follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #43
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by imravenit View Post
So if i followhe auto lsd disable step and pull the abs fuse would this solve my problem?

Or u wud recommend buying the trc vsc cut switch u posted?
I would avoid pulling the ABS you will lock the fronts a lot. The VSC cuts are a nice option because you get a physical switch and it works straight away, with 086A's method you have to wait for the car to warm up, find flat ground and pedal dance every time you want to disable it.

I went out and gave the car a real thrash last night and didn't have the auto LSD/ebd effect kick in at all.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 AM   #44
arleewa

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 086A View Post
Hello,

I was finding this same thing happening to me on some windy roads here. What we are seeing with VSC & TRAC off is yet another system activating, Auto LSD. If one wheel comes off the ground/looses traction it applies the brake to that wheel wheel to transfer the power to the one on the ground/more traction. Used in Toyota trucks and SUVs.

This is what I found after researching the repair manual to turn off VSC, TRAC, and Auto LSD.

What you need to do is put the vehicle in "inspection mode". This mode is recommended for diagnosing safely on a dyno. (Per the repair manual).

I later found out this was called the "pedal dance" by some fellow Lexus friends I have.

Now how to do the so called pedal dance,

First of all, "the disclaimer" Myself and the manufacture WILL NOT take any responsibility for STUPID things you do while in inspection mode. Plus, I am sure the EDR is watching....

These next steps need to be completed within 30sec. So it may take you a few times to get it right. It did for me, but I can't dance so go figure...... Hehe!

Step 1: eng. off in neutral on MT, park on AT, parking brake off on flat ground.

Step 2: start engine apply the parking brake (leave on)

Step 3: depress the brake pedal twice and hold down on the third.

Step 4: while still holding the brake pedal, release and apply the parking brake twice.

Step 5: with the parking brake still applied depress the brake pedal twice. The VSC and TRAC lights should illuminate. (BTW ABS is still active)

Shutting off the ignition and back on will reset it back to normal.

Have some SAFE fun without the auto LSD slowing your exit out of a turn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
LOL the "pedal dance" makes a triumphant retunr! just like in my former IS350
arleewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #45
NOHOME

Drives: RAVEN
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Complained to scion that the nany was kicking in when itwas shut off. Esay to replicate on RH, toss the tail out maneuver.

It is meant to do that, was the anwer from Scion.

Any chance Canada and US have different programing?
NOHOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #46
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHOME View Post
Complained to scion that the nany was kicking in when itwas shut off. Esay to replicate on RH, toss the tail out maneuver.

It is meant to do that, was the anwer from Scion.

Any chance Canada and US have different programing?
My build data is October 2012 USDM Scion FRS.
Last portion of my vin: 1712263

I have also noticed the flashing slip light a few times after long hold turn off (both lights orange on the dash and stay orange).

I can't say 100% if the auto lsd feature is kicking in in those situations but it does feel a little "un natural" when i have noticed it.

Other threads about the pedal dance have said that the diagnostic mode is the only way to defeat Brake Force Distribution and Panic Brake Assist. Also, the pedal dance does require the engine is warm before it will activate.