follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moto-East (Moto Mike) Review Thread

@moto-mike is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He responds to emails quickly and is one of the few turners that is remotely near Central PA. He's highly qualified and competent.

His shop is usually closed on Sunday but I wanted to bring my car in to have an exhaust leak addressed and install my new exhaust. Mike accommodated my request and opened the shop on Sunday. Mike had a pretty eventful morning before I arrived as there were some shop issues that were soon resolved. I arrived at 9am and Mike promptly started working on the car. He took at look at my install, tightened and torqued things down. He then moved on to the exhaust.

After working for 2 hours on the fitment of the exhaust, he showed me where he was having issues. Essentially, I bought a rubbish exhaust from a rubbish vendor on this site and Mike was trying to get it to align properly without the exhaust distorting my rear bumper and melting it. I told him to just take it off and put the stock system back on. He said he would hate to have wasted my time driving down 2 hours and leaving without the job being done.

So he continued to work and after about another 30 mins, he had it aligned to the best of his ability. The exhaust did not distort the bumper, it wasn't touching the plastic and it was good. Mike got it down off the lift and started it, and he heard an exhaust leak. He put it back on the lift and found a leak where the overpipe connects due to a stripped bolt from when I installed my header, which was the source of a big exhaust leak.

He cut the bolt, threaded on new bolts and had everything done. He fired it up again and told me that now it has the proper Boxer sound. He still suggested that I rid myself of that rubbish exhaust, which I plan on doing next week.

Mike was amazing and I would recommend him to anyone, especially if you're local. He also does dyno tuning with ECUTek. He has tuned a few members vehicles on this site and he has tuned his own. He tells you exactly what's going on and provides accurate quotes on time. He takes his time and does things right. All around great guy! Thanks Mike!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecko04 For This Useful Post:
diodelphi (02-05-2015), Xero-Limit (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
thanks for dropping in! We're working on a newer, cleaner space with nearly 5000 sq ft just a few minutes away. Fitment was lacking but it still sounded damn good!
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
ecko04 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-mike View Post
thanks for dropping in! We're working on a newer, cleaner space with nearly 5000 sq ft just a few minutes away. Fitment was lacking but it still sounded damn good!

It sounded good but man did it drone! It also woke up my neighbors during a cold start.

I ditched it for something of better quality and full 3" instead of 2.75"

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=48

I'll make an appointment to check out your new shop. I know the past month or so has been hectic for you with the move and SEMA. I still don't know how you managed to move the dyno, that seems like a project and a half.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Mike is probably the only tuner anywhere close to me does he have a dyno?

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
onzippy

Drives: 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I just finished up an FI e-tune with @moto-mike. We covered 9 revisions in a weeks time. Service is great. Results are great. Highly recommend contacting him if you happen to be out of luck finding anyone local, or if he's local to you, all the better.

To be honest, I wasn't really sure about etuning and how much improvement over an FI kit basemap there would really be. The short answer is, a lot.

If you're out in the sticks,or just don't want to hand over your ride to a dyno daredevil, and you thought the basemap would be good enough, WAKE UP.. and call moto-mike. He's got good stuff.
onzippy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onzippy For This Useful Post:
diodelphi (02-05-2015), Xero-Limit (05-22-2014)