follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Xbox One vs PS4
Xbox One 138 30.13%
PS4 283 61.79%
Undecided 56 12.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #617
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,140 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Where's the PC option?
Iknowright?
The PC market is ever present and will not be going anywhere for a long, long time. PC's are constantly evolving, and already have available hardware well beyond what the PS4 and XB1 are using. the console advantage is is convenience, ease of operation, and they are focus-built and identical, so software can be coded to be more and more efficient and impressive as time passes.

As far as gamers are concerned, the PC will always hold the bleeding edge of consumer tech, and will always have the edge on hardware capability and hardware/software customizability. The downside is that it's more expensive, have a steeper learning curve, and there's more maintenance.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #618
DylanFRS
Lost in Kansas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Raven)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Iknowright?
The PC market is ever present and will not be going anywhere for a long, long time. PC's are constantly evolving, and already have available hardware well beyond what the PS4 and XB1 are using. the console advantage is is convenience, ease of operation, and they are focus-built and identical, so software can be coded to be more and more efficient and impressive as time passes.

As far as gamers are concerned, the PC will always hold the bleeding edge of consumer tech, and will always have the edge on hardware capability and hardware/software customizability. The downside is that it's more expensive, have a steeper learning curve, and there's more maintenance.
I jump between console and PC. My only gripe with PC, and this goes with PS/Xbox as well, is that such a small amount of games are exclusive anymore. It is hard to find games that can use my PC to its full capacity because they are all cross-platform. Granted, I think you run into the same thing with PS/Xbox. Cross-platform games are never as good as exclusives.
DylanFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #619
speedy07

Drives: 2015 Subaru Brz Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You should let us re-vote because i'm sure since the Xbox policies have changed many people could possibly switch back to Xbox and the poll would look different.
speedy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speedy07 For This Useful Post:
VADER (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #620
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottopilot View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I'm an old gamer (used to be hardcore in my teen years) but all I wanted was better graphics without all the doodads that are just there to take money out of your pockets (the problem comes when you have to pay for things you don't use). There's so much ways to watch movies and series now I think the xbox one is great if you want a one solution for all but alot of people like me, (and most of my friends!) just want a console to turn one and play games on it..just like all my old console I ever had.

I really hate that the ps4 will requires PS+ to play online. But I guess that's the way the world goes now.
exactly my point, and yeah it kinda sucks you have to have a PS+ service fee to playonline, just as xboxlive, its not as bad as you think it is, $50-$60 a year is quickly forgettable..even for someone who is unemployed. Game disk prices however are not forgettable.

I believe as an old gamer like yourself, the OUYA console is going to be a BIG hit.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #621
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy07 View Post
You should let us re-vote because i'm sure since the Xbox policies have changed many people could possibly switch back to Xbox and the poll would look different.
I saw that MS had verbally backtracked on some of their more draconian plans for the XBOX one, but have they officially changed the policies yet?
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #622
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy07 View Post
How do I do that?
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #623
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBacon1052 View Post
How do I do that?
I think someone with admin powers would need to...or you could make a 2nd thread.

Edit, looks like you just did!
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shagaliscious For This Useful Post:
DBacon1052 (06-21-2013), M-17 (06-24-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #624
DBacon1052

Garage
Revote: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39726
Old 06-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #625
DBacon1052

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
I saw that MS had verbally backtracked on some of their more draconian plans for the XBOX one, but have they officially changed the policies yet?
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
The Following User Says Thank You to DBacon1052 For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #626
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
Having sold 77 million units each, prices can come down substantially for both. For quite a while PS3 was still significantly more money than even the highest model 360. It wasn't until price drops that things started evening out. I get that prices are maybe a little slanted in PS3s favor now, but once profit margins are cleared, it's up to manufacturers mostly to dictate what the prices are. Everyone was shocked at E3 that the new "super slim" 360 didn't get another price drop. But they assume it will come down closer to X1/PS4 launch time.

A side note on the controllers, I'd much rather have removable battery packs than have a controller that, if the batteries are dead, won't function without being plugged in, nor will it charge while the system is off. MS gives the option of a rechargeable battery pack and the cord is like 10 feet long. The cord provided with my PS3 is like 2 and a half feet and doesn't even make it from the entertainment center to the couch. Forcing me to buy another USB cable that no other device in my house uses, or sit on the floor close enough that I could play without yanking out the cable. The other big thing that I mentioned earlier was the HD cables. BLEW MY MIND. PS3 was supposed to be this huge powerful graphics beast machine. Yet, ships with red white yellow RCA cables.... Back in 2006 and 2007, the price of an HDMI cable was about the same as 360's rechargeable battery pack.
I never got a HDMI cord with my 250GB 360 either. But the battery packs that MS offers for the 360 was the worst rechargeable junk ever. Regular batteries last longer and when I had my PS3 the batteries lasted a hell of a long time before it died. There was plenty of reasons why the PS3 cost more than the 360 and like I said back in 06 the price of a Blu-Ray player eclipsed every gaming system at the time in price.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #627
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango22 View Post
Lol...Stop deflecting the truth. Something tells me u work for MS or have been employeed to do damage control. Passive aggressive tactics dont work. :-)
Waiting 4 ur next trite response to blindly defend the x-bone.
Never blindly defend. I personally would not have been affected by any of the "over-reaching" policies originally announced. And I absolutely loved the idea of instant sharing, playing from the cloud, and co-op with a single copy of the game. You can read through this thread and see me hold that consistent view the whole way.

I was actually HARDCORE Sony fanboy for most of my gaming life. From 1995 and the original Playstation all the way through the end of PS2's lifespan. It wasn't until the 360 that I discovered what a comfortable and amazing controller could feel like, and what a robust and lively online network could function like. Then when PS3 came out at $600 with no reputable launch titles, a rehash of the same old controller (that didn't even have rumble), and a wonky, unreliable, sparse online structure that for six years had no cross game chat, and for two years had absolutely no achievement/trophy system.

Sony was hit hard, especially in the US where the 360 handily outsold it about 2:1. They worked hard and built up features, released stellar AAA titles, added a lot of things people wanted, and are riding a wave of popularity that they spent the past 3 or 4 years earning.

Microsoft, sitting comfortably on it's huge North American market share (and breaking even 50:50 world-wide) decided to take a leap into the future of media distribution. A system that has existed for movies and music for about a decade now. But the industry wasn't ready for it. People still think that having a disc means you own the content on it. You don't. If you read the fine print, you're still just buying the rights to use it and are strictly limited from doing certain things with it (copying it and selling it, for example). To make a system like that work, you would need some kind of network connection; there's really no way around it. This is 2013, and if you don't have either a cell phone or an internet connection, then a $500 console is probably the least of your worries.

Long story short is exactly what I said:

The propose a whole bunch of cool new features that require things people complained about.

They removed those requirements (thus removing many of the features) and people still complained anyway.

If after all that you somehow feel MS doesn't care about its customers (as in cares about them enough to change the essence that the console was BASED AROUND to meet the desires of rabid internet fanboys) then odds are nothing would sway your mind and you would have never bought one anyway. Lucky for me, my roommate is getting a PS4 and I am getting the X1.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cfusionpm For This Useful Post:
speedy07 (06-22-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #628
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-FT86 View Post
I never got a HDMI cord with my 250GB 360 either. But the battery packs that MS offers for the 360 was the worst rechargeable junk ever. Regular batteries last longer and when I had my PS3 the batteries lasted a hell of a long time before it died. There was plenty of reasons why the PS3 cost more than the 360 and like I said back in 06 the price of a Blu-Ray player eclipsed every gaming system at the time in price.
Did you get the component cables? My regular model came with them back on launch in 2005. Had optical audio out built into the plug as well. I still use that plug today with an optical audio cable for 5.1 surround.

And bluray is exactly the reason I bought my PS3. When other players were equal or more money, I said sod-off. But a few years later, they had some good bundle deals and price drops, I picked one up primarily as a bluray player. It's still currently the only bluray player in my house and I use it primarily for movies.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #629
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanFRS View Post
Some of us actually liked the changes Microsoft were making. In fact, I would argue that most of the more "hardcore gamers" liked the changes and the "casual gamers" were up in arms. Which means Microsoft was catering more to their dedicated gamers and Sony was catering more to the masses. The latter would of course be more direct sales and profits. All speculation of course.
Don't know if serious? Hardcore gamers only really care about gaming. Casual gamers care more about the extra shit like Kinect,Skype and Cable boxes that doesn't make any damn sense since you would already have a cable box in your living room.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #630
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
Did you get the component cables? My regular model came with them back on launch in 2005. Had optical audio out built into the plug as well. I still use that plug today with an optical audio cable for 5.1 surround.

And bluray is exactly the reason I bought my PS3. When other players were equal or more money, I said sod-off. But a few years later, they had some good bundle deals and price drops, I picked one up primarily as a bluray player. It's still currently the only bluray player in my house and I use it primarily for movies.
Those cables is trash IMO. I just bought a HDMI cable instead for it. My game looked way sharper.