follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #15
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B

Drives: Honda Accord (2002)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedSilly View Post
NJ people scare me with how they drive...
I'm from NJ and NJ people also scare me with how they drive... Especially in the winter, those minivans are ruthless (no joke).

This is unrelated to my initial topic / question but does anyone know any good shops that would do Clear Bra?

Wanted to get an estimate on doing the whole car (most likely will be riding without it this winter unless a good deal comes along...)
02.ACCORD.DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 02.ACCORD.DUDE For This Useful Post:
SlammedSilly (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #16
WhiteFRS69

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,432 Times in 756 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02.ACCORD.DUDE View Post
I'm from NJ and NJ people also scare me with how they drive... Especially in the winter, those minivans are ruthless (no joke).

This is unrelated to my initial topic / question but does anyone know any good shops that would do Clear Bra?

Wanted to get an estimate on doing the whole car (most likely will be riding without it this winter unless a good deal comes along...)
@DetailersDomain

from what ive read and seen, that "good deal" wont be out there, if anything, you can get a good deal off amazon and what not, but those clear bra's will turn yellow over time

if your going to clear bra your car, do it right! spend the extra money!

also get it done ASAP!
WhiteFRS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFRS69 For This Useful Post:
02.ACCORD.DUDE (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #17
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFRS69 View Post
@DetailersDomain

from what ive read and seen, that "good deal" wont be out there, if anything, you can get a good deal off amazon and what not, but those clear bra's will turn yellow over time

if your going to clear bra your car, do it right! spend the extra money!

also get it done ASAP!
Yeah, I'll look into wasn't sure if I wanted to splurge even more money than I have already... But the flip side is that I will be owning this car for at least 4-5 years (more of it's in good shape and I haven't grown tired of it)... Decisions, decisions...
Old 10-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #18
WhiteFRS69

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,432 Times in 756 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02.ACCORD.DUDE View Post
Yeah, I'll look into wasn't sure if I wanted to splurge even more money than I have already... But the flip side is that I will be owning this car for at least 4-5 years (more of it's in good shape and I haven't grown tired of it)... Decisions, decisions...
dont quote me, but ive seen 1500-2200 to clear bra the front end of cars,
Hood, fenders and front bumper and mirrors
WhiteFRS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:36 PM   #19
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
FWIW, I went w/ the 16" TireRack steelies and the Goodyear UG Ice WRT because of the $110 total rebate. I live in Syracuse, NY, so I'll be putting'em through the torture test in about another month or so, probably. Just bought the Fr-S less than a week ago, and I want to be ready.

On my previous car ('93 BMW 325i), I had used a Continental snow tire, Blizzaks, and Michelin X-ices. Blizzaks were best hands down both in performance and wear/longevity. The Michelins were great new, but wore down VERY quickly when driven on bare roads. Probably wouldn't buy'em again because they wore out so fast. The Continentals (ContiWinterContact or somethin' like that) were a good mix of performance, value, and longevity. All three handled bad roads (and we get'em about as bad as they come) great when new. The Blizzaks just handled'em for four seasons; I got three out of the Conti's, but barely, and the Michelin's were pretty much shot after two. We had a winter that had a lot of thaws/warm weather, then nasty snow, repeat cycles which may have contributed to their early demise.

Hope that helps a bit. Now, any tips on making sure that salt doesn't eat my new car? Up until now, I've just stuck to driving older cars. Me scared.

Best to all,

Barry
MuseChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MuseChaser For This Useful Post:
02.ACCORD.DUDE (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #20
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
FWIW, I went w/ the 16" TireRack steelies and the Goodyear UG Ice WRT because of the $110 total rebate. I live in Syracuse, NY, so I'll be putting'em through the torture test in about another month or so, probably. Just bought the Fr-S less than a week ago, and I want to be ready.

On my previous car ('93 BMW 325i), I had used a Continental snow tire, Blizzaks, and Michelin X-ices. Blizzaks were best hands down both in performance and wear/longevity. The Michelins were great new, but wore down VERY quickly when driven on bare roads. Probably wouldn't buy'em again because they wore out so fast. The Continentals (ContiWinterContact or somethin' like that) were a good mix of performance, value, and longevity. All three handled bad roads (and we get'em about as bad as they come) great when new. The Blizzaks just handled'em for four seasons; I got three out of the Conti's, but barely, and the Michelin's were pretty much shot after two. We had a winter that had a lot of thaws/warm weather, then nasty snow, repeat cycles which may have contributed to their early demise.

Hope that helps a bit. Now, any tips on making sure that salt doesn't eat my new car? Up until now, I've just stuck to driving older cars. Me scared.

Best to all,

Barry
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=95675&page=4

Try page 4 of this thread for some stuff.