follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #43
1ofaKind
bRz

Drives: Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
Go do a search. Someone is butthurt they spent too much money on this hot air intake. Its already common knowledge that an intake is a waste of money unless you want it for the sound/throttle response.

Ive been around these forums since the release of this car and if you have been around as long as me you have seen plenty of dyno threads with most the intakes released. If you think this intake is going to produce anything more than any other intake that was made for this car your mistaken. Go do a search.

Youve only been a member since this year and you think this intake is going to be any better than whats already available for this car. I wouldnt be suprised if this intake LOST power like how the Airaid did due to the position of the intake making it suck more hot air in. Anyone who thinks this intake will not suck in more engine heat is obviously a fan boy.

Please tell me how this intake is any different than someone throwing on a K&N cone filter on this. You honestly think the results will be that much different that would make it worth spending 5-700 dollars on this intake? You and the OP are probably the only 2 people who think this intake is great when Arc is probably laughing all the way to the bank to make a quick buck off fan boys like you.

And unlike you, I went ahead with a aftermarket drop in filter/inlet and used the money I saved for a tune. You probably never had your car tuned have you? Tuners already have said that this cars a nightmare to tune when you have an aftermarket intake. Which is the very reason why I went with a drop in filter/inlet than waste money on an intake that wouldnt produce anything more than what the OEM would do after a tune.

Lol I have done research and posted links of dyno graphs of this intake making power on other platforms on this forum for the unbelievers. I have been ''Registered'' on this forum for one year yes. So because your account says registered longer you want bonus points? get on track my friend and stop posting false information if you have never had it, tested it or owned one actually. All you have done is read what others posted, so you are not qualified to speak on it. You said you went ahead saved money and got a tune? Good for you man. lol
ill86 (11-02-2014), nor cal frs (09-23-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #44
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Make me a believer, please.

This box sucks in hot air from the engine bay, correct? If not give us some details on how the functionality of this thing is superior to even the stock airbox with a K&N filter. Even better, a dyno graph would be nice to see. Not trying to argue but you sound like another brand whore.

I have no disrespect for the brand, but it looks like something you'd find on eBay, like those intercooler looking intakes years ago.

For $750, it seems like its more about having the brand label under your hood than the actual power benefit you realize. Try an openflash tablet and a k&n filter, you'll have much more enjoyable power that can be tuned for future mods.
B-R-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B-R-Z For This Useful Post:
nor cal frs (09-23-2014), woode (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #45
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Any change of the air filter on this car nets 3-12 HP over stock depending on the dyno and environment.

A design like this one just screams inefficiency and the price is clearly just for the brand whores to say that they have a _________ brand part on their car.

Any gains shown from this intake are most likely just due to the air filter, and in reality with the hood closed and driving, I am sure it is less efficient than almost any other intake..

But, those who wasted their money need justification lol
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #46
zooki

Drives: waiting on a 2021...
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
So this brand of intake making power on other platforms does what exactly for the FR-S/ BRZ? Some Airraid intakes make power on other platforms too. Your point? Apples don't equal oranges.
1999 Ford F250 Powerstroke, the tow rig
1969 Mustang, the fast car....(:
zooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #47
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormFRS View Post
You seem to need a hug or something. His money and his car. Stop the hate bro!
It's more so the spread of opinion as fact that he is "hating" on.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #48
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofaKind View Post
Lol I have done research and posted links of dyno graphs of this intake making power on other platforms on this forum for the unbelievers. I have been ''Registered'' on this forum for one year yes. So because your account says registered longer you want bonus points? get on track my friend and stop posting false information if you have never had it, tested it or owned one actually. All you have done is read what others posted, so you are not qualified to speak on it.

You said you went ahead saved money and got a tune? Good for you man. lol
1. works on other platformz!

this is like saying a turbo on my corvette made huge power. It'll make the same power on my civic amirite?

2. No one on the interwebs knows nothing!!

well, if reputable companies post said dynos, or reputable third party companies perform said modification with dyno...then yes what he posts will be factual and will not need to "get on the right track"

3. IM SMARTER THAN EVERYONE!

again you don't know that. Remember dont assume things over the Internet. Makes you look like an ass.

4. Im going to put my $750 in the dumbest place possible

if you're willing to spend $750 on an intake instead of a tune then there's other intellectual problems that need to be addressed first, car knowledge to begin with
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh

Last edited by cdrazic93; 09-22-2014 at 11:59 PM. Reason: clarification for B-R-Z
cdrazic93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #49
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrazic93 View Post
Old 09-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #50
cdrazic93
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-R-Z View Post
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
Old 09-22-2014, 11:53 PM   #51
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Garage
Quote:
I at first thought you were agreeing with him. Bolded text comments within a quote isn't very clear in the tapatalk app. I agree with you..

Old 09-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #52
cdrazic93
Junior

Quote:
I at first thought you were agreeing with him. Bolded text comments within a quote isn't very clear in the tapatalk app. I agree with you..

lol no I know better edited; just for your benefit.
The Following User Says Thank You to cdrazic93 For This Useful Post:
B-R-Z (09-23-2014)
Old 09-24-2014, 03:55 AM   #53
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofaKind View Post
Lol I have done research and posted links of dyno graphs of this intake making power on other platforms on this forum for the unbelievers. I have been ''Registered'' on this forum for one year yes. So because your account says registered longer you want bonus points? get on track my friend and stop posting false information if you have never had it, tested it or owned one actually. All you have done is read what others posted, so you are not qualified to speak on it. You said you went ahead saved money and got a tune? Good for you man. lol
LOL please. Just because this intake has gains on other cars means jack shit on this car. You and I both own this car and plenty of owners on this car agree that this intake is a huge waste of money. Our cars have a really good designed intake from the factory. Do you honestly think your intake is going to be anything more special just because you paid 4-500 more than what everyone else paid to modify there intakes?

More people will agree with me that this part is a part just made for the sake of making some cash because people will buy it based on Arc PREVIOUS ventures on other platforms. Just like what you just said.

Your part is no different than AFE, Blitz, TRD, or any other intake offered for this car that got similar gains as a drop in filter, but atleast with those intakes I've named their have been independent dyno's done on them.

Based on many people who have purchased intakes for this car before that have first hand seen that the Air Raid intake lost power due to the positioning of the intake sucking up more engine heat you honestly think that showing us this Arc intake that is an open element under the hood. It doesnt take a scientist to see that Arc intake although pretty will suck more heat in. Most people will expect this intake to perform similar to Air raids until you give us a dyno that isnt from the manufacturer. FYI lots of people who bought the AirRaid intake all said the same thing and said they felt an increase in power when they were really losing power when the independent dyno's started coming in.

Based on your previous posts on these forums you havent even gotten a tune on your car yet and you are making assumptions already when there isnt one single dyno for your part yet either that isnt from Arc. Until you dyno your part, Like me and the tons of other people in this thread and the 4-5 other Arc intake threads where 9 out of 10 people bash on the product, no one will believe you until proof is out there. And people wonder why they went out of business before when so many people hate on Arc. People dont hate on a product for no reason you know. You tracking your part doesnt prove jack shit until you dyno it with the hood closed. Not one thread in this forum has had a majority of people say a good thing about it except from the Op's and maybe 1-2 other people that own it. If you own it you better like your 700 dollar hot air "show" intake.
Theres a reason why almost every topic you see on Arc intakes on other forums for other cars you see people just say they only use it when they bring their car to a show, or they would use it for that purpose only.

Last edited by FR-Sizzle; 09-24-2014 at 04:07 AM.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #54
FR-Sizzle

Quote:
Make me a believer, please.

This box sucks in hot air from the engine bay, correct? If not give us some details on how the functionality of this thing is superior to even the stock airbox with a K&N filter. Even better, a dyno graph would be nice to see. Not trying to argue but you sound like another brand whore.

I have no disrespect for the brand, but it looks like something you'd find on eBay, like those intercooler looking intakes years ago.

For $750, it seems like its more about having the brand label under your hood than the actual power benefit you realize. Try an openflash tablet and a k&n filter, you'll have much more enjoyable power that can be tuned for future mods.

Quote:
1. works on other platformz!

this is like saying a turbo on my corvette made huge power. It'll make the same power on my civic amirite?

2. No one on the interwebs knows nothing!!

well, if reputable companies post said dynos, or reputable third party companies perform said modification with dyno...then yes what he posts will be factual and will not need to "get on the right track"

3. IM SMARTER THAN EVERYONE!

again you don't know that. Remember dont assume things over the Internet. Makes you look like an ass.

4. Im going to put my $750 in the dumbest place possible

if you're willing to spend $750 on an intake instead of a tune then there's other intellectual problems that need to be addressed first, car knowledge to begin with
Quote:
Originally Posted by woode View Post
Any change of the air filter on this car nets 3-12 HP over stock depending on the dyno and environment.

A design like this one just screams inefficiency and the price is clearly just for the brand whores to say that they have a _________ brand part on their car.

Any gains shown from this intake are most likely just due to the air filter, and in reality with the hood closed and driving, I am sure it is less efficient than almost any other intake..

But, those who wasted their money need justification lol

This @1ofaKind is definitely a brand whore. He thinks he tracks his car means his opinion is better than ours just be cause he took his new part to the track. This kid doesnt even have a tune for his car yet and he is trying to tell us shit we already know.

Hes going to be REAL surprised when he gets a tune for his car and his tuner tells him everything we already brought up in this thread. Thats even if he gets a tune. He had enough money to get a tune or the intake and he chose the intake over the tune. Just shows what he knows. Anyone with a right mind would get a tune over an intake. A tune is the best bang for your buck for this car. A person who buys an aftermarket oiled drop in filter will make just as much gains as this intake.

This intake isnt ANYTHING different than whats already available. It isnt going to make more power just because on other platforms it does lmao. That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard on this forum TBH. Ya go tell people buying parts from Agency Power/Vivid Racing that their parts made power on other platforms or their VENDOR dynos show a gain. Everyone knows to take vendor dynos with a grain of salt. Guess what, their dynos all showed gains on their parts but when the customers had an indpendent dyno and tune done none of their parts came close to what they showed in their development threads/dyno's.

You havent even dyno'd your car or gotten a tune and you want us all to believe your part makes power, when we all have seen similar intakes that lose power due to heat soak. I honestly would rather use an Airaid, at least theirs is an enclosed box sucking in less hot air.

And btw this kid spent probably close to over 1 grand on his intake. He has the Arc hot air intake box AND a metal inlet carbing suction pipe that runs around 200 bucks, after tax/shipping that is probably one of the most expensive intake combinations that probably LOSES power too.. Honestly its your money but trying to convince us that you didnt waste your money on parts made for the sake of fan boys who would buy it just because of the name your kidding your self. What you get with what you spent could of been done with half that price.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #55
zooki

Drives: waiting on a 2021...
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
This intake isnt ANYTHING different than whats already available. It isnt going to make more power just because on other platforms it does lmao. That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard on this forum TBH. Ya go tell people buying parts from Agency Power/Vivid Racing that their parts made power on other platforms or their VENDOR dynos show a gain. Everyone knows to take vendor dynos with a grain of salt. Guess what, their dynos all showed gains on their parts but when the customers had an indpendent dyno and tune done none of their parts came close to what they showed in their development
Not to put too fine a point on it Sizzler, but this is exactly what you did with the Syms intake for a long time. You kept talking about how great it was and how it made power on other platforms. To this day I have never seen an independent dyno on that intake.
1999 Ford F250 Powerstroke, the tow rig
1969 Mustang, the fast car....(:
zooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #56
FR-Sizzle

I have a tune with a duct and was told it would be better to have it removed. Now my intake only consists of the OEM intake perrin intake tube and kansai tunings extra parts to direct air in the grill that comes with their duct.