follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #2381
markitect

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurate Race Shop View Post
Ok so I took my car into my local toyota dealership and they told me they do not have the knowledge to repair my car and I need to take it to a scion dealership. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to take it? The closest dealer to me is fox scion so that is probably where it will go unless anyone has any better places or horror stories about fox.

Sent from my Q10
I've used fox, not for anything very technical, but I've had no problems with their work once you get them to do it.
I have had them order wrong parts before though, so brace yourself for an extra trip.
markitect is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markitect For This Useful Post:
Accurate Race Shop (06-05-2014), Skidrcn (06-06-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #2382
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayysonie View Post
Perhaps take it to a Subaru dealer? They should know what to do. It's basically a BRZ.

Give them a call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
It is under warranty if not I would just fix it myself so I have to take it to a scion dealer or a toyota dealer with a tech that is certified on these cars. And this time it's more fucked up than a football bat. My obd2 port crapped out, my headlight fuses keep blowing, and it's leaking oil. Toyota did tighten up my axle again so that is at least one positive from today.

Sent from my Q10
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #2383
SilverBullet86Z

Drives: '14 Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech SSM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccabrz192 View Post
Yup that's me with the FT86Speedfactory sticker on the side... I need to get new ones because they were hastily, and very poorly applied.

There are about 4 of us I know of at the tech center on a regular basis... a black FR-S, a grey series 10 FR-S, and a WRB BRZ. Were you here just for the day, or new to the area? Welcome!
Hey! Thanks! and yeah I do work here. Moved about a year ago from Toronto! But I just bought the car 2 weeks ago. Do you guys have brz/frs meets around here in michigan?
SilverBullet86Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #2384
Candlejack
Ignorance Intolerant

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
HMMMM @ those Coils.
Candlejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #2385
Sccabrz192
Detroit Region, MI

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Volt, 02 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet86Z View Post
Hey! Thanks! and yeah I do work here. Moved about a year ago from Toronto! But I just bought the car 2 weeks ago. Do you guys have brz/frs meets around here in michigan?

Some on here do meets I think. Sean and I just "meet" at local autocrosses. I typically only make it out to SCCA events but Sean will pretty much attend anything without a speedlimit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005-06: #192 ES 91 MR2 N/A Hardtop
2007-08: #54 STX 05 WRX Sedan
2009-12: #92 BSP/ASP 07 Solstice GXP
2013-14 : #192 CS 13 Subaru BRZ
Sccabrz192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #2386
Skidrcn

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok so I took my car into my local toyota dealership and they told me they do not have the knowledge to repair my car and I need to take it to a scion dealership. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to take it? The closest dealer to me is fox scion so that is probably where it will go unless anyone has any better places or horror stories about fox.

Sent from my Q10
Take it to Fox. That is where I bough my FRS and my Friend Alex is a tech there and owns an FRS him self. He is the only one I let mess with my car when I take it to them. Normally they give him all the FRS's because he knows them in side and out. They are a great dealership and has never shown me any reasons to be worried about them working on my car.
Skidrcn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skidrcn For This Useful Post:
Accurate Race Shop (06-06-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #2387
Kayysonie
Badass Member

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
It really hate today. What happen to me really proves that you can never have nice things.
I keep my car pristine but there are people that just do not appreciate other peoples hard work.
After working all week and dealing with traffic for an hour after work. I decided to clean my car to prepare for the weekend.

After cleaning the car, I went to a little shindig my friend is throwing for his kids graduation party.

I parked my car in a decent way and far away from most people. I came back to move my car closer and I noticed there are cars parked near me now. After moving and parking, I sat down and admired my car. Then I start to notice that there is a weird reflection on my door. I looked at it and hoping it wasnt what I think it is but it is. I had a small dent on my driver side door about an inch. Its a clear mark someone purposely opened their door and hit mine.

It has upset me very much. Every people at the party I knew came and asked what happen to my car. It was that noticeable in daylight. It is not deep but the dent can affect the light reflecting.

I am not sure how I am or will even get it fixed. I understand it happens but I cannot just forget about it right away.

I am just telling the story and not looking for sympathy. I figured some had the same feeling when they experience a similar situation and perhaps can give advice?

Right now im just going to sleep it over and see from there...

I added the picture below.

Last edited by Kayysonie; 06-07-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Kayysonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #2388
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
@Kayysonie I know what you mean. I would probably pay for PDR. You can also try to pop it yourself, but PDR guys are magical.

If it were me.. it'd be a good time to sound deaden the doors if you're into that. Take the panels off, make it easy and cheaper for a PDR guy to get to the dent from the inside.. then deaden the doors and put the panels back on.

Last year I had my old SVT parked in my driveway at my duplex.. and both ours and our neighbor's trash cans were right next to my car since I parked right up to the garage door.

I noticed two quarter sized dents in my hood, and what do you know, the trash can lid lined up exactly. Neighbor just flipped open the lid and let it slam on my car.

I never did anything since it wasn't worth the trouble, I already had other dings. I noticed it right away though. Some people just don't care about cars
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kberkel For This Useful Post:
Kayysonie (06-07-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #2389
dretheace

Drives: WRB BRZ
@Kayysonie I completely understand where you're coming from. I experienced this with my previous car that I kept in pristine condition ('06 tC). I parked somewhat away from people whenever I'm out and about, but not so far away to provoke people to mess with it. I only came out with 2 dents from owning that car for 8-9 years and think I was pretty lucky.

My suggestion is to take it to a PDR guy and see what they can do.
dretheace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dretheace For This Useful Post:
Kayysonie (06-07-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #2390
Noire
Bee Enchanter

Drives: LR ZCA
Quote:
June 21st at waterford hills we are having a track day for karmanos cancer institute. We will have a silent auction with tons of stuff to bid on and rental lemons cars to take around the track. We are also accepting donations for ride alongs which is a great way to ride in full track prepped cars and cars we can't afford. It should be a really good time and I will be tracking my car in the event. You are all welcome to come out and check out what track days are all about and it's all for a good cause.

Sent from my Q10
I am signed up- I've been driving in 3Balls events for a few years but this is my first fundraiser with them- looking forward to it.
Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Noire For This Useful Post:
Accurate Race Shop (06-10-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #2391
Kayysonie
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kberkel View Post
@Kayysonie I know what you mean. I would probably pay for PDR. You can also try to pop it yourself, but PDR guys are magical....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretheace View Post
@Kayysonie I completely understand where you're coming from. I experienced this with my previous car that I kept in pristine condition ('06 tC)....

Does anyone have good recommendation of a place that does PDR?

I was going to a dealer body shop to get a quote but they are closed weekends for some reason.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #2392
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Does anyone have good recommendation of a place that does PDR?

I was going to a dealer body shop to get a quote but they are closed weekends for some reason.
Check out www.dentgenies.com they got awesome reviews

They probably will charge 75 tho. You could probably haggle down to 50 if you take everything off.

Is there a crease or is it spherical?
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #2393
Kayysonie
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kberkel View Post
Check out www.dentgenies.com they got awesome reviews

They probably will charge 75 tho. You could probably haggle down to 50 if you take everything off.

Is there a crease or is it spherical?
There's definitely a crease. I still hate looking at it.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #2394
DKPJester

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
There's definitely a crease. I still hate looking at it.

I got a nice ding on mine within a month of picking it up. I had a local guy do pdr and he was fantastic. He does dealership work mostly so I actually went to his house on a Saturday (I'm not sure he has a shop per se). Really nice guy, explained everything as he went and did perfect work. I think it cost like $80 or something? It's been a while.

http://www.doctorofdents.com/
Kayysonie (06-07-2014)