follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Xbox One vs PS4
Xbox One 138 30.13%
PS4 283 61.79%
Undecided 56 12.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #435
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
^I don't recall you mentioning getting a PS4.
Thread is 20 pages long, it's buried somewhere. I say at least a couple times I'm getting both, I'm just getting XBO first.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #436
SnapOv3st3r

Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
First I've seen this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
PS4: Publishers Decide if Free-to-Play Needs PS Plus

Sony has confirmed that not every multiplayer game for the PlayStation 4 will require PlayStation Plus, as publishers will be able to decide what happens with free-to-play titles.

In an interview with Polygon, SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that this would be the case before revealing that Sony Online Entertainment has already decided its MMOs won't require players to have a PS Plus subscription.

"As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it’s a publisher’s decision whether they put it inside or outside of the PlayStation Plus requirements," he said.

Free-to-play games for the PlayStation 4 that won't require you to have a PlayStation Plus subscription are currently confirmed to include DC Universe Online, PlanetSide 2, Blacklight: Retribution and Warframe.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #437
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Ps4 is going to outsell the Xbox one by a wide margin. The ps4 is $100 cheaper from the start and Sony will always be cheaper in price than Microsoft but have the better and faster hardware. Whoever has an Xbox 360 will probably by a Xbox 1, but who ever has a ps3 or a wii will by the ps4!

Come on the ps4 has 8gb of GDDR5 memory! Sony went all out and still came up with a good price point.

But Microsoft will hook people with the kinet 2. It is impressive.

At least development for both is going to be much easier than the last generation.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tripjammer For This Useful Post:
cfusionpm (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #438
BlueSTaR

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited & 16 Hyperblue
Oh and being able to run twitch on XBL is awesome.
BlueSTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueSTaR For This Useful Post:
cfusionpm (06-13-2013), VADER (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #439
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
Ps4 is going to outsell the Xbox one by a wide margin. The ps4 is $100 cheaper from the start and Sony will always be cheaper in price than Microsoft but have the better and faster hardware. Whoever has an Xbox 360 will probably by a Xbox 1, but who ever has a ps3 or a wii will by the ps4!

Come on the ps4 has 8gb of GDDR5 memory! Sony went all out and still came up with a good price point.

But Microsoft will hook people with the kinet 2. It is impressive.

At least development for both is going to be much easier than the last generation.
I own a 360 and used to own a PS3 and will not buy the X1 because I think Microsoft is the greater of 3 evils. Also I wonder if the X1 controller will still be a battery pack affair? If so that's another thing I hate about MS. Bunch of money hungry crooks if you ask me.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #440
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
You saying that wasn't true in 2006 and 2007? Or are you gonna put words in my mouth like everyone else here? :P I was a die hard Sony fanboy from 1995-2005. I was both frustrated and disappointed with many things at the launch of PS3. They fixed much of them in the following years, but was too little too late for me. I've said a number of times I'm getting a PS4 and that Sony is riding a huge wave of positive growth. But people hear what they want to hear.
I'm not putting words in your mouth. I quoted the phrase you typed. You called the console garbage. I'm simply saying that stating things like that will cause your negative points to be seen as nothing other than fanboy rants when you're calling the opposing faction of your argument "garbage." It was just some advice to avoid that.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #441
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Garage
People actually care about trophies/achievements???

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
SnapOv3st3r (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #442
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Sony cared enough to steal the idea and implement it themselves a year and a half after launch. Since most of my games are pretty old, most don't even support them in the first place. But regardless, it's a brilliant idea to showcase game accomplishments and give you a universal motivation to keep playing, play it again, play it on harder difficulties, look for hidden items. I never did any of that much at all before 360. It's also cool to track your progress and compare with friends. Some achievements are definitely designed better than others, but the fact that Sony retroactively added it shows the importance it has in motivating players.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #443
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
I've got a buddy that loves to compare his trophy level to others. It's really funny when no-one else plays along with his attempts to rile people up.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #444
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yes, I have a friend who constantly posts about all his trophies on his 360. He seems to be the only one who cares, though.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #445
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
I'm not putting words in your mouth. I quoted the phrase you typed. You called the console garbage. I'm simply saying that stating things like that will cause your negative points to be seen as nothing other than fanboy rants when you're calling the opposing faction of your argument "garbage." It was just some advice to avoid that.
It was. And it was for at least a good year or two. The PS3 launch was widely regarded as one of the biggest failures in mainstream gaming, with sales falling well below projection quarter after quarter and a big shift in direction needed from the top execs. Luckily for all of us that happened, and they've been better and better ever since. They learned from their mistakes and are better because of it. I could have picked a better word, but at lunch, things were pretty bad for Sony.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #446
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
It was. And it was for at least a good year or two.
Please just read what I wrote again. You're taking an extreme side and showing that you have a bias towards one side of an argument. Thus you put everything you say in jeopardy of being seen as though you're a fanboy, and thus the thread becomes 12 pages of comparing who's penis is longer. I know that you and I both don't want that. No-one is going to argue that Sony had some problems at launch.

Quote:
I could have picked a better word, but at lunch, things were pretty bad for Sony.
That's the point I was trying to make. "The console made no sense from my perspective" is how I would have worded it. (and how I felt about the PS3 until Uncharted, MGS4, and a few other games came out) It comes across as less... aggressive.

Quote:
The PS3 launch was widely regarded as one of the biggest failures in mainstream gaming, with sales falling well below projection quarter after quarter and a big shift in direction needed from the top execs. Luckily for all of us that happened, and they've been better and better ever since. They learned from their mistakes and are better because of it.
I'm going to nit pick this a bit too... A failure indicates that there was no recovery or that the product no longer exists. Look at most startups for a reference of a failure. The launch of the PS3 was rocky, but not a failure. No-one is arguing that. Especially not me. Anyone who think that launch was a "blazing success" is blind and dumb. But failure is an extreme over-exaggeration of the launch. Again, poor choice of wording. It'll only lead to flame bait.

Last edited by denkigrve; 06-13-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Edited some wording that seemed too harsh/aggressive. It was not my intent.
denkigrve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denkigrve For This Useful Post:
2forme (06-13-2013), cfusionpm (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #447
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Sort of related to this thread. Does anyone else find it hilarious that the internet is obsessed with the Call of Duty dog? Kotaku did a whole piece about how the dog being in the game made the writer feel more engaged. I think it's fascinating that such a simply change of an AI companion into a dog can suddenly change someones emotional attachment to a game like that.

I haven't bought a call of duty game since World at War on PC, but this might be one I'd pick up, and it's on all 3 platforms! EVERYONE WINS!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #448
BlueSTaR

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited & 16 Hyperblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
Sort of related to this thread. Does anyone else find it hilarious that the internet is obsessed with the Call of Duty dog? Kotaku did a whole piece about how the dog being in the game made the writer feel more engaged. I think it's fascinating that such a simply change of an AI companion into a dog can suddenly change someones emotional attachment to a game like that.

I haven't bought a call of duty game since World at War on PC, but this might be one I'd pick up, and it's on all 3 platforms! EVERYONE WINS!
I love my dog.
BlueSTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSTaR For This Useful Post:
denkigrve (06-13-2013)