends you a tune from a similarly modified car. And sometimes it isn't the best. He relies no the IAM and other parts to factor in. Let me PM you my contact, ill review your logs and tell you if its running alright. I just inspected a vehicle that had a "basemap" from him NA that was running mid 13's AFR through a lot of the power band, then pissing fuel and knocking everywhere, it couldn't get over 0.68 IAM, and was typically below 0.50 IAM.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #156
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
It's understandable not wanting to leave negative comments on a vendor until all your products and/or services are received. But PLEASE put your honest thoughts as feedback on their appropriate page when your business is completed with them.

I am planning and FI build in another year or so and do all my research here. Threads like these are very helpful to people like me (and there are more than you know as many are lurkers, not posters).
I can't believe that my negative feedback is the first?
Anyone looking at this would have thought there were no problems when this forum is full of complaints about FA20club.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/member.php?u=16043
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #157
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
I left a negative feedback review.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #158
sierra

I just got my Fedex label to send the overpipe back.

I will modify my feedback if I can, to be fair to Toni. It's a bit late but it's here and after all the bad posts I feel privileged.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #159
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
i guess you havent been ho,e yet since your package was delivered at 12:02 today the eutek was boxed in its own package
FA20Club.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #160
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra View Post
I just got my Fedex label to send the overpipe back.

I will modify my feedback if I can, to be fair to Toni. It's a bit late but it's here and after all the bad posts I feel privileged.
In my opinion;

Positive Feedback means that the order was shipped quickly, communication was great, and there were no hiccups. The vendor continues to offer support if need be.

Neutral Feedback means that there may have been unexpected delays in shipment, long delays for responses, maybe one return if the vendor fixes it quickly (i.e. overnights a part)

Negative Feedback means lies, no shipping statuses, incorrect parts, billing issues, poor fitment, etc. In this case, Toni at FA20Club clearly falls into this category for all of the aforementioned reasons and more. (at least in my case)
Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #161
sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by woode View Post
In my opinion;

Positive Feedback means that the order was shipped quickly, communication was great, and there were no hiccups. The vendor continues to offer support if need be.

Neutral Feedback means that there may have been unexpected delays in shipment, long delays for responses, maybe one return if the vendor fixes it quickly (i.e. overnights a part)

Negative Feedback means lies, no shipping statuses, incorrect parts, billing issues, poor fitment, etc. In this case, Toni at FA20Club clearly falls into this category for all of the aforementioned reasons and more. (at least in my case)
I agree.
It's important to me that I don't post anything that's incorrect and I need to change or remove my feedback to suit the current circumstances.

How do we do that?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #162
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra View Post
I agree.
It's important to me that I don't post anything that's incorrect and I need to change or remove my feedback to suit the current circumstances.

How do we do that?
Not sure. If I had to take a guess.. maybe an admin can modify it?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #163
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
i guess you havent been ho,e yet since your package was delivered at 12:02 today the eutek was boxed in its own package
Would ya look at that. I came in thru my garage. It was left at side door, and since you never gave me a tracking number I wasn't expecting it.

I see you overnighted it, so clearly it wasn't shipped when you originally said. At least you are trying though. Now, if only you would be transparent and admit to your shortcomings maybe you could start to turn things around.

Like others have said, I am not sure if you are having issues with your fabricator or what.. but communication is what is killing it. If at the beginning you would have just told me to expect a couple week delay instead of lying all the time - I would have been 100% okay with it.

FYI, the oil lines for the turbo aren't assembled for some reason (i have the fittings and the braided line).. easy enough fix for me as I make these for aircraft all the time but considering its supposed to be a bolt-on kit, some might be frustrated with that.

Another piece of constructive criticism for you if you are willing to take it; ship an inventory with the kit. Then, before every order ships have yourself or one of your employees (if you have any?) check it and sign it off. You know - like at McDonalds on the outside of the bag it shows someone checked your order before handing it to you? Then, when the customer receives it they can check it as well. Right now, I went through everything and it looks to be all there but its kind of a mess.

I will most likely be installing it this friday.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #164
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
your first box had a inventory sheet in it right on top of the intercooler and the drain line is not pre assembled the line is cut to length though. we have never sent out a pre assembled line. then i would be blamed if it leakedthe install guide also has it on the last few pages and is available to be viewed via scribd online
FA20Club.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #165
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
your first box had a inventory sheet in it right on top of the intercooler and the drain line is not pre assembled the line is cut to length though. the install guide also has it on the last few pages and is available to be viewed via scribd online
I didn't see an inventory sheet, but if it was loose it was probably ruined.. all my boxes were tore open and soaking wet when I got them.

Link to install guide?

Also, which ROM on the ECUTek is the basemap for the .60 trim UEL turbo setup? there are like 15 ROMS on there

If I can say anything positive at all, it would be that my garage floor is now covered in packing peanuts. lots and lots.. of packing peanuts.

After further examination.. the K&N filter is smashed in on one side pretty bad.

Last edited by woode; 01-14-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #166
j.F.c.R.a.S

Drives: rx8. frs.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Toni, if you read this. I just want to know if my car was running okay.
j.F.c.R.a.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #167
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Guys who have ever bought anything from FA20Club should denifinitely leave feedback whether it be positive or negative. One thing is do hate is when people who have never bought anything from a vendor posts negative remarks just because they feel the vendor is doing a piss poor job, sometimes that masks my decision making. Toni has definitely made mistakes on the way things have gone from offering tapped oil pans for exchange and loaner cables whiched delayed full orders (he has gotten rid of those options), incorrect lead times, not enough man power for the influx of work coming in. For the most part my experience with Toni has been good and this back from the end of July. He did did quote me 4-6 weeks for my kit, but as the timeframe closed in he gave me excuse to why the kit would be backed up which is better than nothing. Most of my communication with him and Andy were via email and for the most part they answered the same day there would be an instance where I would email on a Friday and not here back by Monday or Tuesday but then I would follow up. Most if everything I received seemed OK, welds look good ( just hoping I don't run into an issue in the future). I had my car tuned locally only because I like the idea of having my tuner local and he's pretty awesome. Personally I'm happy with my kit thus far and have told people who PM asking what I thought my honest opinion. Toni needs to refocus on his business management to work out these issues because they are fixable, if not We know what happens.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #168
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55840

There's a link to my thread on the up pipe. Several of the pieces in this kit are complete garbage. I don't know who the hell taught one of the welder's at FA20Club to weld (or wherever they source the welding out to?) but they need to be fired.

So set aside Toni being a liar and taking forever to ship, lets look at the quality of the kit:

Up pipe is garbage welds.
All exhaust flanges are garbage welds.
K&N Filter came in smashed.
Turbo doesn't come tapped/drilled for wastegate line.
Oil drain line doesn't come assembled.
No vacuum lines included for wastegate, etc.

To be honest, it looks like the R&D behind the kit is there. It just looks like they need to find somebody who knows how to weld and find somebody who knows how to manage a business. Not sure where that leaves Toni..

Last edited by woode; 01-16-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Tags
droppingtheballtoni, fab-worx/rda limited, fckuporderagaintoni, fixitagaintoni, no fire yet, shutup&shipmyturbo, toniscustomerservicesucks