follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #337
Rakshaa
Milton 86 Club

Drives: Lexus IS350, GT86, Mini Cooper, CBR
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post
Same situation with 10 Series. Their response will be the same that I got, that Scion Canada technically hasn't advertised this vehicle yet, and Scion Canada differs itself from Scion USA. So in their eyes, there is no misinformation. I agree with you, it's lame.
Yeah that is pretty lame. You're right that the Canadian division hasn't made an official announcement, though they have released pricing and haven't said that it will lose/add any features over the announced American model.

My dealer said it will have navi...but also said it would be numbered like 10 series, which doesn't seem to be the case. Too bad they are also kept in the dark.
Rakshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:57 PM   #338
tommy

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Officially announced in Canada

http://www.scion.ca/scion/en/vehicle...efits/monogram
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:46 AM   #339
AznKirby
Are you 20/20?

Drives: Hopes and dreams
Thanked 1,310 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post

Finally! Guess there's no navi though!
Better get my signature on some piece of paper before I lose my spot. Ahah

IG: @MonKehC
AznKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:30 AM   #340
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Ok so I know I am a bit late to the party... But just saw this post now.

I don't get this "special edition" - ALL of the stuff listed below is exactly what I've got in my 'stock' car (2013 86/frs hi spec) excl the audio/sat nav...
So what's so special about it!?

Scion FR-S Monogram Series Specifications
Leather seats with Alcantara® inserts
BeSpoke® Premium Audio with navigation and connected services
Smart Key with push button start
HID headlamps with LED daytime running lights
Dual-zone automatic climate control system
Heated front seats
Heated outside mirrors
Frameless rearview mirror
Color-keyed rear spoiler
Rear-seat center armrest
Carpet cargo mat
Old 12-31-2015, 05:32 AM   #341
PhantomX
INTJ

Drives: 2017 86 860
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 South Africa View Post
Ok so I know I am a bit late to the party... But just saw this post now.

I don't get this "special edition" - ALL of the stuff listed below is exactly what I've got in my 'stock' car (2013 86/frs hi spec) excl the audio/sat nav...
So what's so special about it!?

Scion FR-S Monogram Series Specifications
Leather seats with Alcantara® inserts
BeSpoke® Premium Audio with navigation and connected services
Smart Key with push button start
HID headlamps with LED daytime running lights
Dual-zone automatic climate control system
Heated front seats
Heated outside mirrors
Frameless rearview mirror
Color-keyed rear spoiler
Rear-seat center armrest
Carpet cargo mat
In the US, what you have is the equivalent to the Monogram Series, which only 2,000 were made.
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomX For This Useful Post:
86 South Africa (01-02-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 10:09 AM   #342
dnieves

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
In North America our cars are more basic because SCION insists on a monospec (which is ok if you were able to choose more options). To maintain it's affordability (under $28k US) costs have to be minimized therefore certain features are excluded as the manufacturers are aware this is a niche car and will never sell as well as typical practical cars (Camry, Accord, and SUVs). I believe this will continue until this car proves itself (like the Miata).
Every year they release a special edition (since the 10 Series) that gives USDM a taste of what's available in other parts of the world (in an effort to charge more and not risk having too many languish on the lot due to the higher price tag).

Last edited by dnieves; 01-02-2016 at 11:56 AM.
dnieves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dnieves For This Useful Post:
86 South Africa (01-02-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 11:28 AM   #343
Bristecom

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnieves View Post
In North America our cars are more basic because SCION insists on a monospec (which is ok if you were able to choose more options). To maintain it's affordability (under 28k) costs have to be minimized therefore certain features are excluded as the manufacturers are aware this is a niche car and will never sell as well as typical practical cars (Camry, Accord, and SUVs). I believe this will continue until this car proves itself (like the Miata).
Every year often they release a special edition (since the 10 Series) that gives USDM a taste of what's available in other parts of the world (in an effort to charge more and not risk having too many languish on the lot due to the higher price tag).
Yeah but... why not just have a Monogram, or as Subaru calls it, a "Limited" model with limited production every year? I guarantee there would be enough people to pay more for those extra features. From what I've seen, they are only losing sales by not offering those features at all (or only in an SE model which looks a little too flashy/ricey for older people that have the money to buy it).
Old 12-31-2015, 11:56 AM   #344
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
Yeah but... why not just have a Monogram, or as Subaru calls it, a "Limited" model with limited production every year? I guarantee there would be enough people to pay more for those extra features. From what I've seen, they are only losing sales by not offering those features at all (or only in an SE model which looks a little too flashy/ricey for older people that have the money to buy it).
I would have been overjoyed to get Monogram features in a Lava but they didn't offer them here. I can understand that they wouldn't want to offer a Monogram type edition in every colour, for every year since many would just sit on the lot until discounted but it would be nice to at least be able to order one. This would not impact their stock and if somebody wanted one enough to pay the premium and wait then it is a win all around. I would think that this could keep some sales that go to Subaru instead (or don't get made at all).
Old 12-31-2015, 08:25 PM   #345
Bristecom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I would have been overjoyed to get Monogram features in a Lava but they didn't offer them here. I can understand that they wouldn't want to offer a Monogram type edition in every colour, for every year since many would just sit on the lot until discounted but it would be nice to at least be able to order one. This would not impact their stock and if somebody wanted one enough to pay the premium and wait then it is a win all around. I would think that this could keep some sales that go to Subaru instead (or don't get made at all).
It's funny because I just talked to someone a couple of hours ago who had a new BRZ and they said they originally looked at the FR-S but it didn't have the features they wanted. Plus, the dumbass Toyota dealers around here slap tint and ghetto extras on all their new FR-S cars to get even more money out of them and charge an extra $50 for having nitrogen in the tires with ugly green valves. Is this even legal for dealers to do on new cars?

So they went to Subaru and they gave them a Limited model with everything for LESS than the price of a standard FR-S. The only reason Scion sells any of these things is because the front end looks better (or because customers don't know any better that there is a Subaru version that can be had for less). I've said it before and I'll say it again, Scion is the worst car brand in America and the Japanese that run Toyota should be ashamed of it.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:22 PM   #346
jedichimp
OG <FR-S'less> Member

Drives: yes
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
...the Eclipse driver is super salty. Especially considering that you said you want to get an FR-S one day, odd.

panda cheez
jedichimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #347
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Its one of the baffling things about Scion. In this country, the Monograms apparently sold out extremely quickly...you would think this would at least goad Toyota Canada to continue making them in this spec. Plus I don't understand why they couldn't offer the entire colour range simply because...they actually did so for the United States and the entire world for that matter. All they would need to do is make a disclaimer that only black and white versions are readily available and that all other colours must be factory ordered with a deposit.

I remember waiting for the order, got info from my dealer that the orders were available early January, I made the order and my car was ready by late March. Now I'm spoiled, and if I had to re buy the car again...I frankly can't anymore.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jegan_V For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #348
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
But if they made more monograms my car wouldn't be as special.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-02-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 10:53 PM   #349
Bristecom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedichimp View Post
...the Eclipse driver is super salty. Especially considering that you said you want to get an FR-S one day, odd.
I prefer the small differences on the Toyota version better but I hate Scion's business practices, is all. No deals, no trim levels; you buy and pay what they tell you - and at many dealers, if you want one, you have to pay a thousand or more extra because they slapped on their tint, and nitrogen, and aftermarket LED strips, and stickers (things most people don't even want). That ain't cool.

One sales manager who called me from Scion was asking why I didn't want one from them and I told him that they don't have a model with HID's and push button start anymore. Well he said, "We can put on LED strips where the fog lights go. That's the same thing as HID. And you can get an aftermarket remote engine starter." And I was like, "Yeah, no, just stop talking."
Old 01-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #350
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Haha. Fascinating reading how bad some of these scion dealers are, and the spec differences. We're a much smaller country/market so I'm surprised.

Here it is a Toyota not a scion, so I got great service when buying mine :-)
Bristecom (01-02-2016)