follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #99
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
It depends on how the forum works. If there is an edit window (60 days or something, and you can't edit your post) then it doesn't matter which thread remains. After X time the OP won't be able to edit. So we have a couple of choices.

1. A mod updates the first post, and we can merge the threads. Said mod will need to copy/paste the new post into the first post when there's an update. I don't think it's a big deal, and I used to do this for GenCoupe. Took all of a minute.

2. There isn't a window for editing, so we close the other thread and rename this one to "The Official Destiny Thread." That just keeps everything in one spot.
True and closing one thread might make the most sense, just some newer people may not see it as it moves to the bottom of the page. There's still a lot of good info in the "original" thread.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #100
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I say we make another thread to discuss and vote on it
Old 10-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #101
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
I say we make another thread to discuss and vote on it
I wonder if the mods would get involved if all of a sudden there were 20 Destiny threads on the forum.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #102
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
What up people, figured it wouldn't hurt to get my name on the list. I play pretty much daily, but it's practically impossible for me to do the raid because I can never get/keep 6 people together. So if you all ever need a 6th hit me up!

Xbone: Sneetch3r
Lvl. 27 Hunter - Gunslinger

Don't be alarmed at the lvl 27 bit. I just don't have enough ascendant shards! I have more ascendant energy than I can use though (Thanks for the balance Bungie).

But in any case, I'll toot my own horn and say I'm damn good at shooting things in the face. Currently rocking maxed Shadow Price, and then hot swapping maxed Invective and Icebreaker. You really can't beat two insanely powerful special weapons that regen their own ammo!
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #103
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
What up people, figured it wouldn't hurt to get my name on the list. I play pretty much daily, but it's practically impossible for me to do the raid because I can never get/keep 6 people together. So if you all ever need a 6th hit me up!

Xbone: Sneetch3r
Lvl. 27 Hunter - Gunslinger

Don't be alarmed at the lvl 27 bit. I just don't have enough ascendant shards! I have more ascendant energy than I can use though (Thanks for the balance Bungie).

But in any case, I'll toot my own horn and say I'm damn good at shooting things in the face. Currently rocking maxed Shadow Price, and then hot swapping maxed Invective and Icebreaker. You really can't beat two insanely powerful special weapons that regen their own ammo!
A few of us on here joined the Rogues of Radiance clan on XBone. They seem to run the Raid pretty regularly. I know the co-founder did recently mention closing down membership for a bit to see how the 30 or so members work out. I'm not sure if they are still accepting members but worth giving it a try if you really want to try and run the raid. Plus, it always helps for doing the other events like Nightfall/weekly/daily etc. There's always a few of us online willing to do those events if you're looking for fire team members.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #104
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
A few of us on here joined the Rogues of Radiance clan on XBone. They seem to run the Raid pretty regularly. I know the co-founder did recently mention closing down membership for a bit to see how the 30 or so members work out. I'm not sure if they are still accepting members but worth giving it a try if you really want to try and run the raid. Plus, it always helps for doing the other events like Nightfall/weekly/daily etc. There's always a few of us online willing to do those events if you're looking for fire team members.
Thanks mate, request sent. I've got 3 people I play with regularly, we tear up pretty much everything, it's just the VOG that eludes us. So far we've made it to the end, just haven't finished the final battle before someone invariably has to log off.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #105
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
What up people, figured it wouldn't hurt to get my name on the list.
Added!

I finally got to do the raid with some strangers and xclusive brett till he had to go. Finally I got to blow atheon away.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 00NissanNinja For This Useful Post:
Special_K (11-03-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 03:28 AM   #106
xclusive_brett

Drives: 08 scion xb
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
it was fun while it lasted! i had family over so couldn't stick around. Got back on a few hours later and it showed you were still on the raid!? How long did it take you guys because we were moving through it fast.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #107
Special_K
Bannéd

Finally finished the stupid raid with a group of strangers from the tower! Since one dude knew exactly how to clear it effectively he spelled it out for us and we finished without a hitch. Got myself Corrective Measure machine gun, and Vision of Confluence scout rifle. Excited to get full auto on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
53Driver (11-03-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #108
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Finally finished the stupid raid with a group of strangers from the tower! Since one dude knew exactly how to clear it effectively he spelled it out for us and we finished without a hitch. Got myself Corrective Measure machine gun, and Vision of Confluence scout rifle. Excited to get full auto on it.
Do tell! (The formula for success)
Old 11-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #109
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
Do tell! (The formula for success)
Can do, this is how we did it legit without cheesing Atheon. I'll only walk you through the final boss (Atheon) because the rest is pretty straight forward. If you have any questions on earlier sections let me know.

First things first, you want everyone to be able to effectively use the relic shield. It'll take a few tries but once everyone knows how to use it, you no longer have to worry about only a couple people being proficient. I use bumper jumper so I'll write it so it corresponds to whatever button is bound to the denoted function.
Vertical AOE Bash= Jump->Fire(Right Trigger) x2
Lunge Smash=Fire button
Cleanse/Shield=Grenade button (hold for shield)
Melee=Melee

Ok, here we go! The key to this whole section is sticking together. No one can go all Leroy Jenkins.

1) After you kill the hydra Atheon will emerge. Don't bother putting any shots into him yet, instead spend the time huddled in a group around the left portal pad. Use heavy ammo synths and make sure your weapons are squared away. This bit is important, for your heavy, DO NOT USE ROCKET LAUNCHERS! MACHINE GUNS ONLY! This is important because you will be firing out of the cover of the shield and machine gun rounds can shoot out, but rockets WILL blow back and kill you.

2) After 30 seconds or so, Atheon will teleport randoms players through one of the portals. The teleported players then yell back to the defenders which portal they entered, Mars is brown and bare, Venus is green with vegetation. This lets the people who didn't get teleported know which portal pad they need to open and defend. Of the teleported group, one player picks up the relic and runs straight to the middle where enemies are gathered. The other two players ONLY throw grenades into the middle to help the relic holder and then look straight up. While the relic holder kills the ground enemies (the Praetorians only take a couple bashes), the other two focus solely on the Oracles hovering overhead. As soon as the relic holder kills the ground forces he runs back to the two and pops a quick cleanse, this should give enough time to finish off all the oracles before your screen goes black. Once the Oracles are defeated, everyone goes through the portal and freezes directly on the other side, ONLY once all three are through does the relic holder pop a quick cleanse.

3) MEANWHILE, of the group that didn't get teleported, once Mars or Venus is yelled out, head to the corresponding pad. If you are looking toward Atheon from the entrance tunnel, Mars in on the left, Venus the right. To activate the teleport all three players jump on top of the spire in the middle of the ring. Try your best to stay still because you don't want to knock anyone off. I say this because exploding Harpys will spawn and head for you, and their blast radius will definitely kill you on the ground. If they get too close, don't jump up, instead jump back. Fend off the Harpys and wait for the teleported team to emerge.

4) Once everyone is back in the main room, the relic holder jumps on to the sunken middle platform between the two teleports and pops the shield by HOLDING the cleanse button. Everyone jump in to the shield with him and start blasting crits on Atheon's stomach/nutsack glowing area. While the relic shield is up everyone will see the shield countdown timer on the left side of their screen. Keep shooting until the timer reaches 3 seconds. Then all the shooters jump towards the Mars portal pad (it has better cover), with the relic holder taking up the rear. Always remember the relic holder should be first in, last out. Make sure to bail out of the shield early in order to give the relic holder enough time to make his escape too.

5) Reload, regroup, rinse and repeat! Depending on how much DPS you are doing, it shouldn't take more than 5 sequences of this to kill him. Plenty of time before he goes into enrage mode.

6) Enjoy your new loot!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
53Driver (11-03-2014), wheelhaus (11-03-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #110
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive_brett View Post
it was fun while it lasted! i had family over so couldn't stick around. Got back on a few hours later and it showed you were still on the raid!? How long did it take you guys because we were moving through it fast.
Didn't take long actually. Killed Atheon in our second or third try. You may have saw our second attempt at the raid and that one took way way longer not the best chemistry and a bunch of us were lv 27 which made it hard to kill oracles. So I got to complete the raid with two of my characters for the first time. We'll have to try again sometime @n2oinferno said they are going to have semi-regular meets for raids hopefully.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 00NissanNinja For This Useful Post:
xclusive_brett (11-05-2014)