follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #57
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Drives: '13 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver01 View Post
Thanks for the info @TuxedoCartman , a few more questions if you dont mind. how does the seating position, height to be specific compare to the stock seats. i wonder because the stock seat at its lowest is pretty much as low as I will be willing to go, since I am not very tall. if the stradias are much lower than that, then I can not get them .
To be honest, I'm kinda surprised at how high the TRD rails cause the seat to sit. The Stradia II comes with two different seat options: regular, and super-low. Since I'm kinda on the shorter side myself, I went with the regular, thinking the seat & rails would be much lower than stock. Turns out... nope. TRD states (in Japanese, on their Japan website) that the hip-point for the TRD seats (Stradia II's) is identical to the hip-point on the stock seats. So with mine adjusted the way I like, I'm *maybe* a millimeter or two higher than my ideal position in the stock seats, which I had raised about 1/3 of the way using the height adjustment lever mechanism. I'm happy with the height for daily driving, but people who like to ride low might be disappointed. So for anybody looking at aftermarket seats to help provide headroom for a helmet, make sure to go with the super-low cushion! (Also, I imagine in a few more months Bride will be making extra low seat rails too; they have the option for other cars, just not the FRS/ BRZ yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
Now you need to add a 4 point harness.
I don't think I'll need one anytime soon. Maybe if this wasn't my daily driver. But I'm not going to be at the track enough to warrant it, and the seat does a good enough job of holding me.

That said, cue the "Ohmergawd, you're gonna die screaming and covered in fire if you use a four-point harness!!!" people in 5... 4... 3...
TuxedoCartman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TuxedoCartman For This Useful Post:
Tanuki (11-23-2012)
Old 03-18-2015, 04:58 AM   #58
Akhud

Drives: Black GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
Well, let's put it this way: I'll be switching to an automatic, because I no longer have the leg to operate a clutch with, and can't shift and steer with only one arm. Hope my kids never need a kidney from me. LOL...

Nah, it was expensive, but not end-of-the-world so. About $1800 for the Stradia II w/ black carbon fiber back (スーパーアラミド) and aluminum frame; pretty much top of the line for Bride, and only weighs 12kg. The TRD rails, side-airbag canceler, and sound-changers together were another $320.

I'll post pics tomorrow.
So do you know how much weight do you lost?

Seems that the TRD seats are heavier than the stock seats..

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=40726&page=67
Akhud is offline   Reply With Quote